Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
10-06-2015, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 12:02 AM by r3d21.)
RE: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
I was wondering if anyone was having trouble importing there save from their psp. I don't know if I need to decrypt my save or whatever but whenever I try to load my saves it freezes and closes out ppsspp. I don't mind restarting, but I was pretty far up there, I'd finish up on my psp, but it doesn't work as well anymore. I'm using my PC btw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2015, 11:06 AM
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time
so yeah, call me retarded if you want but I dunno if this is an emulator problem or a game problem. If there's a quick fix for this I'd love to hear it. It doesn't matter what size the window is either, the game is always zoomed way the hell in like this.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
12-27-2015, 04:54 PM
That doesn't happen for me. But then, I'm using a version of PPSSPP that's less than 2.5 years old.

I strongly recommend updating from 0.7.6 to 1.1.1.

-[Unknown]
01-17-2016, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2016 03:44 PM by Suhaild23.)
I am hoping someone will see this soon.

So i fixed some of the main problems like the sprites and jumbled text, those are completely fine now, but i have a new problem that came up.
When it goes to some scenes like when the main character has a dream of Ludwig talking to President Deringer. before that moment, when you are at Dixon's wife's house before you have the dream, everythings fine, but as soon as it switches to the Ludwig and President Deringer, i managed to get past it by sending the save file to my phone and going past it but i did to deal with the jumbled letters problem and made a new save afterwards so i could get past it. but now it crashed once again when the female angel attacks the village when the main character passes out and starts having visions again.

Edit: Also sorry if English is bad.

02-08-2016, 04:35 AM
Growlanser IV — how to fix the menu??
so i've played the game and fixed the font and when i opened the menu the text won't fully shown...
how to fix it?

Oh yea im playing it on android..
Thxx

02-08-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: Growlanser IV — how to fix the menu??
Have you tried the latest git build? Some of these look like scaling issues and things from an old version.

What Android device are you using?

-[Unknown]
04-27-2016, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 12:51 PM by XybaCalibur.)
(07-14-2014 08:51 PM)CoreyMcWhirter Wrote:  While playing the game today, I came across a glitch that has prevented me from continuing along the modified path of the game. After the conversation with Meline you have if you decided to save her the next screen is of my party and I stuck in a room that you can't leave or interact with anything except for invisible doors.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this and if so, how would you fix it.

I got the exact same problem as you. I can't continue on with the game like this... uggh. I'm trying to find the solution online, but I can't find any. I had a theory, it might be the 4th floor that has errors because I've never been able to access it. The PPSSPP just stops working.

So to prove my hypothesis I watch a playthrough, and my theory was right. Even if I were to let go of Meline's modified route, what if the rest of the party that has yet to join are also on 4th floor? That means I won't get any of their ending... That's a real problem because I'm a perfectionist, I want every aspect of the game complete.

Has anyone figured the problem out? If so, do tell. Thanks for the help in advance.

Additional Details:
- I use PPSSPP v1.1.1 on PC
- I fixed the font problem at the beginning of the game

Forward Details (6/5/16):
I have downloaded the newest version (v1.2.2), it still goes through the same problem, help asap would be greatly appreciated.
09-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Hey, has anyone had an issue after you see the Female angel near Ribocco(think that's the name) the game just crashes? If so, any fix? Any help would be appreciated.
04-10-2017, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 07:38 PM by rucky.)
I'm not sure if this is the game or the emulation bugging out.I'm getting no character portrait at the menu screen & the font are bugging out

edit 1: also sorry about the lacked of pics.it doesnt work for some reason

edit 2:ok i finally fixed the font problem by using original PSP font.still getting the main menu portrait problem though
02-11-2018, 05:35 AM
(01-17-2016 03:00 PM)Suhaild23 Wrote:  I am hoping someone will see this soon.

So i fixed some of the main problems like the sprites and jumbled text, those are completely fine now, but i have a new problem that came up.
When it goes to some scenes like when the main character has a dream of Ludwig talking to President Deringer. before that moment, when you are at Dixon's wife's house before you have the dream, everythings fine, but as soon as it switches to the Ludwig and President Deringer, i managed to get past it by sending the save file to my phone and going past it but i did to deal with the jumbled letters problem and made a new save afterwards so i could get past it. but now it crashed once again when the female angel attacks the village when the main character passes out and starts having visions again.

Edit: Also sorry if English is bad.
06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Still can't go to the 4th floor, stuck in a room after recruiting Meline. I hope there is a solution to this problem. Can anyone help?
06-08-2018, 08:52 PM
I have a very minor problem that might need some attention.

I'm playing on v.1.5.4 and I'm using Direct 3d9 backend.

Most of the games I've played I've been able to unthrottle with no issues. (i.e. Persona 3, Patapon 1-3, Dissidia, Star Ocean etc.)

However, this game doesn't allow me to do that, EXCEPT when i'm in the Debug room. And only inside there. If I try to play scenes and events, I still can't unthrottle for some reason.

Like I said, it's a minor issue, and I only really want it to speed up the battles somewhat so I'm looking for a possible fix, but I can live without it.
06-09-2018, 06:21 AM
If you show the FPS/Speed counter, does it change from 100%? It could be that it's just going as fast as it can on your device.

You might try v1.6.3 and see if OpenGL works for you in that version - it may run better and allow you to unthrottle.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2018, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 05:24 PM by Toffee.)
(06-09-2018 06:21 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you show the FPS/Speed counter, does it change from 100%? It could be that it's just going as fast as it can on your device.

You might try v1.6.3 and see if OpenGL works for you in that version - it may run better and allow you to unthrottle.

-[Unknown]

I tested it out with the fps counter like you said and I found that for the other games it shows 58-60/30 and it would reach upwards of 200% when I unthrottle, but for Growlanser it stays 60/60 and near 100%.

And after a bit more testing I found that I was wrong when I mentioned Star Ocean. Only the cutscenes could be unthrottled since they display at 30 fps. The actual gameplay part maxes out at 60 fps and couldn't be unthrottled. This is true for Star Ocean 2 as well.

I tried to turn off the "prevent fps from exceeding 60" option but I still couldn't unthrottle.

So I guess some games just can't go past 60 fps?

Also, I downloaded the latest version and did all these test on that, but unfortunately my PC is so old that the graphics card doesn't support OpenGL. Direct 3d9 is the only backend I can use. (And even 3d11 is too much since it crashes before even booting up) Whenever I use OpenGL my PC would force close it and say something about a Data Execution Prevention Plan or something.