Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
05-23-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2014 12:23 PM by Jokerz.)
RE: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
anyone have download link for the DLC ??
------ edit ------
already got the DLC
-----------------
btw,, I have same problem here

(08-18-2013 10:34 AM)Tabman Wrote:  Under windows (and maybe other builds) there is one tiny little, completely inconsequential glitch which annoys me nonetheless.

Some sprites, I think they count as textures, don't receive the correct texture scaling; xBRZ in this screenshot.

In this screenshot it's only the green creature to the left. (It's a boy by the way; dangerous nudity successfully avoided!)
The wrong scaling happens every time the affected sprites are displayed (as far as I can tell).

Otherwise, the game is completely playable, including sound/music/movies/DLCs, under PPSSPP win7 x64 0.8.1 - 1368.

how to fix this ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 02:43 AM
Disgaea 2 DLC
Can somebody tell me how to get the dlc?
I'm new, so I don't really know how everything works.
What are these codes for dlc, and how do I use them?
Do I have to save the code to PSP/GAME or PSP/SAVEDATA?
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to play Disgaea with PPSSPP.
- ^ - )
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-03-2015, 02:51 AM
i dont know if its a Shader effect error or Texture filtering error but i cant solve the problem of the special effects disappearing or being transparent.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-03-2015, 06:13 AM
@The_FunkyDealer make sure you don't use "Disable Alpha Test" hack, as having it on will give this in Disgaea and cause lots of similar glitches in other games.

As a rule, you should avoid using hacks unless you absolutely need them for something and when you do, you have to accept that whatever improvement they can bring by design they will cause other issues.

As you can see, game should work normally without hacks in latest versions:

so if you don't use this hack, you should try latest ppsspp version from buildbot and if it doesn't help, post more info about your device, alpha test should not be a problem on pc's and you seem to run on windows so it would be weird.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-02-2015, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 01:10 AM by Jayce.)
I'm seeing that there are lots of complaints due to errors. I'm using Iphone 4s, 8.1 (Jailbreak) with the latest version of PPSSPP and I haven't experienced any error with the game, I've finished the game even the extras / after endings stories and with just a random / self experimented settings. I have set frameskip to 3 and everything worked out, including the game speed and audio.

I suggest, download the updated versions of PPSSPP.
02-04-2015, 01:17 AM
can any1 help me with this problem?
i'm using meizu mx 4 and ppsspp v.1.0-22-gca512ea
all hacks are off

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-04-2015, 06:21 AM
(02-04-2015 01:17 AM)Creogen Wrote:  can any1 help me with this problem?
all hacks are off

disable alpha test and you should be fine though save often it may be more likely to crash.
02-04-2015, 02:19 PM
(02-04-2015 06:21 AM)nachosam Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 01:17 AM)Creogen Wrote:  can any1 help me with this problem?
all hacks are off

disable alpha test and you should be fine though save often it may be more likely to crash.

disable alpha test did not help
04-17-2015, 04:14 PM
(08-18-2013 10:34 AM)Tabman Wrote:  Under windows (and maybe other builds) there is one tiny little, completely inconsequential glitch which annoys me nonetheless.

Some sprites, I think they count as textures, don't receive the correct texture scaling; xBRZ in this screenshot.

In this screenshot it's only the green creature to the left. (It's a boy by the way; dangerous nudity successfully avoided!)
The wrong scaling happens every time the affected sprites are displayed (as far as I can tell).

Otherwise, the game is completely playable, including sound/music/movies/DLCs, under PPSSPP win7 x64 0.8.1 - 1368.
This is still unresolved. Texture scaling seems to work for few seconds on battle screens when affected character is attacking (or rather when camera is zooming on him).
04-28-2015, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 06:49 PM by QuizmasterBos.)
I have encountered two issues while playing both Disgaea games on ppsspp.

First of all, this happens quite irregularly, but when a combo goes on for long enough (I suspect about 8 or 9 in a row) the game would crash. Not that big of a problem, luckily.

The other happens more often though, but far more in the second game. During cutscenes with voice-acting, the voices would randomly cut out, with the rest of the sounds still playing. This happens in about every cutscene in the second game, but doesn't happen as often in the first game. It appears to happen during particularly long cutscenes (such as the first one) or when you've seen a cutscene, play a bit of the game and do another cutscene.

Strangely, it appears to fix itself (briefly) when I reset the emulator with ctrl+B.

I haven't heard anyone else about this, so I suspect it's an emulator issue, but I can't find anything that would cause this to happen. Does anyone have any idea?

My specifications and settings are:
Version ppsspp: v1.0 64-bit

As for the emulator settings, these images ought to tell it best.
Graphics

Audio and System

04-29-2015, 04:19 PM
I seem to have solved the second issue I had (see above post). Just getting the latest revision appears to have helped.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I should have tried a more recent version immediately.
04-30-2015, 02:49 AM
Is there an easy way to reproduce the long combo issue? Can you upload a save with things set up for it or anything? Or is it just random?

-[Unknown]
06-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Using Android Lollipop (Oneplus One)

Settings:
Non-Bufferred Rendering
Simulate block transfer
Frameskipping: 1
1x Rendering resolution
Mipmapping
Hardware Transform
Software skinning
Lazy texture caching
Retain changed textures
Disable Slower Effects
Nearest filtering
All hacks off
Fast memory
Multithreaded
Fast I/O
I/O on thread
CPU clock = 222

Game randomly freezes on average every hour or so, the screen would freeze up and the audio sounds like the game is running on 5x speed or something. I have to kill PPSSPP and restart the game. Anyone know why?

Also, why does this isometric game lag so much (drops to 55%-65% speed when browsing store or inventory, regularly 85%-95%) when my device can play Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3 (both heavily 3D games) on 95% speed with buffered rendering, all speedhacks off, 2x rendering, and Linear filtering?
06-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Might be a bug, but I recommend:

1. Turn off multithreaded. This might be crashing.
2. Turn off retain changed textures. This is probably causing worse speed.
3. Leave CPU clock at 0, not 222. If the game tries to change it, 222 could make it crash as you described.
4. I would be surprised if auto filtering / nearest filtering had any significant impact on speed. I would personally pick auto.

Some games are more optimized than others, some use less complicated tricks than others.

For example, there are small cars that are fast, but does that mean the smallest cars must be the fastest? If you had a tiny car, would you also ask how come this larger but extremely expensive car was able to beat you in a race?

-[Unknown]