Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To frameskip or not to frameskip ?
03-27-2013, 05:31 AM
To frameskip or not to frameskip ?
Thats the question here Wink

I havent played awful alot of different games yet but none of the games seem to run at full speed, thats usualy when frameskip should be used to test if it works better.

Well, for example DBZ Shin budokai 2, I gain 10 VPS more and it really speeds up the game, however it makes the game feel way less smooth than it really is. I swap frameskip on (30-40 VPS) and off (25-30 VPS) constantly because they both have their advantages.

Which one do you prefer and why ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: To frameskip or not to frameskip ?
i dont really know,but if you want speed then you should enable the frameskip,i prefer smooth playing.maybe if you play games that have fps around 30-40 fps you can enable the frameskip since the fps can rise to 45-60 and the lagging does'nt really seen.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
depends on the game and it's reaction when enabling the frameskip ! i got 30 34 fps when playing DBZ and i think it's enough to play the game(we hope that it will be better in future releases)

but with monster hunter,in a battale i have to enable the frameskip.but the game reacts good and there's no big lag
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Moved to offtopic
03-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Your post pretty like answers to your question. There is no balance between do or dont, sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont, sometimes it will look and feel nice, sometimes it wont.
03-28-2013, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 07:08 PM by Dwightyone.)
I'd rather wait, and wait, and wait until the game reaches the games native speed than use frameskip. I don't know what people refer to them as, but ever seen those homemade Star Wars Lego movies people film with their camera, when they move the lego man a 1MM tiny bit then take photo, then do it again, and again, and so on... Yes, that's what frameskip remind's me of.

Must say though, some of those Star Wars Lego movies are really awesome.