Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controllers for all with ppsspp
08-06-2015, 04:27 AM
Controllers for all with ppsspp
hello,
I am new to using PPSSPP. I've seen YouTube videos of people using controllers for all with ppsspp on iOS but controllers for all won't pop up on ppsspp for me. Can anyone help me with this? Controllers for all has worked fine for me on iOS games as well as snesEx +.

I have an iPad mini 3 . iOS 8.4 Jailbroken
Controllers for all 1.6.2
Ppsspp v. 1.0.1-805-g22e5431

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Controllers for all with ppsspp
Things to try:
- Use the dev working version of PPSSPP; the latest dev builds will not always work with everything. If the dev working version doesn't work, use the stable version of PPSSPP
- Completely charge your controller
- Reconnect the controller with your iDevice (on your computer)
- Reinstall BTstack and Controllers for All
- Make sure Controllers for All is enabled (inside the Settings app)
- For Controllers for All settings, set Suppress Notification to true, Connection Mode to Automatic, and make sure you have selected the correct controller
- Reboot your device

If it is still not working, try a PSP game that you know already works with a controller. They all should work with a controller, but check just in case.
08-09-2015, 03:45 AM
Actuall, the controller support is broken on all versions of ppsspp (stable / dev-working / dev-latest).
Controller support from "controllers for all" works on other emulators and games, so it must be a ppsspp related bug.
08-09-2015, 09:58 AM
(08-09-2015 03:45 AM)scorpio16v Wrote:  Actuall, the controller support is broken on all versions of ppsspp (stable / dev-working / dev-latest).
Controller support from "controllers for all" works on other emulators and games, so it must be a ppsspp related bug.

Idk, my ds3 is working fine on with ppsspp dev latest. A new update did just install but it appears to work fine for me.
08-09-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm on iPod Touch 6.Gen with iOS 8.4. I don't have a previous sixaxis working version installed before, so maybe something is missing on newer updates ?
Controllers for all is v 1.6.2.

Have you something configured in ppsspp to recognize the controller ?
08-09-2015, 03:54 PM
(08-09-2015 10:20 AM)scorpio16v Wrote:  I'm on iPod Touch 6.Gen with iOS 8.4. I don't have a previous sixaxis working version installed before, so maybe something is missing on newer updates ?
Controllers for all is v 1.6.2.

Have you something configured in ppsspp to recognize the controller ?

I did a manual pair in the settings app with cfa1.6.2, then opened ppsspp and it just works for me, did you change the ds3 or sixaxis Bluetooth address to that of your itouch?
08-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Yes, I paired both with sixpair. As I mentioned, controllers for all works in other games as MFI gamepad and it works foe example in iUAE (Amiga emulator).
On ppsspp cfa don't start in automatic mode and in manual mode, I can connect the controller (light is on), but the emulator can't recognize it.
08-09-2015, 08:39 PM
(08-09-2015 04:56 PM)scorpio16v Wrote:  Yes, I paired both with sixpair. As I mentioned, controllers for all works in other games as MFI gamepad and it works foe example in iUAE (Amiga emulator).
On ppsspp cfa don't start in automatic mode and in manual mode, I can connect the controller (light is on), but the emulator can't recognize it.

Try setting the controllers settings in the ppsspp app to their defaults, perhaps the control mapping got deleted? It works fine on my ipad mini 2 8.4 jailbreak.
08-15-2015, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2015 04:53 AM by scorpio16v.)
Someone who has solved the problem ?

Is there a way to log something to sort out the problem for a possible fix ?
Is there a config file that needs to change in (controllers for all/ btstack/ ppsspp) to recognize the iOS device ?

As an alternative, is it possible to connect a Nexus Gamepad to iOS ?
08-16-2015, 10:14 AM
(08-09-2015 04:56 PM)scorpio16v Wrote:  Yes, I paired both with sixpair. As I mentioned, controllers for all works in other games as MFI gamepad and it works foe example in iUAE (Amiga emulator).

How did you get CFA 1.6.2 to work on ios 8.4? I've installed CFA 1.6.2, BTstack, and all MFi game never promted me to push the PS button as before
08-16-2015, 10:39 AM
I simply installed it from cydia, open cf. and choose the formally paired ps3 controller and use the manual or automatic option.
If the message to press PS-Button comes up, I've to press it and after a few seconds the controller is connected.
Now simply open a MFI controller supported game or emulator.
Nothing special is needed, I followed simply the instruction in Cydia for CFA.
10-07-2015, 01:34 AM
Rainbow RE: Controllers for all with ppsspp
i have one solution hard:

1-save backup security copy.
2- install afc2
3-instal cydia impactor
4- open cydia impactor and erase data and jailbreak
5- after step 1 to 4 used taig tools for jailbreak
6- add repo ppsspp
7- intall controller for all 1.7,ppsspp
8-transfer backup copy itunes
9- sorry my bad english XD
10-enjoy
10-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately cydia impactor will not work with iPod Touch 6.Gen, because of missing OTA updates. - that's the info from cydia download page.
So, I must wait until a new jb for an actual firmware comes out. Sad

Just wondering that other apps work with controllers for all...