Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Controller not working when loading ROMs
07-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Rainbow Controller not working when loading ROMs
First of all, I want to thank the developers for making such an amazing emulator which I've played for countless hours, there really isnt anything remotely close to PPSSPP. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I have a recent problem now and its specific to version 1.4.2 when playing games on my DS3 controller it worked perfectly until yesterday. I changed absolutely nothing on the settings, it simply seemed to stop working, I checked DS3 tool and found no issues because it works perfectly BEFORE loading games (in the menu of PPSSPP itself) the problem is not present when I go back to any other version, its just 1.4.2

No important windows updates have happened, I have not unplugged the controller or done anything to the files either, controller works perfectly with other games, any advice??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Controller not working when loading ROMs
My guess is that you have a game specific setting saved for the game where the controller stops working and the controller in that game specific setting is not set up correctly (either not set at all or the controller changed from controller 1 to controller 2 or 0 or 3 or something else silly).

Press triangle over the game you can't get the controller to work in and edit the game's specific settings from the menu that pops up. Hopefully that is the answer. The same thing happened to me one day and it took me 2 hours to figure out what was happening.
07-09-2017, 10:39 PM
im pretty sure TkSilver just solved your problem

but if somehow problem still occurs, try to download fresh 1.4.2 version to desktop and go with default settings and let us know the results

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
07-15-2017, 01:36 AM
(07-09-2017 10:39 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  im pretty sure TkSilver just solved your problem

but if somehow problem still occurs, try to download fresh 1.4.2 version to desktop and go with default settings and let us know the results

it seems doing that just solved the problem, thanks a lot! might have moved a few settings around by accident then Big Grin
05-08-2020, 05:46 AM
Sad RE: Controller not working when loading ROMs
Greetings,

I do have the same problem as well. I'm using MSI Force GC30, it was working when I first downloaded PPSSPP, it was just plug and play for me. Suddenly, this day, I can't use my controller when loading a game. Controller works fine with navigating the menu but just don't work when loading ROMS. I tried checking the game specific settings>control mapping, everything is mapped accordingly and I also tried downloading a fresh copy of PPSSPP but still it doesn't work. My PPSSPP version is 1.9.3

Does anyone know a step by step guide regarding this matter? Thank you in advance.

Also when navigating the menu the buttons that I could use is the DPad, X and O button but the triangle doesn't work so I have to use my keyboard to toggle the game specific settings.
06-11-2020, 01:58 AM
(05-08-2020 05:46 AM)1TRICKPONY Wrote:  Greetings,

I do have the same problem as well. I'm using MSI Force GC30, it was working when I first downloaded PPSSPP, it was just plug and play for me. Suddenly, this day, I can't use my controller when loading a game. Controller works fine with navigating the menu but just don't work when loading ROMS. I tried checking the game specific settings>control mapping, everything is mapped accordingly and I also tried downloading a fresh copy of PPSSPP but still it doesn't work. My PPSSPP version is 1.9.3

Does anyone know a step by step guide regarding this matter? Thank you in advance.

Also when navigating the menu the buttons that I could use is the DPad, X and O button but the triangle doesn't work so I have to use my keyboard to toggle the game specific settings.

Just had the exact same problem: controller stopped working out of nowhere with same symptoms. Auto config didn't give any results, downloading a clean new version of emulator also did nothing. Managed to solve it eventually by manually remapping every key all over again.