Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone Emulation Question
11-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Phone Emulation Question
Hey I own a HTC One M9 Octa Core Phone which is NOT the original but a better version of the original. It is known as the replica or the clone of the original one. This is the china model which employs a octa core processor and a adreno 430 GPU. The cpu cores are 2.5Ghz each and the system ram is: 3GB.

It also has a 5.3 inch touch screen and great battery life.

The octa core cpu is the mt6795 cpu or the newest octa core cpu.

Do you think the basic version of PPSSPP has got the ability to run perfectly without lag on this phone or will it lag in the middle and glitch?

I would like to know the settings of the phone for which ppsspp will run best under. any one has phone with same specs or lower specs that can run the emulator at perfect rate? I have seen phones that have dual core cpu which are made for this type of stuff such as the playstation phones. They aren't even quad core. They only have 2gb of ram and very basic gpu lower than 430 adreno or mali t720.

Can you post the settings in the text field or reply and just tell me if it is okay to run ppsspp in this phone with speed hacks and high settings? Tell me if anyone has tried it and if it will even work on this phone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 09:52 AM
RE: Phone Emulation Question
Just like any other modern phone, a ton of games will run full speed but the very most demanding ones probably won't, but might be quite playable with frameskipping.
12-04-2015, 01:14 PM
What does frame skipping do?

I have the following GPU on my mobile:

Adreno 430.

I have the following CPU: MT6795 OCTA CORE 2.5GHz .

I also have 3GB of RAM in my phone and i also run the latest android version. So thats decent hardware. Now when i run games like ratchet and clank on the ppsspp emulator, i see glitches even with speed hack off and frame skipping on.
12-07-2015, 03:12 AM
Frame skipping does what it sounds like: to keep your FPS up to playable speed, the emulator will skip a set number of frames per second. The result is the game may become a little 'jittery' at higher numbers of frames skipped, but overall the game will run faster. Most emulators have the option to help in cases of lower end hardware.

There's a great guide on this forum about maximizing performance on mobile devices. I'd highly recommend giving that a read and trying some of the tips suggested there. I was able to get a smoother gameplay experience, even while improving the graphics quality, by following that thread