Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7th Dragon 2020
04-03-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: 7th Dragon 2020
(04-03-2016 09:24 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, I for example don't have this game and have never played it. IMHO, replying to this topic gives you the best chance of your question reaching people who might actually have an answer.

(04-02-2016 07:38 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Only thing I recall which wasn't working properly that also other people mentioned here earlier is system data. It can be created and it does save option changes on ppsspp, however diva mode unlock never saves to it after being unlocked in-game.

Does anyone have any such saves? I won't be able to use them (for lack of the game), but perhaps someone can confirm if it's still an issue. If it is, should probably open an issue on GitHub.

Sounds like PSP saves work and load properly, though? It'd be interesting if a PPSSPP created save near the unlock point, when transferred to a PSP, allowed the unlock. That would make it seem like a bug in the unlock thing, not in saving. If that doesn't work either, though, it might indicate a saving bug.

As far as stuttering -
If PPSSPP *consistently* shows 30/30 or 60/60 the entire time, that should mean it's not dropping rendered frames. If it was behind (e.g. due to texture scaling), it would show e.g. 24/30 for a moment. If it was frameskipping, it would show e.g. 24/24. It's still not a bad idea to turn down these settings temporarily to verify.

Also, don't necessarily trust FRAPS for the FPS of PPSSPP. Whatever PPSSPP shows in its FPS counter is truth as far as rendered frames - there are scenarios where FRAPS will think PPSSPP is rendering more frames than it REALLY is.

Aside from LunaMoo's good suggestions, I would definitely try disabling background programs, other apps, any screen recorders or automatic defrag programs, and pause any active process / antivirus scans. See if it happens when you're ONLY running PPSSPP. The behavior you describe sounds like it's caused by something external.

Also disable any cheats or hacks you may be using, and update your video card drivers. NVIDIA has pushed out some updates lately.

If none of that helps, another thing to try is switching "Rendering mode" to "Skip buffer effects". What this does is disable buffered drawing (something many PSP games use a ton.) It will draw more directly to the screen, although some special effects won't work anymore. Some games rely on buffers to draw anything at all, but that probably won't be the case here... I hope.

-[Unknown]

Already tried those settings, still no dice.

I hardly have anything running in the background when playing, i do not even have a virus scanner running, lol (and no, i do not have viruses, i have hitmanpro to ensure me that my shit is clean Tongue)

Guess i have to live with it.
It is minor, but still present in pretty much all games i played, but i'l live.

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 02:24 AM
(04-03-2016 09:24 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  (...)
Does anyone have any such saves? I won't be able to use them (for lack of the game), but perhaps someone can confirm if it's still an issue. If it is, should probably open an issue on GitHub.

Sounds like PSP saves work and load properly, though? It'd be interesting if a PPSSPP created save near the unlock point, when transferred to a PSP, allowed the unlock. That would make it seem like a bug in the unlock thing, not in saving. If that doesn't work either, though, it might indicate a saving bug.
(...)

Unfortunately I don't, it's kind of stupid because the game informs you about unlocking something, without really explaining what it really is. There's also no option to ever change it in-game, so when you're just playing you might not even consider having an issue until it's too late and don't have any earlier saves.

And yeah more likely it's some random issue during the unlock, systemdata is very small 42 byte it doesn't store much variables so even encrypted as long as you keep same options it will be exact copy psp/ppsspp.

Hopefully if it's still an issue someone will read this thread before passing the unlock point(maybe you @warweenyTongue), I think it's quite far in game, either way not much of a spoiler if I say that Diva mode should be unlocked in the options menu when speaking to npc inside Diva room for the first time ~ better make a separate save before it, just to be safe.

(04-03-2016 09:33 PM)warweeny Wrote:  (...)
still no dice.
(...)
Not much of an idea, but maybe before giving up also try out different graphic backends, certainly not an "anti-stutter" option, but it can make a huge difference in any direction depending on your drivers, so I guess always worth trying. For Vulkan backend you'll need to get latest ppsspp version and keep looking for updates since it's W-I-P, it also requires "skip buffer effects" mode for now.
Either way good luck, really don't know what else could help with that ~ console master race, same hardware, less issues ~ heh.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-04-2016, 01:09 PM
(04-04-2016 02:24 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 09:24 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  (...)

(...)

Unfortunately I don't, it's kind of stupid because the game informs you about unlocking something, without really explaining what it really is. There's also no option to ever change it in-game, so when you're just playing you might not even consider having an issue until it's too late and don't have any earlier saves.

And yeah more likely it's some random issue during the unlock, systemdata is very small 42 byte it doesn't store much variables so even encrypted as long as you keep same options it will be exact copy psp/ppsspp.

Hopefully if it's still an issue someone will read this thread before passing the unlock point(maybe you @warweenyTongue), I think it's quite far in game, either way not much of a spoiler if I say that Diva mode should be unlocked in the options menu when speaking to npc inside Diva room for the first time ~ better make a separate save before it, just to be safe.

(04-03-2016 09:33 PM)warweeny Wrote:  (...)
still no dice.
(...)
Not much of an idea, but maybe before giving up also try out different graphic backends, certainly not an "anti-stutter" option, but it can make a huge difference in any direction depending on your drivers, so I guess always worth trying. For Vulkan backend you'll need to get latest ppsspp version and keep looking for updates since it's W-I-P, it also requires "skip buffer effects" mode for now.
Either way good luck, really don't know what else could help with that ~ console master race, same hardware, less issues ~ heh.

Also thought of dx(9) and the such to try, but still the same issue.
even went back to 1.0.1 to see if that worked, but alas.

Just wondering..am i the only one with this "issue"? (not an issue per-se, but it is present) I am not too bothered with it and i can see people not being bothered with it at all, it just strikes me as surprising that nobody has brought up the issue.

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
04-26-2016, 05:12 AM
The characters name during character creation does not show up, am I missing fonts or something? I am using the latest English patch. Any insight into this would be appreciated, thank you.
04-26-2016, 06:32 AM
@Shtimple77 make sure to use full width characters, that's the only input game recognizes.
Author of the fan translation not only wrote that in nearly every of his posts when releasing the patch, but also included information inside the game itself before creating character:

So really when you patch something at least read the translated text.Tongue

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
09-13-2016, 09:20 AM
1.2.2-371 D3D
Funny story really, playing the english patched version, the game plays very well except some very minor graphical glitches to do with alpha layers...got the final boss, beat the final boss, he explodes...and the emu crashes. That is - the emu always crashes after beating the final boss.
09-14-2016, 08:31 AM
@karry299 can't reproduce the problem, althrough when I tested it now I did notice some gold dragon god animations in tokyo tower(not exactly last, but maybe you speak about him as it wraps up the story) as well as smoke for explosions has some messed up textures when using english patch, they don't cause crash to me even in d3d backend which is the only non default setting you mentioned, so could be your settings or patch difference.

This might look like an alpha issue, but it's not, it's english patch corrupting some textures:
original japanese copy vs same copy with english patch applied

Issues are something to be expected with fan made english patches, especially ones made by as I understand a single person, at least your problems doesn't seem to have anything to do with emulation so you can still use original unpatched iso to finish the game or check if there are other versions of the translation patch, maybe it was already fixed.

09-14-2016, 11:51 PM
No, thank Zeus, i never had THAT uglyness in my game. My errors were more the likes of alpha failing on the trees in the base ( You enter the room - trees look good, only to get a square around every leaf 3 seconds later somehow) and some minor flickering on the planet in the background of the last dungeon. Never had any problems in battles at all.

I tried tweaking some other system options like fast memory and the like, tried OGL, but emu still crashed. I thought of switching back to japanese version, but it felt like too much bother, seeing how i just beat the last boss and everything.
11-02-2016, 06:05 AM
I must be doing something wrong, 'cause I can't even get to the tutorial battle; battle start animation happens, screen goes black and...nothing happens. Error happened on both 1.2.2 and 1.3, switching graphics mode and sound didn't change anything. I see people got it to work on earlier versions, did something in the newer versions to make it no longer work?
11-02-2016, 08:55 AM
The game for sure still works and worked without any changes from quite a while, at least original japanese copy. Also doesn't need any settings, default are always the best, if you used any experimental or otherwise dangerous/hackish settings even for a second, they could break your game and affect savestates, so if you messed with it, would recommend restoring default settings(option for that in system settings), then restarting emulation and reloading from in-game savedata or starting from 0 if your game crashed before you saved.

English patch does introduce some problems through, as on screenshot comparism above I experienced some corrupted textures, but it's possible the same moments would simply crash on different system as that's most likely what happened to karry299 above. In case you patched your game with it, I would recommend dumping fresh copy of original japanese umd or redownloading the game from PlayStation Store depending which copy you own and using it to play as it could be just another patch problem.

02-16-2017, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2017 08:03 PM by vnctdj.)
Excuse me, Lately I just download .iso file of this game that had been patched in english to play with ppsspp v. 1.3.
It work properly until I finish quest "Miku Rescue" and build "Diva Room" and changed music mode to "Diva Mode". It appeared that when I enter shop (both "Armory" and "Weapon" Shop) then buy item, equip item to character,and sell item, and once I can't back off from shop. It struck in page to select "Buy","Sell" or "Exit". So, I have no choice except load data from state that I had saved before go to shop, and this is first problem. Second problem is happended after the shop problem.When I about to go into map boss at Yotsuya Evernight, the program will crash and then shut itself up. I try to enter that map about five time or more, but even if I restart my laptop and open it again it still have the same problem so I think maybe this problem is happen in someway that I can't handle it by myself. If anyone have any suggestion please let me know.

Sincerely,
Rook.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
02-16-2017, 09:04 AM
You listed three things which could lead to problems:
- downloading pirated iso,
- using english patch(see problems mentioned earlier in this thread),
- possibly playing using just savestates.

All of those could lead to crashes which original game doesn't have.

The only one you can easily fix from those is the last one, just save the game normally in save point, restart emulation and reload from that normal save. Savestates simulate playing games without break for a very long time and many commercial games become unstable and buggy after like 8+ hours of non stop play, some even earlier that counts original hardware as well.
For the other two problems - buy the original game and avoid patching it(and also forget about savestates, they can't be used between patched/unpatched games).

02-17-2017, 02:30 PM
(02-16-2017 09:04 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You listed three things which could lead to problems:
- downloading pirated iso,
- using english patch(see problems mentioned earlier in this thread),
- possibly playing using just savestates.

All of those could lead to crashes which original game doesn't have.

The only one you can easily fix from those is the last one, just save the game normally in save point, restart emulation and reload from that normal save. Savestates simulate playing games without break for a very long time and many commercial games become unstable and buggy after like 8+ hours of non stop play, some even earlier that counts original hardware as well.
For the other two problems - buy the original game and avoid patching it(and also forget about savestates, they can't be used between patched/unpatched games).

Thank you for your advice sir, I'll try to do like what you said. Thank you very much Smile
03-13-2017, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 04:26 AM by greatchicken.)
Hey, does anyone else have ppsspp consistently force close after the victory screen from defeating ZeroBlue? Happens consistently for me. This occurs for both the pure and translation patched versions, and even if I did not load from a savestate. Started the game from the patched one tho...

Version used: v1.3-861-g701b974 Android.

If it helps I can supply a savestate from just before the crash...

Edit: can't upload anything from sites mobile browser interface.
03-17-2017, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2017 04:21 PM by Kabuto_Kun.)
@greatchicken
Yes that would help, upload that savestate and I'll take a look at it. Just tell me the exact PPSSPP version you used for it, your settings and how to make it crash. If you can use PSP1000 model with the savestate that would be the best. You can use mediafire or similar to upload it.

goo.gl/kNOhTz : 60FPS master list, Mar. 2017 ; Reddit /u/Kabuto_Kun
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=105128#pid105128 : Unlock FPS in PSP games ("easy method")
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=123500#pid123500 : Permanently patch a PSP game with CW cheats.