Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Performance problems
12-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Performance problems
I have the lowest version from the website & still have fps drops in low tier games. Should I drop down to the next lowest version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Performance problems
(12-04-2016 08:29 PM)Ralexa Wrote:  I have the lowest version from the website & still have fps drops in low tier games. Should I drop down to the next lowest version.

Lowest? As in oldest? Get the latest and read trough this thread. http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I mean I can get an even older version off of emuparadise. It just seems like no matter what I do its always gonna have fps drops. Which was never an issue until a few months ago.
12-05-2016, 11:48 PM
I mean I can't even play final fantasy IV without fps drops. Its not a speed problem. Its an fps problem that started 2-3 months ago on V.1.1.
12-06-2016, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 04:28 AM by Asferot.)
(12-05-2016 11:48 PM)Ralexa Wrote:  I mean I can't even play final fantasy IV without fps drops. Its not a speed problem. Its an fps problem that started 2-3 months ago on V.1.1.

More sounds like you have something going on with your PC. If it was running fine, and now it is not, maybe something changed in your PC? New parts that you forgot to install drivers for?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-06-2016, 06:01 PM
I haven't put any new parts into my laptop. So I don't really know what's causing it.
12-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I have a copy of v.9, v.1.1 & v1.3. So far v.9 has had the best luck fixing the problem a bit
12-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Mkay. What are the specs of your PC then? CPU? GPU?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I have the standard parts for an HP 15 notebook PC.
CPU: Intel Pentium CPU
GPU: Intel HD graphics
12-08-2016, 05:06 AM
You did not really give actual specs, but I found online data based on model, I hope.
With that PC you should be able to run things just fine.
Unless you are using high settings, because PPSSPP on really high settings can slow down even on monster PCs.
Did you follow instructions in the link I linked you in beginning?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-09-2016, 03:57 PM
I guess I could try it. But like I said it's more of a fps problem.
12-09-2016, 09:35 PM
You keep repeating it's fps problem not a speed thing, but never specify what you mean by that?

Did you actually activated FPS counter(on the bottom of the graphics settings) setting it to "Both" and saw decreased FPS for example 30/60 with 100% speed or what?
Because such thing would mean you're using frameskipping as that's exactly what this feature does and you want it on if your gpu is not powerful enough to render everything.

There are also some dangerous/game breaking settings like:
- multithreading,
- timer hack,
- emulated psp cpu clock set to anything else than 0(which is auto/let's the game decide),
~ probably some more ini-only ones.

Which all can cause many problems including incorrect fps in which case fps would display for example 24/24 or some other weird value basically making affected games skip frames internally and unless you restore default settings or remove your ppsspp ini they will be kept between versions.

If you didn't checked fps counter you might think it's running at full speed while it doesn't. ~ Which is easy to imagine since while it's popular "internet truth", it's actually total BS and 2D games aren't "easier to run" from 3D ones, in fact FFIV is graphically way more demanding than most prettier "AAA" games, not only modern hardware is optimized for 3D graphics and handles it much easier, that particular game also runs at 60fps natively and your integrated intel graphics while fairy modern and reasonably fast still has many limitations most notably lack of dedicated fast vram that make it suck at rendering games, even more when it comes to emulation.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-17-2016, 09:00 PM
I shut off the game breaking things like multithreaded. But I'm still not sure what else to do. It usually messes up when I enter a battle in ffiv. But other games mess up over almost anything. My laptop handled these games perfectly before
12-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Is there anything else I could possibly do to solve this so.I can get back to the games?
12-24-2016, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2016 09:49 PM by ZeroX4.)
(12-24-2016 06:53 PM)Ralexa Wrote:  Is there anything else I could possibly do to solve this so.I can get back to the games?

wait a sec do you download any ppsspp version and for example put it on desktop and try to play?

or do u download it extract it and copy over ur previous ppsspp?

also is it only for ppsspp or for other emulators/normal games?

i had a girl that had exact same thing but with all on her laptop and for her it was bad ventilation/cooling

so we just made like
http://kswoodcraft.com/wp-content/upload...-frame.jpg
just allot smaller so her laptop would have better ventilation

also blowing in to radiator can help

also did u try NOT UPDATE but uninstiall graphic card drivers and install different version newer or older? just install only driver without any additional program to control it cause that can be the problem (if possible)

answer to all of that and we will think what we can do next

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com