Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Star Ocean: First Departure
04-23-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: Star Ocean: First Departure
(04-22-2018 05:05 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(04-21-2018 07:03 AM)RunicAce Wrote:  Okay, this isn't really a big issue, but if at all possible, I'd like to fix this.

That's likely caused by using > 1x PSP. Sometimes glitches like that are unavoidable. I explain this problem more here:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...5#pid96345

(04-22-2018 02:33 AM)Sleepwalkerx Wrote:  However when I open the ISO, I run it, start new game. Then it goes through the first video up to where Millie says "lets go on patrol" then it goes to a screen change but just freezes and stops working. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know of a fix for this?

Strange - it works for me. Make sure to try the latest git build, and try resetting your settings to defaults. This game does require stencil tricks which COULD be not working properly in your graphics driver, so try updating it.

What GPU do you use?

-[Unknown]

to SleepwalkerX: its always a rule of thumb to let ppsspp settings stay default, if your on pc, press escape in game and you'll be able to create game specific config settings.

to Unknown: I didn't even enable stencil tricks. it ran fine with mostly default settings, my changes were: Dx11, Simulate UMD delays, and disabling vertex cache
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2018, 12:06 AM
A bug was fixed in the GLES backend that caused characters to not be visible or only be partially visible - it would've looked a lot like the game locking up. The latest git build has a fix.

Since I'm here - an unrelated driver bug affecting the Vulkan backend on many popular mobile devices has also been worked around. This bug caused characters to show on top of all objects (rather than properly underneath certain things.)

The boxes are caused by bugs in the game which weren't visible at the PSP's render resolution (as described in the post I linked to.) It will probably happen on all backends. Sometimes using texture upscaling will dodge these issues.

As far as stencil tricks - what I mean is that the game uses graphical rendering techniques that are uncommon, and that modern games don't really ever use. This is the what we worked around the Vulkan driver bug to fix. There's no setting: PPSSPP automatically detects when the game uses this rendering technique and simulates it with a technique supported on modern GPUs.

It's just that simulating this is still something modern game developers rarely do, so modern GPU drivers (and by "modern" I mean released in the last 10 years, but possibly without latest driver updates) often have bugs with it.

-[Unknown]
08-11-2018, 09:24 PM
PPSSPP is crashing during the Pugitorium inner sanctum. I enter a door and the game just randomly crashes every time. I tried various settings and the crash persists. Is there anything I can do? The game has ran perfectly until this point

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PPSSPPWindows64.exe
Application Version: 1.6.3.0
Application Timestamp: 5b16d2a2
Fault Module Name: StackHash_56f5
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000013da93eb4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 56f5
Additional Information 2: 56f50057683cdbfd654c11c2adb3bbee
Additional Information 3: 11e5
Additional Information 4: 11e55f3ceaa742af752d4088e4931316
08-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Can you create a nearby save (ingame save, not save state) and upload it somewhere for other people to try?

Is your game EU, US, JP, something else?

-[Unknown]
09-13-2018, 07:45 PM
I am having the invisible character or character appearing on top of everything issue with all of the the (1.6.x) builds, but not with either the (1.5.4) or (1.3.0.1) builds. I am not sure what changed in the latest builds that created this issue, but I just wanted to point it out.

Code:
PPSSPP Video Settings: (PPSSPP Version 1.6.x)
-----------------------------
Backend: OpenGL
Mode: Buffered Rendering Enabled (Invisible char when enabled, on top of everything when disabled)
Simulate block effects: Enabled
Frameskipping: Off
Auto Frameskip: Disabled
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60 (speeds up GoW): Enabled
Alternative Speed: Unlimited
Rendering Resolution: 2x PSP
Display reslution (HWscaler): 3x psp
Hardware transform: Enabled
Software skinning: Enabled
Vertex cache: Enabled
Lazy texture caching (speedup): Disabled
Spline/Bezier curves quality: High
Hardware tessellation: Disabled
Upscale Level: Off
Upscale type: xBRZ
Deposterize: Disabled
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Texture filtering: Auto
Screen scaling filter: Linear
Timer hack: Disabled
Disable stencil test: Disabled
Low resolution for effects: Off

Code:
Phone Specs:
----------------------------
Device: Galaxy Note 4
Graphics Chipset: Adreno 420
Android Version: 6.0.1
04-14-2019, 04:19 PM
I play star ocean first departure on my ppsspp Android app. Use Redmi note 4. and it runs perfectly. But I stopped playing for a few months and now when I try to play it, it becomes shaky. The movement becomes shaky and stutters when I try to move diagonal, up or down, it doesn't do that if I move exactly horizontal. The sound also becomes stuttering and shaky. Its like when frame rate setting is not right. And so I tried changing frame rates and it always becomes worse with any of the frame rate settings. Please help me out, I love to play this game but with this problem I can't play it any more. Thanks a lot.
04-16-2019, 03:32 AM
The game uses a method of rendering that is hard to make fast on modern phones.

That said, it should be faster at lower resolutions, so I'd suggest reducing your render resolution and see if that helps.

-[Unknown]