Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
09-07-2014, 04:43 AM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
I think "simulate block transfer" on and "disable slower effects" off are required for the battle transitions to work. Otherwise, which section are you playing? It should at least work at the start of the main game.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Played all the way to the underworld/Babil last night. I'll try those settings and see how it works out
09-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey guys playing on android on latest version but there are a few problems I'm having. For one the text overlaps in battles, during battles when you kill and enemy the fps drops a little and when I open the menu the fps drops too. Probably been covered before but seeing if there are fixes

Systems and Devices:

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Nintendo Switch(Exploitable)

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GTX 1080 8GB
16GB DDR4-3200MHz
09-19-2014, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 12:27 AM by fade2black001.)
I searched the topic but couldn't find the problem that I got.

I am using 0.9.9.1 and the menu doesn't show up. I must admit it loaded it up fine once but after that it just doesn't show. In the link below you will find my settings for the emulator along with a picture of the problem.

http://imgur.com/r9ADOxP,VZHpJZe

I have tried turn all setting that can be turned to off, put it on non buffered rendering and played around with all settings in texture scaling. Nothing would make it appear again. It really hard to play a game that relies heavily on menu usage when you can't see the menu.

My PC specs
I5 3570 4.2ghz
8GB DDR3
2GB 6950

Thank you

Edit1: It appears to be working fine in the main game. The problem I had was when I was playing the Interlude. Its seems to be a problem within the emulator itself. Have only tried those two modes. Will test others
09-22-2014, 02:51 AM
Finished the core FF4 game tonight, only major bug were graphic glitches on the overworld on the moon. Overall pretty playable and enjoyable. Turbo definitely helps grind out those levels.
09-23-2014, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 07:53 PM by Cursedragon.)
There are still no solution for the white line in the world map and cavern?
09-24-2014, 03:31 AM
Sure there is. Use the latest git build. Problem solved.

-[Unknown]
09-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks Unknown and for the chars with the green edges?
09-24-2014, 01:33 PM
As described above, make sure you're not using texture scaling other than OFF, texture filtering other than AUTO, and render resolution other than 1x. Some people still get it and it's probably Catalyst AI or a graphics driver setting.

-[Unknown]
09-27-2014, 10:27 AM
But its weird FF IV is in game section whereas it is perfectly playable
09-27-2014, 03:32 PM
There are still crashes with certain bosses depending on bezier quality settings and some other factors...

-[Unknown]
10-02-2014, 12:28 AM
I am having an issue during some battles that involve summoning/resurrecting. For example, the boss fight with Baigan would crash my game whenever i killed his two arms and he used resurrect. I was able to leave one arm alive and progress. However, a new issue has just appeared which has never happened before. Enemies that summon other enemies crash my game during the summon. It seems like the game can't find the files of the summon and it crashes. I am using ppsspp ver 0.9.7.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
10-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Ok, after playing a while the summoner no longer causes the game to crash and the summon works, but the texture for the summoned enemy glitches in instead of smoothly appearing.
10-04-2014, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 09:54 PM by forumguy5272.)
Game has been working fine so far, but crashes every time I encounter a Summoner in the Passage of the Eidolons. Unlike the other guy, it isn't magically going away. No other enemies that summon have given me this problem, either, so not sure what it could be.
10-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Hello friends, I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong or not. I tried downloading version 0.9.9.1 to make sure everything worked. This emulator plays every game I've tried with it, except for Final Fantasy IV, the complete collection.

My problem is as follows:

The game loads up. The splash screen loads. The menu screen loads. The music is normal. I just can't get the menu to appear. The cursor bar highlights stuff, but the words don't appear. Nevermind, I clicked on one of them anyway.

When it goes into the game, the same problem occurs. I can't read any of the text. There's a sequence where some airships are flying. I didn't realize there was dialogue on the screen until I hit the X button and it advanced.

The text just isn't showing up at all.

I don't know if this is some setting I need to change, or if I'm doing something wrong.