Poll: Is this allowed?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Sharing games within rules
07-19-2016, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2016 05:19 PM by PPSSPP.PSP.)
Sharing games within rules
One day, i will create my own game whether for PSP or any other console. Have i rights to share it here? I will not add any copyrighted files from existing games otherwise I'm definitely prohibited to share it. So can I do it? I will not post without admins/mods permissions!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2016, 10:46 PM
RE: Sharing games within rules
If your making a homebrew psp game, which was the original purpose of custom firmware on the psp it should be fine.... but this forum is not really setup to host files. If it runs on an actual psp as well I would recomend the wololo forums since they are better setup for what you want to do and even have had homebrew contests in the past with prizes.
07-20-2016, 03:42 PM
I could not understood what you exactly said about custom firmware. Can you explain me clearly?
07-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Custom firmware is an alternate operating system on a physical psp that allowed the running of unsigned (not aproved by sony) code (games and programs) on a psp.

If you want a different example it is like jailbreaking an iOS device or modding a videogame console. It allows people to run software that is not approved on the device.
07-21-2016, 04:56 PM
(07-20-2016 06:26 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Custom firmware is an alternate operating system on a physical psp that allowed the running of unsigned (not aproved by sony) code (games and programs) on a psp.

Yes. This is exactly what i mean. So my only question is can i share it here as it would not be illegal. Many users from Dolphin(GC and Wii emulator) community have told me that it would not be illegal. But i don't know what users from here(ppsspp forums) says. If they think it would be illegal, i will not share it here.
07-22-2016, 08:32 AM
if you wanna share something u create from the scratch then who could hold you?

at worst your post can be moved to different section but why any1 would have problem with that?

look i made icons for archives
http://rocketdock.com/addon/icons/43570

i posted in on rocketdock site cause well i dont remember why

but i made it and only way u can use it is with some programs or idk some folders whatever

its 100% my work but u can only use it with someone else work

and only thing someone from here can do is remove that link cause either im advertising something or it have nothing to do with ppsspp

but its not like its illegal to post it here
its not copyright protected by any1 else then me

and i dont force any1 to use it

so i really dont understand your problem here?

anyway you should upload it to some psp site which holds tons of homebrews and stuff and then post here link to it that would make more sense

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
07-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Ok thanks for your explanation.