Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transferring save data from Andorid to Windows PC
08-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Transferring save data from Andorid to Windows PC
Hi there! Smile I only recently registered, but I've already visited this forum many times in the past. Just wanted to say I really appreciate all the hard work!

Aaaaanyways.
I'm trying to move my save data from my Android phone to my Windows computer.
I followed the instructions on many different topics, both on this forum and others, but it just does not work.

I downloaded the latest version of the emulator on my computer. I've tried basically everything. I'm kinda desperate bc I've spent plenty of hours on this couple of games I wanna play on my laptop, and so, restarting them isn't an option Undecided

Sorry for any mistakes- English isn't my first language. And thank you in advance for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2016, 07:21 PM
RE: Transferring save data from Andorid to Windows PC
Are you trying to transfer a savestate or an in game save?

What are you having issues with, do you jnow the proper places to put the files?

Are the iso files the exact same between the devices (different regions of the same game are not the same game as far as the save system is concerned)?

And any actual info on what issues you are having would be more useful then how much time you have played or that various guides didn't work.
08-17-2016, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 08:07 PM by furukawa.)
Okay um, sorry for writing one sentence that wasn't strictly pertaining? Anyways.

I meant the in-game save.
I do know the proper place to put the files: from what I've read, it is memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA. I copied the SAVEDATA folder from my Android phone, replaced the one on my computer with it - didn't work.
The ISOs are the exact same, and the emulator version is the exact same on both devices, the latest.
I even tried reinstalling the emulator on my computer, just to make sure I didn't forget anything.
I didn't say anything about what exactly I'm having "issues" with, because I simply really do not know - otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Wink
08-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Try savestate in your phone, transfer the savestate file to your pc and load it (ingame save after that, obviously)

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
08-17-2016, 11:37 PM
If you replaced the one on your computer, then that means you created a save on your computer and then replaced the file or did you just copy the files over.

If you didn't let PPSSPP make the folder structure then I would load up a game.... any should work and make an in game save, then load that save to make sure the issue is not that ppsspp does not have permission to read from where ever it is making the saves. If it can load a save it has made on the PC then there is some issue with the transfer or where you are putting the save file and we can work to test those next.
08-18-2016, 12:15 AM
Also, check My Documents to see if there's a My Documents\PSP. If there is, that means PPSSPP couldn't access the memstick folder, so it's using your My Documents folder instead. This happens a lot when you put the PPSSPP files in Program Files, for example.

-[Unknown]
06-13-2021, 01:39 AM
(08-18-2016 12:15 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Also, check My Documents to see if there's a My Documents\PSP. If there is, that means PPSSPP couldn't access the memstick folder, so it's using your My Documents folder instead. This happens a lot when you put the PPSSPP files in Program Files, for example.

-[Unknown]

it really did work