Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any way to get MOGA controller working with PPSSPP on Android?
03-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Any way to get MOGA controller working with PPSSPP on Android?
I've been using my MOGA controller along with the MOGA Universal Driver app to play with most of my Android emulators and I was wondering if there was a way to get it working with PPSSPP via button mapping. The MOGA controller's button layout is very similar to the PSP's button layout (except instead of a left DPAD there's a right analog stick) so I think that it would be perfect for PPSSPP. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 08:13 AM by Poo-Tang.)
RE: Any way to get MOGA controller working with PPSSPP on Android?
(03-14-2013 07:28 AM)AZImmortal Wrote:  I've been using my MOGA controller along with the MOGA Universal Driver app to play with most of my Android emulators and I was wondering if there was a way to get it working with PPSSPP via button mapping. The MOGA controller's button layout is very similar to the PSP's button layout (except instead of a left DPAD there's a right analog stick) so I think that it would be perfect for PPSSPP. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Analog on Android PPSSPP does not work yet but if you use the Universal Driver you can map Moga's Analog as D-Pad then change Button_A to D-PAD_center (To make it seam like an Xperia Play which is already supported). Button_B mite also have to be remapped to Back Key (Not sure on this but i know on an Xperia Play Circle is Button_B and Back key in one so you may have issues with this button)

Hope this helps Smile
03-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the help! I'm inexperienced as far as where this button remapping is supposed to take place though. I'm assuming that there's a file somewhere that I'll need to edit? I tried using the controller without remapping anything and left analog is already mapped to DPAD, and it looks like the MOGA Y button is mapped to the PSP O button, but that's it.
03-15-2013, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 10:17 AM by Poo-Tang.)
(03-14-2013 07:49 PM)AZImmortal Wrote:  Thanks for the help! I'm inexperienced as far as where this button remapping is supposed to take place though. I'm assuming that there's a file somewhere that I'll need to edit? I tried using the controller without remapping anything and left analog is already mapped to DPAD, and it looks like the MOGA Y button is mapped to the PSP O button, but that's it.

In the Universal Driver app make sure system mode is NOT! turned on and start the driver. Now change the button mappings in profile settings here >

Hope this helps Smile
03-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Ah, ok, I see now. You originally suggested remapping two buttons for non-system mode. Is that all I'll need? In system mode, the only button that did anything was the MOGA Y button (which acted like the PSP O button). Should I expect more buttons to work correctly in non-system mode? Or will I have to remap more buttons?
04-06-2013, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 05:01 AM by fn_noobee.)
OK. I got to reply to this to give you some help because it was kicking my butt trying to figure this out myself. Don't worry about remapping, just set up your settings like this:

System mode: check
Start MOGA Driver Service: check
Enable Bluetooth: check
Enable Left Analog Input: uncheck
Enable Right Analog Input: check

The key is to uncheck the left analog input. This allows the stick to be recognized as a D pad. If you want to check if it's working properly leave the touch screen controls checked in PPSSPP settings and load a game. Press the corresponding buttons and it should show as presses on the screen. This was tested on a developer build of v0.7 but it should work on the stable build of 0.7 that's available on Play store. Hope this helps!
04-23-2013, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the awesome reply, I've repped you for it. Smile Do the triggers work for you using this setup? They don't seem to work for me (or maybe they never worked for Lumines and I just don't remember?).
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 08:07 PM by roswell108.)
I found a way to get 100% working Moga controllers in all variations:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid63669