Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.06 Average
God Eater Burst
03-04-2016, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 05:24 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: God Eater Burst
(03-04-2016 03:49 PM)goast115 Wrote:  I just got PPSSPP and a few games on my Tablet, and the majority work perfectly well (fate/unlimited codes, Fate/extra, dynasty warriors strikeforce) as far as i can tell. But with Gods Eater im having issues. When i boot up Gods eater it just gives me white screens for the logos but the intro movie loads fine, but when i reach the main menu i either get a white screen or a black screen with white bars where the options are supposed to be (ive added a screenshot of the latter). I have messed with all the settings that i could think would have an effect but nothing seems to work.

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 09:07 PM
(03-04-2016 03:49 PM)goast115 Wrote:  I just got PPSSPP and a few games on my Tablet, and the majority work perfectly well (fate/unlimited codes, Fate/extra, dynasty warriors strikeforce) as far as i can tell. But with Gods Eater im having issues. When i boot up Gods eater it just gives me white screens for the logos but the intro movie loads fine, but when i reach the main menu i either get a white screen or a black screen with white bars where the options are supposed to be (ive added a screenshot of the latter). I have messed with all the settings that i could think would have an effect but nothing seems to work.

Reset PPSSPP's settings and see if the problem still there

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
03-04-2016, 09:32 PM
(03-04-2016 09:07 PM)Accel Wrote:  

Reset PPSSPP's settings and see if the problem still there

I tried that already and it still wont work, ive even tried reinstalling ppsspp entirely from the tablet. Still does not fix. I have no idea what to do to fix it at this point
03-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Having the same problem as goast115. Black screen. Intro video plays but everything before and after is just black with audio.

Not sure but it might be a Marshmallow issue? I requested some people with Lollipop and older Android versions test and they're not having the problem.
03-28-2016, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 08:37 PM by jimkage.)
    Does someone know how to play DLC missions on the japanese version ? I can't access most of the DLC missions they send me right back to the main menu when I try to start the mission.
You see back in the day I used to play I had to update the game with iso tool is there any way to update the game through iso tool via the ppssp emulator ? I tried but the emulator crashed. e.e
03-31-2016, 08:38 AM
(03-28-2016 08:31 PM)jimkage Wrote:  Does someone know how to play DLC missions on the japanese version ? I can't access most of the DLC missions they send me right back to the main menu when I try to start the mission.
You see back in the day I used to play I had to update the game with iso tool is there any way to update the game through iso tool via the ppssp emulator ? I tried but the emulator crashed. e.e

Yeah same problem.
04-13-2016, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2016 10:44 PM by BloodZero.)
Sad Gods Eater Burst
Newest v1.2.2 64bit version on my gaming pc wont load my old save file from earlier this year. I made a newer save file in January and I was able to play that one just fine but I cant play the older one. Is it the FPU Rounding BS again? 'Cause that option has CLEARLY been removed from the menu.
04-13-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: Gods Eater Burst
We already have a thread for this game here and rules on this forum for one thread per game which maybe you should read before posting next time.

It wasn't "BS option", but an option to switch temporarily for loading "broken" GE saves made on very ancient PPSSPP versions. After loading you should have switch it back ON and save the game to fix it as it was explained multiply times when the option still existed.

If you didn't do that and just disabled it, you'll have to redownload older version and use it to fix your broken saves. That option existed only to allow such conversion for users that already had broken saves and will surely not be restored as we have no reason to allow new users to intentionally break their games by switching it off by accident or confusion.

As far as I can tell there are no problems in 1.2.2 with loading proper GE saves in any GE series game I have.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-14-2016, 03:43 AM
Smile RE: Gods Eater Burst
Much appreciated! Didn't know the "why" behind it all. Good to know. Thanks a ton. And, yeah, I'll dig deeper next time I decide to bluntly make another post haha Not much of a forums person. Thanks, again, anyway!
04-14-2016, 06:29 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-15-2016, 07:11 PM
Hi guys, so after updating to 1.2.2 i'm having a freezing issue with this game on the mission loading screen but strangely it only affects certain missions, for example the first mission works just fine but "Fallen Angel Egg" will freeze PPSSPP without fail.

P.S. The game works flawlessly on my PSP, transferring the save to my PSP is the only way I can get pass the missions that freeze.
04-15-2016, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2016 07:18 PM by BloodZero.)
It may sound stupid, 'cause it's happened to me, as well, but try to just go to the Emulation tab and hit Run if/when it freezes. You should be good after that.
Then, you just continue doing that if it freezes. Finish your mission, save, and things should go back to normal.
04-15-2016, 09:53 PM
(04-15-2016 07:15 PM)BloodZero Wrote:  It may sound stupid, 'cause it's happened to me, as well, but try to just go to the Emulation tab and hit Run if/when it freezes. You should be good after that.
Then, you just continue doing that if it freezes. Finish your mission, save, and things should go back to normal.

The thing is when DEB freezes PPSSPP stops responding and then crashes, the onlys choice I have is to mess around with the setting in hopes that it stops.
04-16-2016, 05:54 AM
Have you tried using a different or older build to play it? Remember that new builds are sometimes buggy or unstable. Try an older version and see what happens. Also try posting a log of the crash. Maybe someone will let you know in detail what the problem is.
04-17-2016, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2016 02:10 AM by Trokinos.)
I have played a lot with the v1.1.1-870-g194e9ed build and abusing a lot the save states to see if the "crashing regularly" problem i had with it was fixed, and with this build (that i'm still using) i have not crashed once.

I suggest for you to give this build a try and see if the mission you're having crash with 1.2 is working OK in that older build (that to me is rock solid with GEB on my system).

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

I'm playing GEB on D3D9 and with "Skip Buffer Effects" too (so i don't have to hurt my eyes with GEB silly bloom) in case it has an importance between crashing and not crashing.
I gave a test to the mission "Fallen Angel Egg" and didn't crashed.