Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RANT: Disappointment with Apple
11-21-2015, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 08:43 AM by milkydude12.)
RANT: Disappointment with Apple
I am a proud owner of a Samsung S4 and a Iphone 6+ on ios 8.1.1 (Jailbroken). I was thinking of buying an apple watch, however after some research not only does the Apple Watch not work with ios 8.1.1 but it also does not work with anything NOT apple.

Some might ask, why don't you just update your iphone to the latest firmware? Well the reason for it is because if i update i would lose my jailbreak and as a direct result i would lose one of my more crucial application: F.lux (dims the iphone screen and makes it easier on the eyes in the dark).

I understand Apple not wanting the Apple watch to not work with anything non-apple, but they should at least have made it possible to pair the Apple Watch to Iphone/Ipod touch's with older firmware, what if the user who bought the apple watch had a old iphone 3gs? or perhaps only had a ipod touch 2gen (highest firmware being 4.2.1).

I love the apple watch, however it has far too many shortcomings, added with the fact that i can't use it with my beloved iphone 6+ (so sad) its a deal breaker for me

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2015, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 07:12 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
RE: RANT: Disappointment with Apple
Sorry to say that but Apple's policy of closed ecosystems, planned obsolence, discouragement for hobyists and independed developers and all things you complain about are a thing that goes on since the conception of Apple as a company. The wrong is not that Apple doesn't listen to what people want, is that people who already know that they will experience these kind of issues and they know how this company works, still go ahead and buy their products rewarding them and "telling" them that it's ok. No offence, but you got what you deserve.

I'll make a list one by one addressing your issues.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  Iphone 6+ on ios 8.1.1 (Jailbroken)

Apple gives no support for Jailbroken devices, they'd do anything infact to wipe from the planet jaibreaking methods.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  I was thinking of buying an apple watch, however after some research not only does the Apple Watch not work with ios 8.1.1 but it also does not work with anything NOT apple.

1. Apple never supports obsolete software, the moment a new version of software comes out the last one is obsolete.
2. Apple NEVER allows basic parts of their ecosystem to interact with competitors. They may be forced to do it one day, after a long time but the functionality won't be even near to what is on their products.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  Some might ask, why don't you just update your iphone to the latest firmware? Well the reason for it is because if i update i would lose my jailbreak and as a direct result i would lose one of my more crucial application: F.lux (dims the iphone screen and makes it easier on the eyes in the dark).

They are glad that you face a difficulty taking the jailbreak route, they would do (and they do) anything to ensure your issue stays unless you opt giving up jailbreaking.

(11-21-2015 08:39 AM)milkydude12 Wrote:  what if the user who bought the apple watch had a old iphone 3gs? or perhaps only had a ipod touch 2gen (highest firmware being 4.2.1).

As I said above they don't care for obsolete software versions BUT EVEN MORE for obsolete hardware/devices like the 3GS. They'd do anything so you'd be forced to buy the new and the latest they offer, for the crazy price they ask for.
11-22-2015, 10:47 PM
milky i know how it is when u want something that not only looks and works cool but also and most important in fact is cool for u

we here are all PSP users and imagine if im creater of PSP console and i tell u hey u can buy other consoles for 50$ but well F*** them here is my PSP console its urs for 200$ but it wont play any full games and u only can play homebrews on it u can do S*** about software on it and it wont work with 3rd party software or hardware

and i dont need to say that u would look stupid or i would look like scamer cause it all goes down to how u feel about it

but in the end tell me dont u see something is just not right in the story i present to u above?

and thats what i think of apple (but i seen on my own eyes that behind that price goes quality but that is other story)

anyway i still use cell phone with keypad in fact this is my actual cell phone
[Image: 16878128494bd6a20faa9f9.jpg]

there are few reasons why this 1 is not new smartphone
1st of all i can set mp3 to ringtone with no matter how long time of track
like in windows phone not only it need to be less than 45 sec it also need to have RINGTONE title in genre ID3 tags

2nd all options that i need are stored in so god dam suggestive way its hard to search for any option at all even changing theme or adding unique ringtone to contact would be easy even for a retard

3rd upload and download from and to my cell phone stuff without any software pc see it as another HDD

4th im free to mess with its OS or any software on it i even can replace hardware in it without a problem

5th it have build in file manager i can move any file to anywhere on my phone or sd in and out with just copy and paste option in my phone

6th files dont need to be in native folders
(mp3's dont need to be in MUSIC folder to be listed in audio player
or any pictuers dont need to be in PICTURES or WALLPAPER folder to be listed in album)

but in the end there is only 1 main reason i can think of
in fact i feel free with my phone its old it looks like i would buy it in stone age but im not limited by company that made it by any means

i can do whatever i want with it and i dont need to worry about someone did on purpose blocked some option in my phone which i would want so much

CUSTOMIZING that is the word i like the best when i think about any piece of hardware

it all comes for me about how much i can adjust some piece of electrical junk to my needs and except WI-FI this phone got everything i need - well im almost not using it Big Grin

but when i wanted or needed to change anything in it (i did battery front panel and speakers) i never had any restriction/barrier or lack of option to do so

and thats why i did buy it

and now i dont realy understand ur problem
u did choose ur phone and u still keeping it ur not replacing it and u still have problem?

i dont want to be mean but its like u buy a car from APPLE but steering wheel turns only left (and u dont have option to replace steering mechanism cause apple says so) u cant turn right drive straight or go reverse and ur like well it looks amazing it have awesome audio system in it and i just love i keep it i dont wanna change it for anything else
maybe i buy another 1 from apple hmm?

and u still complain and have problem?

REMEMBER I DONT WANT OR NEED TO OFFEND/INSULT YOU

but if i can describe ur post with a picture i just found 1 that says more than any words

[Image: 802.jpg]

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
11-23-2015, 03:16 AM
(11-22-2015 07:08 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  2. Apple NEVER allows basic parts of their ecosystem to interact with competitors.

Not disagreeing with your post overall, but I will defend Apple slightly on this one: they do sometimes work toward interoperability. Definitely not always, and even "sometimes" would be a stretch, but "never" is a bit too harsh.

Of course, when they do, it's always because there's a very good reason to - and not a customer reason, that I've seen, but a strong business reason. It's not really surprising, unfortunately.

-[Unknown]
11-23-2015, 02:17 PM
(11-23-2015 03:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(11-22-2015 07:08 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  2. Apple NEVER allows basic parts of their ecosystem to interact with competitors.

Not disagreeing with your post overall, but I will defend Apple slightly on this one: they do sometimes work toward interoperability. Definitely not always, and even "sometimes" would be a stretch, but "never" is a bit too harsh.

Of course, when they do, it's always because there's a very good reason to - and not a customer reason, that I've seen, but a strong business reason. It's not really surprising, unfortunately.

-[Unknown]

The only reason that they do it, as I said above, is because they are under pressure, there is not much harm for them and they still won't offer the same level of convinience and functionality compared to their products, never. Find me just one of their products/services that falls out of this rule.
11-24-2015, 03:47 PM
VIRGIN, those are valid points...im just butt hurt and ranting about how i wished i could use the apple watch with my iphone6+/samsung galaxy s4 Tongue

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
11-24-2015, 06:26 PM
(11-24-2015 03:47 PM)milkydude12 Wrote:  VIRGIN, those are valid points...im just butt hurt and ranting about how i wished i could use the apple watch with my iphone6+/samsung galaxy s4 Tongue

Yeah and that's why I stated that what I said wasn't in a personal level, like me vs you, I was talking to anybody that would be in your place. These complains, you hear them all the time and the get addressed in the same way all the time. It reached that point that it's degrading.
11-24-2015, 07:21 PM
(11-24-2015 06:26 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 03:47 PM)milkydude12 Wrote:  VIRGIN, those are valid points...im just butt hurt and ranting about how i wished i could use the apple watch with my iphone6+/samsung galaxy s4 Tongue

Yeah and that's why I stated that what I said wasn't in a personal level, like me vs you, I was talking to anybody that would be in your place. These complains, you hear them all the time and the get addressed in the same way all the time. It reached that point that it's degrading.

ahhh I c