Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Galaxy Note 4 - Snapdragon vs Exynos
11-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Galaxy Note 4 - Snapdragon vs Exynos
Hello everyone, im new here.
I couldnt really find information about which version of Galaxy Note 4 is better for games and for PPSSPP. People in many youtube videos and on internet sites are saying that exynos is better when it comes to performance and they show some benchmarks which proves that, BUT in these benchmarks:
futuremark - Ice Storm Unlimited
futuremark - Sling Shot using ES 3.0 and 3.1
Snapdragon outperforms exynos quite much, especially in Slingshot where snapdragon is 2 times better. That's why im confused and i have 2 questions:
1. Which version of Note 4 is better for native Android games ?
2. Which version of Note 4 is better for PPSSPP ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Galaxy Note 4 - Snapdragon vs Exynos
I have a Note 4 with Snapdragon 805. It games great but with Ppsspp I have noticed it all comes down to settings and different devices tend to need different tweaks. I was looking at specs tonight on Snapdragon 805 Vs Exynos and from what I found it's all same same in the end.
11-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Thx for answear, maybe we can compare fps in some demanding game with optimal settings on both versions. You have snapdragon one, so now we need someone with exynos version to compare with.
11-07-2015, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 08:34 PM by Tenchu.)
(11-07-2015 08:17 PM)kkamil4sz Wrote:  Thx for answear, maybe we can compare fps in some demanding game with optimal settings on both versions. You have snapdragon one, so now we need someone with exynos version to compare with.

I think this article should be of use to you. It claims that Snapdragon is better for gaming yet that is info based off of benchmarks. I am not sure how a test such as a performance benchmark translates into reality. anyway here it is. hope it helps Smile

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/qual...887-6.html
11-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks again. What about battery ? At first i read that snapdragon is better but then i saw some information that exynos is the one which lasts longer.
btw. Im really curious about benchmarks of both procesors after playing some graphically intensive game, so i could compare their scores after throttling, it would be like real life situation.
11-07-2015, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 09:25 PM by Tenchu.)
My battery does well while I am gaming plus I rooted my device and installed an app that better manages the battery life then the stock OS. With ppsspp I have noticed smooth game play and also terrible game play with bad sound but this can have alot to do with me not knowing how to ajust all of my games settings for best proformance yet.

I made my Note 4 into a cool gaming machine. Perfect for those long bus rides. I took a PS3 controller and synced it via Bluetooth to my phone. Made all of this with parts from selfie sticks hahaha

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Nice, im going to buy some android gamepad like G910 too Tongue
So is there anyone with exynos version who could share some information about it ?