Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do the devs check the threads in Playable Games for new problems?
03-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Do the devs check the threads in Playable Games for new problems?
A couple days ago I posted to the threads for the two Midnight Club games in the Playable Games sub-forum, about problems that started happening with more recent versions of PPSSPP.

I didn't expect anyone to immediately jump on this issue, I just want to make sure that that was the correct place to post it and that the threads there don't get less attention because those games are considered fully playable now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Do the devs check the threads in Playable Games for new problems?
As for forums, this place isn't all that active so not many people check it often, there was some problem just days ago with forums being completely down as well. When you found a regression, better search on issue tracker on git if it wasn't already reported.

If it wasn't create a new issue, listing all the useful info you can provide, that includes which version the problem started, but also your platform ie Windows/Android/etc. in case of graphic glitches also your gpu(especially important on android).

When you find issues that seem similar, ie starting similar problems from same version even if game differs or affecting same game on other platform it's probably still same problem, ie your issue is likely related to this, so you could try changing settings->tools->dev tools->CPU Core from JIT to one of the interpreters(IR is faster).
If that does help instead of opening new issue, just add your information to that one I linked above as it would be same thing.

Often no dev has a bugged game, so without users providing useful information, the issue might never get fixed as it really is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Yea, forum is really bad place where to report bugs. the official bugtracker is the place to go.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-12-2017, 11:29 PM
(03-12-2017 12:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As for forums, this place isn't all that active so not many people check it often, there was some problem just days ago with forums being completely down as well. When you found a regression, better search on [URL removed due to posting restrictions] if it wasn't already reported.
OK.

(03-12-2017 12:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  When you find issues that seem similar, ie starting similar problems from same version even if game differs or affecting same game on other platform it's probably still same problem, ie your issue is likely related to this, so you could try changing settings->tools->dev tools->CPU Core from JIT to one of the interpreters(IR is faster).
If that does help instead of opening new issue, just add your information to that one I linked above as it would be same thing.
Yes, that does fix the issue. Unfortunately my system is too slow to run games properly with the interpreter, but at least it confirms that it's the same problem.

I'll register on Github and post my information in that issue.

(03-12-2017 12:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Often no dev has a bugged game, so without users providing useful information, the issue might never get fixed as it really is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
I understand. The main reason I registered on the forum was to help report bugs. PPSSPP is a great piece of software and I want to do whatever I can to help improve it. I'm not a programmer, so reporting bugs is about all I can offer. People say I'm good at finding them. Back in the 80s, I used to frustrate a friend who ran a Commodore BBS. "It's been running for five days straight, leave it to you to find a way to crash it!" Smile

I'm not really that familiar with Github. It's always seemed like a 'messy' site compared to SourceForge.
03-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes, please report bugs, especially regressions, on github, rather than the forums.

Github feels messy at first but once you get used to it it's way better than SourceForge in every way.
03-14-2017, 03:33 PM
(03-14-2017 02:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Yes, please report bugs, especially regressions, on github, rather than the forums.

OK, I will do so in the future when/if I find a problem.

Right now, the only ones I know of have already been reported (crashes in Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars and Resistance Retribution and messed up graphics in Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights)

(03-14-2017 02:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Github feels messy at first but once you get used to it it's way better than SourceForge in every way.
I'll take your word for it. Smile