Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
06-20-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
If they're specifying specific levels like that, then yes, I think that would be a workaround that could work (although I'm far from an expert on OpenGL stuff..)

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 09:29 AM
it was playing fine in version 0.7.6 but we cannot see any letters in version 0.8 all the letters and words are like they were scratched by a black marker .....................
06-25-2013, 10:20 AM
magar_pun25, as has been said before in this thread, simply turn off the Mipmapping option, that should fix it for now.
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
WOW, -massive- speed improvement over JPCSP, at least on my system. Especially the start of Chapter 1; JPCSP slows down a lot because of the candle and the light coming through the windows (it doesn't successfully render either of these for me, I didn't even know they were there until I used this emulator).

Only three things I can even comment on, otherwise I'm extremely impressed by the most recent update.

-The big one (and the only really important one)'s the aforementioned 'Buffered Rendering' issue versus the world map screen. For some reason, this does not affect the map screen while inside a dungeon (for example, I can see to navigate in between the floors of the Palace of the Dead area just fine, even while Buffered Rendering is turned on). I much prefer having this option on, as it makes everything else look a lot better. There's also a small sliver of the world map visible in the lower left corner of the emulator screen that's still present while Buffered Rendering is on, and this animates just fine when you move between locations. Maybe the black overlay's some kind of layer that's not being purged properly? I know that the game normally uses a 'gradually gets blurrier as you approach the edges' effect that's only present on the world map screen, and that small visible sliver (which should be very blurry given the intended effect, since it's at the very edge of the screen) is actually crystal clear in PPSSPP, whether Buffered Filtering is on or not. I really don't think a 'filter toggle' is what's needed, probably the code for Buffered Filtering just needs a little tweak to interpret this specific layer/whatever it is correctly.

-Very slight sound crackling. However, this was occuring while I was surfing on freakin' Firefox; JPCSP would crash outright under such circumstances on my system, so I'm going to chalk that up to user-end performance rather than an emulator issue.

-Cheats! I see the vestiges of a cheat implementation system still in the works, hope that evolves to the point where it's caught up with JPCSP.

Very, very excited.
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
First of all. Excellent work to the ppsspp team. This last update is wonderful. That being said, I find that with LOCT the only issue is the need to toggle Buffered Rendering. While not a big concern to do so when you switch from indoors/outdoors and the map screen so much as in battle whenever there is a spell or ability cast I need to go in to the menu and toggle the Buffered Rendering to make the battlefield visible again.

Running a Tegra 3 device with 1GB ram, even with the sound on I find many games playable at Frameskip 3.
06-28-2013, 03:06 AM
I tried to modify the source code and found that if I add fbo_unbind(); after fbo_bind_as_render_target(vfb->fbo); in the FramebufferManager::SetRenderFrameBuffer() method, then I don't need to toggle Buffered Rendering, just keep it on. World map shown correctly with another rectangle buffer in the lower left of the screen.

I am not sure if this affect other parts of the game but at least it work for me. (I am a intermediate C++ but just a beginner OpenGL)

For sound crackling. You need to maintain VPS to 60 constantly. That why while you are doing another things those use some CPU times, you get sound shuttering. This also common in weak devices such as mobile phone without frameskip.

I prefer turning Buffered Rendering off. Buffered Rendering with frameskip don't work together very well in my android device. Frameskip set to 2 but in my feeling I see that it skip 5 or more.
06-28-2013, 03:44 AM
(06-28-2013 03:06 AM)Rhymes Wrote:  I tried to modify the source code and found that if I add fbo_unbind(); after fbo_bind_as_render_target(vfb->fbo); in the FramebufferManager::SetRenderFrameBuffer() method, then I don't need to toggle Buffered Rendering, just keep it on. World map shown correctly with another rectangle buffer in the lower left of the screen.

I am not sure if this affect other parts of the game but at least it work for me. (I am a intermediate C++ but just a beginner OpenGL)

For sound crackling. You need to maintain VPS to 60 constantly. That why while you are doing another things those use some CPU times, you get sound shuttering. This also common in weak devices such as mobile phone without frameskip.

I prefer turning Buffered Rendering off. Buffered Rendering with frameskip don't work together very well in my android device. Frameskip set to 2 but in my feeling I see that it skip 5 or more.

Does that fix the issues in battle as well when the screen blacks out from a spell, etc. being cast?
06-28-2013, 04:28 AM
Sorry, I haven't seen that problem so far, from beginning to near the end of chapter 1. I saw only some minor rendering issues when casting spells.

The main problem for me is buffered rendering with frameskip on is very laggy even VPS stay at 60.
I am using nexus 4 device.
06-28-2013, 08:35 AM
I have no idea how to modify the program's source code, unfortunately, and have never done such a thing before.

Hopefully something like this is included in the next build release.
06-30-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 12:00 AM by itoikenza.)
Hi guys. Can someone tell me the config for a r2d2 droid 2 non-rooted? I read through what most said but I can't see any of the main title options or world map menu. I have a save just before almorica. I'm on V 0.8.1-2-g0cfbde7

itoikenza's numerous encounters (V)irtually (I)mpossible (T)o (A)void. berate life effortlessly.
07-01-2013, 06:07 AM
(06-28-2013 03:44 AM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 03:06 AM)Rhymes Wrote:  I tried to modify the source code and found that if I add fbo_unbind(); after fbo_bind_as_render_target(vfb->fbo); in the FramebufferManager::SetRenderFrameBuffer() method, then I don't need to toggle Buffered Rendering, just keep it on. World map shown correctly with another rectangle buffer in the lower left of the screen.

Does that fix the issues in battle as well when the screen blacks out from a spell, etc. being cast?

I just found your answer. It happened to me once when I forgot disable frameskip after the test. Disable frameskip will not trigger black screen in battle. I always play wihout farmeskip. Vps varies around 40-60. Highest vps drop when in sepia scene. Some sound stuttering (due to vps not stable at 60).

Now I am at the beginning of chapter 3, no major problem so far.
07-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Anyone having problems with the 8.x build while playing tactics ogre?? I upgraded last weekend and it started crashing at random points after loading my save files. My save files (in game, not save slots) are from a 7.6 build. If i let the start screen go on for a long time, it will not crash, it even plays the movie at the start correctly. Also my save files are from chapter 4.

If i revert to my 7.6 build it works correctly.
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM
well my r2d2 is kaput... bad digitizer, causing phantom touches. thank god when it clicked amazon it didn't one-click purchase anything. but i digress... can't wait to try this at 100% playability eventually...

itoikenza's numerous encounters (V)irtually (I)mpossible (T)o (A)void. berate life effortlessly.
07-01-2013, 10:22 PM
(07-01-2013 06:07 AM)Rhymes Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 03:44 AM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  

I just found your answer. It happened to me once when I forgot disable frameskip after the test. Disable frameskip will not trigger black screen in battle. I always play wihout farmeskip. Vps varies around 40-60. Highest vps drop when in sepia scene. Some sound stuttering (due to vps not stable at 60).

Now I am at the beginning of chapter 3, no major problem so far.

Hmm. I still have the problem even after turning off frameskip.
07-04-2013, 04:38 AM
well i'm still having this problem after the tarot cards at the beginning, i can't see my units, can't see the battle ground, all is black except the dialogs. Everything else is fine, what could be the problem?.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)