Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macross Ace Frontier
08-22-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Macross Ace Frontier
crashes on my ipad 2 ios 6 when it reaches the character selection screen..any fix?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 12:26 AM by valefor.)
On latest v0.9.1-2096-windows-x86 I have to disable sound, else will crash when sheryl start singing (her picture appears on background at mission start).
Loading saved data still broken.

On previous v0.9.1-1949-windows-x86 sound works fine with atrac3 enabled, no crash so far.
I remember on older version I had to disable atrac3 to make this playable.

EDIT: I only got that crash on Windows 8.

I tested again on Windows 7, no crash at all using v0.9.1-2096-windows-x86. But sounds a bit choppy & cracking when battle, not as smooth as v0.9.1-1949.
11-02-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 06:38 PM by Zeether.)
As of 0.9.5 on Windows there are still problems trying to load a game.
01-30-2014, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 10:23 PM by piau9000.)
You can't load a saved game.
The following appear:

[Image: b8c2.jpg]

It stays stuck in this and you need to close or reset the emulator.
The game checks for a save right in the beginning, but it seems that it is corrupted or broken, so you can't pass the intro without having to delete the save file.

Using the last orphis build.

This should be moved to Ingame.
01-30-2014, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 10:40 PM by Claxus.)
This is a very old issue, unfortunately. Same happens with the other games in the Macross series. It's playable if you start a clean save and turn off auto save, then just use save states to play the game, but that's very inconvenient.

Hope this gets fixed some day (Every week or so I test with the latest versions ;_; ). I've always wanted to emulate these games with all the nice graphic enhancements, and they're technically completely playable and flawless despite this crippling save problem.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/1231
01-30-2014, 11:29 PM
The worst part is that, not only savestates are incompatible between builds, but the same issue was present on jpcsp a long time ago, but despite being fixed on the jpcsp, on ppsspp the bug is still present and as far i know the devs are figthing to find a way to fix it.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
So close... Tested on ppsspp-v0.9.6-802. It actually saved the game fine and kept playing. On the other hand, it still crashes when loading...
02-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Sadly all Macross games suffer the same problems...

02-13-2014, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 11:34 PM by Claxus.)
It's finally playable! The game saves and loads without hanging... Actually I tested more on Triangle Frontier, but they're basically the same.

There's minor graphical issues to be noted. Between menu screens, the screen has weird flashes for a split second. No big deal right?

There's an issue with rendering water textures, they appear all black and periodically flash with the actual water texture. Simply turn off Mipmapping, and it will be good. The water animation is choppy but otherwise no real problems.

A bigger issue is thrusters. They will appear with a 'transparent' box around them when boosting. For Rendering Mode, switch to either of the Read Framebuffers to Memory options, and the boxes become much less visible, and very ignorable, but still notable.

The last and biggest issue (IMO) issue is when transforming from or to Fighter mode. For some reason, some parts towards the back of the mechs deform into a large size and jut out. Haven't found any option to tone this down, unfortunately. It's a bit annoying considering transforming is the key asset of the game, but this problem only occurs for half a second, and otherwise, the game is 100% playable now.
02-14-2014, 01:18 PM
I can confirm the saves working, that's a really good news! Personally speaking the transformation graphical glitch is anyway minimal, I'm more concerned regarding thrusters, this bug was present on jpcsp from time immemorial too, still I can't thanks the devs enough!

02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Not sure if you guys saw it, yesterday I posted a build in Macross Triangle Frontier which removes the gray rectangles in all Macross games:

It's not a proper fix, it only removes all bezier effects, so unless we get an option to toggle bezier effects on/off in addition to changing their quality, you'll not see it in official versions. Would be better if the effect got fixed, but I don't really think Macross games use it for anything other than this heat effect through, didn't notice other stuff missing at least in compare to having bezier effects on, and it looks pretty good without the effect, certainly better than with those rectangles.

Sure there are minor annoyances here and there, but it's pretty enjoyable for me alreadySmile.
BTW the transformation glitch in those games kind of remind me God Eater 2 weapon bug that was visible in some updates of the game, wonder if they're related. In there it's about bugged memory management or something, so wouldn't really be a big suprise seeing more games than just GE2 being bugged by it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Hey LunaMoo, yes I saw the workaround of yours, it's really great! I was going to ask if you could put an issue on github, in order to merge it on the main ppsspp (if Henrik wuold allow it of course).

02-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Nah this shouldn't be merged at least not in such form, it disables bezier effects completely without adding any option to restore it. Those effects might be not 100% correct in all games, but in some they aren't just subtle effects like here.

Oh and BTW I don't really mind that transformation bug much either, but from playing MTF I must say it might be much more bothersome than by the description here. I noticed that some skills that auto-transform a few times can glitch it completely after few uses and the glitch covers full screen untill transforming to other form manually to revert the glitch.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
(02-15-2014 02:20 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Hey LunaMoo, yes I saw the workaround of yours, it's really great! I was going to ask if you could put an issue on github, in order to merge it on the main ppsspp (if Henrik wuold allow it of course).

I've already made a issue report on github. Now we just need to wait.
It's a spline/bezier problem.
What LunaMoo did is just a game specific hack and these kind of things doesn't get added so easily. A lot of games use the bezier effect for more than just a "effect". The spells animations of FF4 for example.
02-15-2014, 07:25 PM
@LunaMoo: I see, well thanks to explaining this, and I haven't tried MTF yet, but this could be a bit bothersome. Do you have any idea of the cause of that graphical glitch?

@piau9000: Thanks for reporting this on github, hopefully someone will try any workaround for this Smile.