Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
01-24-2014, 09:25 PM
(android) monster hunter portable 3rd problem
I get through the character creation and then it goes to a cut scene and i get a black screen freeze. Before anyone asks, yes I have pauth files. I think the problem is that I have the monster hunter portable 3rd .iso as a windows media player file and thats it (no folder), so the pauth files may not be working correctly. Can anyone help me?

Side question, why does this game use circle as a conformation button in the menus for character creation (not sure if it does for the whole game) its seriously confusing.

PS. if a mod sees this, please dont link me to the monster hunter portable 3rd thread, I have read through it numerous times and it didnt help.

And remember I am play on a android device.

thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2014, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 10:34 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Merged.

(01-24-2014 09:25 PM)sterodicsquirell Wrote:  PS. if a mod sees this, please dont link me to the monster hunter portable 3rd thread, I have read through it numerous times and it didnt help.

But you should post in it anyway...
Otherwise the forum will be a complete mess...
Creating a new thread won't provide you more help or visibility you know Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-24-2014, 10:48 PM
(01-24-2014 10:32 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.

(01-24-2014 09:25 PM)sterodicsquirell Wrote:  PS. if a mod sees this, please dont link me to the monster hunter portable 3rd thread, I have read through it numerous times and it didnt help.

But you should post in it anyway...
Otherwise the forum will be a complete mess...
Creating a new thread won't provide you more help or visibility you know Smile

wow sorry didnt think about do that
01-25-2014, 12:46 AM
where do you have the pauth files? They should be in there own folder named PAUTH in all caps. It should then be placed in the same place as the psp folder.
01-26-2014, 07:25 PM
(01-25-2014 12:46 AM)mr.chya Wrote:  where do you have the pauth files? They should be in there own folder named PAUTH in all caps. It should then be placed in the same place as the psp folder.

well now i cant even find the pauth files. i may have deleted them, where is the download for them?
01-27-2014, 08:33 PM
(01-24-2014 09:25 PM)sterodicsquirell Wrote:  I get through the character creation and then it goes to a cut scene and i get a black screen freeze. Before anyone asks, yes I have pauth files. I think the problem is that I have the monster hunter portable 3rd .iso as a windows media player file and thats it (no folder), so the pauth files may not be working correctly. Can anyone help me?

Side question, why does this game use circle as a conformation button in the menus for character creation (not sure if it does for the whole game) its seriously confusing.

PS. if a mod sees this, please dont link me to the monster hunter portable 3rd thread, I have read through it numerous times and it didnt help.

thanks in advance.
please help me guys
01-27-2014, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:54 AM by TheDax.)
Here's the link to the pauth files

as for why the circle and X buttons are reversed is because that's the way Japanese games are.
01-28-2014, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:54 AM by TheDax.)
(01-27-2014 10:15 PM)mr.chya Wrote:  Here's the link to the pauth files

as for why the circle and X buttons are reversed is because that's the way Japanese games are.

i am only getting one file out of that link and its not a .zip
01-28-2014, 03:19 AM
It should be a 7z file that is another form of compression. You should be able to open and extract it with winrar or 7zip. I'm not sure if winzip can open 7z files.
01-28-2014, 03:58 AM
* download 7zipper by Polarsoft, its free, and can unzip all compression, including ( .7z )

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
01-28-2014, 10:03 PM
FINALLY I DID IT
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 07:58 AM by nc50lc.)
(01-27-2014 08:33 PM)sterodicsquirell Wrote:  
(01-24-2014 09:25 PM)sterodicsquirell Wrote:  I get through the character creation and then it goes to a cut scene and i get a black screen freeze. Before anyone asks, yes I have pauth files. I think the problem is that I have the monster hunter portable 3rd .iso as a windows media player file and thats it (no folder), so the pauth files may not be working correctly. Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance.
please help me guys

1. You're using Android? PAUTH Folder should be copied on the Root of your SD card, not inside the PSP folder. I'm using ISO format too. (the emulator seems trying to generate PAUTH folder but there only 4 files inside it, unlike the one that real psp generated. If there's no PAUTH folder, the emulator will generate it "inc" that's when the black screen+freezing came up or is it generated as the game starts? Then it freeze when trying to read missing textures). You should provide the right PAUTH files which has 39 files inside.

2. The Game is only released on Japan for the time being, that's why the savedata is "JP", Japan titled games uses the "real" O and X principle which is O for Correct and X for wrong.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
02-18-2014, 11:00 AM
PPSSPP windows v0.9.7.2

PPSSPP always Crashes after I load up MHP3rD.
I tried tweaking the settings but still none.

I tried also extracting a fresh PPSSPP but it still Crashes.
MHFU works fine though.

I've seen people making it work. but why doesn't mine work.

I'm using MonsterHunterPortable 3rd English patched v5

Please HELP
02-18-2014, 04:01 PM
(02-18-2014 11:00 AM)thediamante Wrote:  PPSSPP windows v0.9.7.2

PPSSPP always Crashes after I load up MHP3rD.
I tried tweaking the settings but still none.

I tried also extracting a fresh PPSSPP but it still Crashes.
MHFU works fine though.

I've seen people making it work. but why doesn't mine work.

I'm using MonsterHunterPortable 3rd English patched v5

Please HELP

If I remember you have to download some "PAUTH" files. It's somewhere in this thread so read all posts and you'll find it.
02-18-2014, 10:44 PM
^ oww I thought the PAUTH files thingy were for android users only.

Thanks. made it work.
Found a crash though.

When entering an online guild hall. it crashes on loading screen.
Does everyone experience this or just me?

WINDOWS
v0.9.7.2
MHP3rd ENG patch v5