Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
How too record ppsspp with geforce experience?
11-21-2016, 08:13 PM
How too record ppsspp with geforce experience?
Hi, I want to know if it's possible to record gameplay using Geforce Experience?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 01:05 AM
RE: How too record ppsspp with geforce experience?
Bump?

When I try to start recording I get a message saying that I can only record gameplay with a supported game. Is it just me? PPSSPP is in fullscreen mode. Also tried D3D, OpenGL and Vulkan, all with same results.

I can record cemu or dolphin gameplay normally. But to record PPSSPP I have to use OBS Studio because of this.

My setup is PPSSPP 1.4, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960m, 378.92 drivers, Geforce Experience version 3.5.0.69 on Windows 10 pro.
04-04-2017, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 04:58 AM by TkSilver.)
Since you are on a laptop the first step you will have to do seprate from desktop users is edit your registry to enable desktop capture.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-desktops/ - here is a guide for you. (If Nvidia has finally allowed this by default then skip)

Now general steps
1. Make sure shadowplay is on and set how you want it
2. Make sure desktop capture is enabled (thia is why laptop owners need the extra step above)
3. Start PPSSPP
4. Start your game of choice
5. Hit the manual record buton.
04-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I tried that. I can't enable desktop recording at all on my notebook even with those registry hacks, as it uses the other intel gpu to render the desktop.

The real problem seems to be that ppsspp fullscreen mode is borderless, not exclusive fullscreen. I've found an open issue at github (github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/9408) requesting to add the exclusive fullscreen feature.

I think I will only be able to record ppsspp gameplay using shadowplay if/when this feature is added.
04-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Yea for switchable graphics/Optimus I think the hack does not work for the exact reason you brought up. Sorry that was the best trick I knew.