Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Really weird fps issue?
01-04-2016, 01:31 AM
Really weird fps issue?
I've used this emulator on two prior pc's, both of which weren't particularly powerful, but could run most games at a consistent fps with some setting tweaks.

Now, however, I have a new pc with much more powerful hardware than both of my previous two pc's. The weird thing is, although it runs games with a consistent 30fps (according to the fps display), every few seconds there's a very slightly noticeable drop in framerate. It lasts for about a half a second to a full second, and the fps display shows 31 fps for a moment afterwards.

I've tried messing with various settings, and nothing seems to fix this. It doesn't have too much of an impact as far as actually playing goes, but it is incredibly obnoxious and happens every few seconds.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue or if there's some fix that I'm just not aware of? I'm using v1.1.1 of ppsspp right now, and I've seen this happen on Final Fantasy 1, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.

(P.S. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. I've never been good at the whole internet forum thing.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Really weird fps issue?
That sounds like microstutter from vsync. Turn off vsync and see if it goes away.
01-05-2016, 01:41 AM
RE: Really weird fps issue?
If that doesn't help (which it very possibly will), you may want to open the Task Manager, and see if there are any processes running is spiking CPU periodically, or check with GPU-Z on the GPU.

-[Unknown]