Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 4.33 Average
Final Fantasy Type-0
06-12-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Type-0
Mateus was the name (confirmed it a few minutes ago).

Thanks for having me in your game Mateus! If youre part of this forum, please say hi~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi guys, what kind of post-processing do you use while playing the game? or what are default settings for the original PSP experience? off? or something else?
06-12-2014, 10:07 PM
I use natural colors because it just makes everything look better to me.
06-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Custom PP is what i recommend to you guys. Nat Color + AA is the best ive seen so far. Doesnt darken the game too much like standart NatColor. Looks really smooth.
06-13-2014, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 05:43 AM by Blacky.)
Thanks, one more question, do you have Frameskipping set on AUTO or OFF? The gameplay run smoothly when I set it on off, but CGI videos runs terribly, especially sound crackles, just awfull...when I set it on AUTO, both CGI and gameplay run smoothly Smile
06-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Hello guys what option should i enable or disable to make shadow show properly

cuz it shows like this.

hxxp://puu.sh/9rxdn/4ac564ef71.png

^
(replace xx to tt)
06-13-2014, 10:36 AM
what I have to do to play
it keeps happening
(06-09-2014 02:37 AM)Doc4000 Wrote:  Can someone help with an issue I'm having? I'm playing this on my laptop with a GTX 670 card and for some reason I can't complete the first mission because the game freezes after I defeat some soldiers during a cut scene. I'm on Win 7 using a freshly patched ISO. Thanks.

i have no idea what i'm doing
06-13-2014, 01:35 PM
in the current state of the emulator I think its impossible to get this space ship because when i try to go to the ship im transported above the ocean

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-13-2014, 01:36 PM
First off, I'm like twenty hours into this game. I've been playing it non stop for days. And suddenly my emulator crashes every time I walk into one of the zones. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated. This is pretty much the only game I've emulated on PSP, and I just started a few days ago. I was getting a lot of slowdown at points where text would come up, but that's all but gone away(with the exclusion of entering the arena, where it slows down until the "Arena" tag at the top disappears). First post on here. Any ideas on good performance/stability settings?
06-13-2014, 02:34 PM
(06-13-2014 01:35 PM)denslife16 Wrote:  in the current state of the emulator I think its impossible to get this space ship because when i try to go to the ship im transported above the ocean

I assume that's on an Android device? Try to copy your savegame to a PC and play that part there. We have some ARM JIT bug that seems to be causing strange map problems.
06-13-2014, 03:37 PM
(06-13-2014 03:00 PM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  If Sky's reading this,Thanks for the translation patch, just finished the game in my laptop,(dang! I really hated reading through all that kanji gibberish till I got your translation patch) the game may lag sometimes in my machine but I still enjoyed playing through it! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! (million thanks!)

I only used the official 0.9.8 windows version release playing this game though.

Spoiler Screenshot (view at your own risk!)

Thanks again, oh and to the PPSSPP team as well, really appreciate it! Keep up the good work improving this piece of software.

what you did to work

I have the same version of the game and the emulator but does not work here

i have no idea what i'm doing
06-13-2014, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 03:43 PM by denslife16.)
@Henrik
it seems the map bug is only present in the latest build, i temporary used an old build v0.9.7.2 and when i test it theres no teleport bug on the world map that send me somewhere on the ocean or top of a mountain...
now i got my airship Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-13-2014, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 04:37 PM by Darkus.)
Any recommendation for performance settings to play this on a Galaxy S4?

It's playable, but irritating. I average around 60-80% speed in combat, but 90-100% elsewhere.
I've been playing with settings for 2 hours now, and can't seem to find a better configuration.

Edit:
Best settings configuration i've got so far;
Non-buffered Rendering
Simulate Block Transfer
Frameskip 1
Frameskip Auto
Mipmapping
Hardware Transform
Software Skinning
Vertex Cache
Lazy texture caching
Low Spline/Bezier curves
Texture Scaling/filtering all Off/xBRZ upscale type/Linear filter
Fast Memory
I/O on thread
PSP2000-3000

Edit 2:
Playing around in the airship near the beginning (where you activate the crystal to blow the door open, or something like that.)
Activating it causes a drop to roughly 20%, if I have non-buffered rendering on, it just shows this red ball of light on the screen. If I turn buffered rendering on, it shows the door blowing open, fire and all.
I guess I should let go of any hope to play this comfortably on my phone, and will just have to use my old psp instead.
Been awhile since I took that thing with me anywhere.
06-13-2014, 04:37 PM
(06-13-2014 03:00 PM)Buko Pandan Wrote:  If Sky's reading this,Thanks for the translation patch, just finished the game in my laptop,(dang! I really hated reading through all that kanji gibberish till I got your translation patch) the game may lag sometimes in my machine but I still enjoyed playing through it! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! (million thanks!)

I only used the official 0.9.8 windows version release playing this game though.

Spoiler Screenshot (view at your own risk!)

Thanks again, oh and to the PPSSPP team as well, really appreciate it! Keep up the good work improving this piece of software.

Could you not post those pictures. Anyone can see them without even trying to look at them.
06-13-2014, 04:49 PM
This game does not play nicely with multithreaded enabled; it crashes PPSSPP every few minutes. This is the first time I've had this issue with any game thus far.