Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
Hello,

With buffered rendering on or off, I unfortunately still can't see text in game. Is this due to AMD, and is there anything else I can do to fix this or is there possibly an update that will address this?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 08:45 PM
(07-09-2013 05:22 PM)hambubger Wrote:  Hello,

With buffered rendering on or off, I unfortunately still can't see text in game. Is this due to AMD, and is there anything else I can do to fix this or is there possibly an update that will address this?

Thanks.

As I've covered in my article below, it is solely due to AMD drivers, and it affects all AMD cards, so there's nothing you can do about it unless you get a machine with a NVIDIA card or replace your AMD card with a NVIDIA one.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4383

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-10-2013, 05:02 AM
I'm getting a semi transparent line down the left side of the screen during the opening of the game.

http://imgur.com/HbsVxxn

Once the scene shifts to the air ship the line vanishes and is replaced by a moving horizontal one.

http://imgur.com/uYlP1uV

Any ideas on how to fix this?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
07-10-2013, 05:09 AM
There's nothing you can do to fix it at the moment..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-10-2013, 05:11 AM
(07-10-2013 05:09 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  There's nothing you can do to fix it at the moment..

Is the issue being worked on? Thanks for the quick reply!

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello all, I have a problem: there is no any text in dialogues and in battle mode, but in menu text works correctly. How can I config PPSSPP for that? Disabling "Buffered Rendering" does nothing. I've tried three emulator versions, everywhere is same.
P.S. Sorry if my English is too bad, I really hope anyone can understand me and help.
07-10-2013, 11:24 AM
(07-10-2013 10:53 AM)nezeramos Wrote:  Hello all, I have a problem: there is no any text in dialogues and in battle mode, but in menu text works correctly. How can I config PPSSPP for that? Disabling "Buffered Rendering" does nothing. I've tried three emulator versions, everywhere is same.
P.S. Sorry if my English is too bad, I really hope anyone can understand me and help.

V

(07-09-2013 08:45 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  As I've covered in my article below, it is solely due to AMD drivers, and it affects all AMD cards, so there's nothing you can do about it unless you get a machine with a NVIDIA card or replace your AMD card with a NVIDIA one.

so, what graphic card that you use to play?
07-10-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 03:09 PM by nezeramos.)
(07-10-2013 11:24 AM)Syntheril Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 10:53 AM)nezeramos Wrote:  Hello all, I have a problem: there is no any text in dialogues and in battle mode, but in menu text works correctly. How can I config PPSSPP for that? Disabling "Buffered Rendering" does nothing. I've tried three emulator versions, everywhere is same.

V

(07-09-2013 08:45 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  As I've covered in my article below, it is solely due to AMD drivers, and it affects all AMD cards, so there's nothing you can do about it unless you get a machine with a NVIDIA card or replace your AMD card with a NVIDIA one.
So there is no way to make it work?

so, what graphic card that you use to play?

Sad, looks like there is AMD card in my notebook. I really do not understand anything in hardwares, so I can't understand critical diffirence, which makes FF IV TCC almost unplayable. Very sad, thanks for fast answer.
So there is no way to make it work correctly on AMD? Or it is just "work in progress"? Is it possible, that one day PPSSPP will have no conflicts with AMD cards?
07-16-2013, 07:53 AM
I think amd cards will be fixed when software \ d3d renderer will be implemented. (well i have nvidia but i still wait for someone to implement bezier\spline, so that spells\some effects will work correctly, until then i will not finish this game to 100%)

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
07-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi, new user here. Honestly just came looking for a fix for the text problem. So it's the AMD drivers...but here is the issue. I have tried two different emus. The latest version of this one and another jcpsp I think...Well the strange thing is, the other one text is there but music is not. I'm not sure how each work so I can't give suggestions or ideas on a work around, but if the problem is solely the graphic drivers for AMD, why does it work with another emu?
07-17-2013, 12:00 AM
i dont entirely know how they got it working. but JCPSP isnt complete either when it comes to this game... and the diff between jcpsp and ppsspp is that JCPSP uses java so it has some limitations where as PPSSPP uses C++ so it doesnt have those limitations. and there are ways of getting the music to play of JCPSP.... but the shatter effect is broken and some spells are really slow...
07-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Well I figured if someone could figure out why the text works on that once and not this one (yes I do like PPSSPP better) it might be a step closer to making every happy Smile
07-23-2013, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 08:56 AM by Ghazza.)
FFIV-THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
It works good but i didnt see the speech when the characters spoke. So Basically i dont know what they are saying. Oh and BBS lags a bit. considering how fast the emulator is improving i reckon these problems will be fixed in the next update! And thank you in advance

EDIT: I forgot to say this is for the android port.
07-23-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: FFIV-THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
There are already threads about the games here and here, use the search function next time instead of making similar threads. Is already known about in-game text issues with this FFIVCC, at the moment the only proper way to display them is by running the emu on a pc with a nvidia gpu.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Merged