Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
06-06-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
I'm using the latest version on default settings.

Windows 10
Intel core i7 3770k
AMD Radeon R9 390
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2017, 12:53 AM
And by first battle - you mean in the intro, in the airship? It's not crashing for me, at least not in a recent git build.

Try switching to Direct3D 11, or Vulkan. Does it crash in both of these backends as well? Make sure you have hardware tessellation disabled. I'd also recommend looking for video driver updates.

Unfortunately, I don't have any AMD video card to test with - I'm using an NVIDIA 9xx.

You may also want to verify the crc of your disk image and re-rip it if necessary.

-[Unknown]
06-07-2017, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 06:58 PM by Pelador1.)
I don't know if it was the graphics card update or switching to Vulcan but problem solved. Thanks for the help. And I just bought a hard copy too. <_<

Okay so now it's crashing whenever I kill the mist boss'

Fixed. It was Vulcan causing the crash. Switched to Direct 3D11
07-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Intel Ivybridge i5
Radeon R290X

Every game works the best in OpenGL or Vulkan. Not sure if vulkan better.
There is something goofy with the OpenGL and FFIV complete
As you said, it crashes at the intro transistion between airship and crystal room theft.
Vulkan is working great, but too bad about buffered effects being gone.
I'll be aware of the vulkan/mist dragon crash when I get there.

David

(06-07-2017 01:38 PM)Pelador1 Wrote:  I don't know if it was the graphics card update or switching to Vulcan but problem solved. Thanks for the help. And I just bought a hard copy too. <_<

Okay so now it's crashing whenever I kill the mist boss'

Fixed. It was Vulcan causing the crash. Switched to Direct 3D11
07-06-2017, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 05:37 AM by KhR0N1K.)
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz
16 GB of RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6900 - newest drivers

hey it seems one of the newer builds has broken the text / dialogue boxes on AMD (my series at least). I tested all of the builds on Default settings back until i could find where it stopped working and i narrowed it down to the specific build where the text / dialogue boxes stopped working. i will attach a couple screenshots as well. At the beginning of the game the text shows but no Blue Dialogue Box and then when the game starts the in-game Menu is basically the same thing and is completely broken / unusable.

Build v1.3-1133-g576c1b7 Default Settings > Working

Build v1.3-1135-g67fb745 Default Settings > Broken (also tried many combo of settings on this build and the newest with no luck)

it seems "Merge: 576c1b7 10f144e Merge pull request #9505 from hrydgard/remove-gl-bgra-path Remove BGRA path from GLES." is the reason for the text breaking on AMD all the way until the newest build.

i will attach 2 screens of the working build then 2 of the new broken build.

for now i am just using the older build that still works. if its at all possible to fix this issue again for Final Fantasy 4 without breaking other games it would be greatly appreciated so people could still use the newest builds with fixes and enhancements etc. to play Final Fantasy IV : The Complete Collection with your amazing emulator Big GrinHeart.

Build v1.3-1133-g576c1b7

Build v1.3-1135-g67fb745

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2017, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 05:33 PM by KhR0N1K.)
can anybody else confirm this? is anyone trying to fix it? or will it never be fixed? any info would be appreciated so i will know if i should test future builds with FF4 or if it will always be broken etc.. thanks a lot in advance
07-11-2017, 08:21 PM
(07-10-2017 05:26 PM)KhR0N1K Wrote:  can anybody else confirm this? is anyone trying to fix it? or will it never be fixed? any info would be appreciated so i will know if i should test future builds with FF4 or if it will always be broken etc.. thanks a lot in advance
i have same specs as you and so i wanted to test but then i started to wonder why you use 1.3 and not 1.4 ?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
07-11-2017, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 10:08 PM by KhR0N1K.)
(07-11-2017 08:21 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 05:26 PM)KhR0N1K Wrote:  can anybody else confirm this? is anyone trying to fix it? or will it never be fixed? any info would be appreciated so i will know if i should test future builds with FF4 or if it will always be broken etc.. thanks a lot in advance
i have same specs as you and so i wanted to test but then i started to wonder why you use 1.3 and not 1.4 ?

....? did u not read any of my OP? all builds newer then Build v1.3-1135-g67fb745 are broken/not working all the way up to and including yesterdays build v1.4.2-266-g2d5e7c8..

so ya if u want u can test any version 1.4 build for yourself..if they are working then the issue is only on my end...if they don't work for you then try a build earlier then v1.3-1135-g67fb745 and see if it works. if you have the same results at least we know it doesn't work on this series of AMD and maybe all AMD's or more. If some nvidia users can test as well we could find out for sure. its not rocket science or that confusing really.

actually the newest v1.4 build is even worse. no blue dialogue box or white text. also missing the screenshot taken text that used to pop up..
quick edit: checked again the blue box is always missing but the white test only disappears if i go full screen but they stays gone even if i minimize again. the working builds work both fullscreen and windowed.

v1.4.2-266-g2d5e7c8

07-11-2017, 11:25 PM
now i just did read this line "....? did u not read any of my OP?" and didnt read the rest and didnt read anything before it

picture 1 is from ppsspp version with my settings im using from years while maintaining the settings just overwriting ppsspp folder with new version
and pic 2 is from newly download version just to my desktop and settings are untouched i just extracted it from zip and launched the game

http://imgur.com/a/ZNXIy

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
07-11-2017, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 11:32 PM by KhR0N1K.)
Thank you. What is your windows version and gpu etc? Also in your AMD settings do you have OpenGL triple buffering on or off?
07-12-2017, 12:33 AM
did you try to download clean version of ppsspp to your desktop and launch FF from it without changing any setting? ( i dont mean version with installer but zipped one )

i forgot to mention that for sure we have different gfx cards
nothing in my gfx card settings is changed from when i installed drivers for it like half year ago
http://i.imgur.com/fiEPI1S.jpg

for me u messed up either ur settings in ppsspp or in your graphic card
of course i can be wrong but well whatever

i would start downloading clean ppsspp to desktop and trying if that fix problem
and if that would not help then make a clean installation of drivers < since it would reset to defaults all settings in graphic card settings or maybe u have that option somewhere

07-12-2017, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2017 12:43 AM by KhR0N1K.)
My gpu drivers r fine and if u read OP i only used default settings on the ppsspp and yes from the zipped version. It may be one of my GPU settings or the specific series as u mentioned.

And your graphics card is nvidia.... No wonder it works. Text has never been broken on nvidia. It was broken a couple years ago for ff4 on amd gpus. So this issue can still be an AMD issue. U said u had the same specs as me...ugh.
07-12-2017, 05:39 AM
i wanted to write that i have almost same specs but i was playing while making post so i didnt bother
thats my mistake and im sorry for that but anyway is FF only game with that issue?

for example if u can get or have star soldier could you make screen shoot of ships shooting into you on 1st level?
cause i believe if shots there will look strange problem would be related to what i have once and could be solved by tweaking

07-12-2017, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2017 03:00 PM by KhR0N1K.)
(07-12-2017 05:39 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  i wanted to write that i have almost same specs but i was playing while making post so i didnt bother
thats my mistake and im sorry for that but anyway is FF only game with that issue?

for example if u can get or have star soldier could you make screen shoot of ships shooting into you on 1st level?
cause i believe if shots there will look strange problem would be related to what i have once and could be solved by tweaking

trust me i tried tweaking and every combo of options..secondly if u go back through this thread u will see FF4 had this issue before. not other games...i also posted what most likely broke is again is this " "Merge: 576c1b7 10f144e Merge pull request #9505 from hrydgard/remove-gl-bgra-path Remove BGRA path from GLES." since this is what was changed in the build where it stops working for me. and also its obviously not the options if im using default and it breaks on a specific build with all default options. but yes i did try a bunch of tweaks/combos on the newer builds that dont work just in case. n can u please read my OP more closely please.
07-12-2017, 06:05 PM
nope sry im still too lazy but i tell u what
i still have old copy of ppsspp with local adhoc and i dont care for testing or switching to new since all games i play locally works on it

be happy you have alternative

and i dont want to sound more retarded than i am if thats possible. probably not but i kinda would switch with you cause i like that no window menus in FF