Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
external controllers with ppsspp for android
10-16-2015, 07:08 PM
external controllers with ppsspp for android
First off, this is possibly the best emulator I've ever used given how tight it is for how long it's been around, thanks to all the people working on it.

Second I have had an issue for awhile now when using ppsspp on android with an external controller. I have an asus tf701t(this happened with the 700 also) with an external dock with a usb port so I have been able to use both the wireless 360 controller(with dongle) and wired. I have also used the ps4 dualshock wireless and wired. Most games work fine, but when I play MGS: PeaceWalker whenever I use the controller it can only detect snake running when I'm doing forward backward, left and right, not any of the diagonals. I know from other threads I've seen it is likely due to the range of the external controller vs the psp expected range. I also see the touch screen control has no issues with movement so I get that it's to do with controllers. I'm just wondering if the issue is being worked on to support external controllers better? I verified the issue does not occur with the same controllers on PC. Is there something in the controller configuration mappings on android that can be adjusted? Is this an android issue or a ppsspp issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: external controllers with ppsspp for android
also found the same happens with Tomb Raider Anniversery. Is this an issue with how android deals with controllers or is it the android version of hte emulator?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply