Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Star Ocean: Second Evolution
That is odd. Just to make sure, have you tried a clean slate?

The easiest way to do this would be to download the latest builtbot build from here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

And extract it into its own directory. This will have brand new default settings (it won't affect your other install, don't worry), and no savedata or savestates (also won't affect your other install.) From there, load the game and see if you get stuck the same way.

If you still get stuck, it could be something wrong with the iso (this seems unlikely for this specific type of glitch, but you never know), or it could've broken in the emulator recently.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 04:12 AM by SirMcParty.)
Just wondering with my Note 4, what the best settings are for this game now? It's interesting how it will slow down ridiculously and have choppy sound in places like Klik's town square, and even the main menu unless I do a frame rate skip of 1. Wondering if it's still the Note/Galaxy software or if someone has gotten it to run smoothly?
03-27-2015, 03:10 AM
(09-22-2014 04:07 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Im having problems when the dialog box dissapears. The screen goes black and theres a visible spot where the dialog box was.

Is there any solution yet? I've been reading the previous posts but didnt find it!

This problem persists for star ocean first departure and second evolution

Was a fix for this issue ever found? even with default settings on v1.0.1 I still get constant black screens. Can be fixed by accessing the menu, hitting down 1 space and hitting confirm to select items, but it immediately comes back next time I talk to someone. This is more an annoyance than a problem but when it does it during cut scenes I can't clear it until the scene ends so I can only see anything when a new text box pops up.
03-27-2015, 05:37 AM
What video card do you have? Have you made sure your driver is up to date?

Probably this is some bug in some driver, it's going to be hard to resolve without reproducing it...

-[Unknown]
03-27-2015, 01:27 PM
(03-02-2015 04:11 AM)SirMcParty Wrote:  Just wondering with my Note 4, what the best settings are for this game now? It's interesting how it will slow down ridiculously and have choppy sound in places like Klik's town square, and even the main menu unless I do a frame rate skip of 1. Wondering if it's still the Note/Galaxy software or if someone has gotten it to run smoothly?

What settings are you running the game at? Render resolution?
03-28-2015, 03:44 AM
Stupid HP Laptop with their custom drivers haven't had an update for about 4 years so I downloaded the latest Intel generic vid card drivers for my laptop and installed them.

Game works almost perfectly now, there's still a weird afterimage flicker when a battle ends but it recovers now instead of dropping video. I have no problems with text boxes or black screens anymore.

Hopefully if anyone else runs into this problem this can help them.
05-15-2015, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 02:38 PM by naruto0411.)
My game crashes just before i fight the wild psynard.. Please help me
My phone is xperia z2 and rooted
06-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Can't Talk to People or Open Treasures
I am having issues with PPSSPP. I can load ISO's and play but when I talk to people or open treasures my screen goes to a small box. I have to press escape on my keyboard and continue from there to get it to normal. How can i get this to stop. If it helps, I am playing Star Ocean: Second Evolution.
06-25-2015, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 12:09 AM by D1ggity.)
Help me with this issue plez
Hi, I'm trying to play "Star Ocean Second Evolution" and everything is running decently smooth...aside from when I do certain things I get a frame drop. Audio is effected as well. I want to stream this game..but the lag is too much to handle. If anyone could give me a tip, that'd be great. BTW I'm running it on Windows. I have a decent computer, too.

I've noticed that allowing a single frame skip helps, but there's still a crackling sound. It sounds like static and is very annoying.
06-26-2015, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 01:06 PM by vnctdj.)
Merged.

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-01-2015, 09:45 PM
(06-25-2015 12:07 AM)D1ggity Wrote:  Hi, I'm trying to play "Star Ocean Second Evolution" and everything is running decently smooth...aside from when I do certain things I get a frame drop. Audio is effected as well. I want to stream this game..but the lag is too much to handle. If anyone could give me a tip, that'd be great. BTW I'm running it on Windows. I have a decent computer, too.

I've noticed that allowing a single frame skip helps, but there's still a crackling sound. It sounds like static and is very annoying.

Read the thread, there is no fix for that, PPSSPP can't handle the game fullspeed yet.
07-03-2015, 04:42 PM
(03-27-2015 01:27 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 04:11 AM)SirMcParty Wrote:  Just wondering with my Note 4, what the best settings are for this game now? It's interesting how it will slow down ridiculously and have choppy sound in places like Klik's town square, and even the main menu unless I do a frame rate skip of 1. Wondering if it's still the Note/Galaxy software or if someone has gotten it to run smoothly?

What settings are you running the game at? Render resolution?

This guys settings actually turned out to be the best for SO2 for my Note 4: forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/images-best-ppsspp-settings-note-4-t2932942

There is something with the Galaxy firmware that holds it down, but this is pretty good. Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL is another story, I gave up on trying to find best settings for that.
07-03-2015, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 07:43 PM by [Unknown].)
Keep in mind that Tactics has a slowdown in the actual PSP version of the game. There's a patch that works for both the PSP and PPSSPP floating around.

This game will probably only be hurt by having retain changed textures on. I suggest leaving it off. In general it's usually a bad thing for any mobile device, maybe might be okay for devices with 3GB or more shared RAM.

-[Unknown]
07-15-2015, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 09:58 AM by Brappold17.)
I have tried changing the frame skip to one and it runs a little smoother but when I open chest and talk to people the screen freezes u and I have to hit escape to get it back to normal. Any other ideas as to why this is happening

(09-22-2014 04:07 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Im having problems when the dialog box dissapears. The screen goes black and theres a visible spot where the dialog box was.

Is there any solution yet? I've been reading the previous posts but didnt find it!

This problem persists for star ocean first departure and second evolution

This is happening to me as well. Did you ever figure it out?
07-16-2015, 05:29 AM
Does it only happen with frameskip enabled?

-[Unknown]