Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 4.33 Average
Final Fantasy Type-0
06-09-2014, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 01:04 AM by brujo55.)
RE: Final Fantasy Type-0
(06-09-2014 12:11 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Because you only need one ISO to play the entire game, or that's the impression I got from reading the website.

the patch make the game run slow on mobiles,and crashes alot.

but run perfect in my gtx600

(04-18-2014 05:52 PM)Miraclaime Wrote:  please help me, at the begining of th game my ppsspp forced close after some huge plane or something show up and start sucking people
im using ppsspp 0.9.7 on my android

right after this pic

have the same problem on iphone 5S/galaxy s4.

on windows run perfect

try to report here https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues?state=open
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Can someone help with an issue I'm having? I'm playing this on my laptop with a GTX 670 card and for some reason I can't complete the first mission because the game freezes after I defeat some soldiers during a cut scene. I'm on Win 7 using a freshly patched ISO. Thanks.
06-09-2014, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 04:59 AM by GilgameshGG.)
As many other people, I've just got the english trans'ated patch by SkyBladeCloud and it's been awesome so far.

I just recently made the switch from JPCSP to PPSSPP, and I love the interface and the quality of the emulation.

I'm looking for the appropriate settings to make this game run flawlessly at a nice graphical upscale. So far, the basic settings + a texture and res upscale have been working great, but I got a few stutters here and there, and I was interested in upscaling much higher, since that's a possibility.

Does anybody have really crisp visuals and a settings lay-out they can give to the newcomers for this game in particular?

Thank you in advance, I'm sure the entire thread will appreciate this, since the emulation and the UMD have evolved in strides since the original post (2011).

(EDIT: Wow. I just upped scaling at 10x and 5x, Anisotropic filtering 16x, and the game runs perfectly at 30FPS. Not sure what those previous stutters were about, but they were at the beginning of 2 cutscenes in the first mission of the game. So far, Default settings are working great!)

If anybody is having issues with flickering and artifacts, make sure HyperThreading is off in the options.

Alright, well the stutter moments are back.

Situation: I'm playing normally, at 30fps and max settings, and everything is perfectly smooth.

Problem: When a big door opens, or a scripted enemy ambush occurs, the game slows down to 5% speed. It skips like that until this 4-5 seconds event occurs, and then it speeds back up to full speed.

What exactly is causing the problem? It's in no way game-breaking, but every 5 minutes, this huge-ass slowdown occurs. I'd like to get rid of it if possible..
06-09-2014, 06:18 AM
The problem is, whenever it sees a brand new texture, it has to upscale it. Upscaling takes time and therefore causes the stutter. This can also occur if the game infrequently changes textures.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2014, 08:04 AM
The translation Patch of Sky is pretty smooth so far but the cut scenes in the game show only black, which forces me to skip it altogether whereas the original version (unPatched) is playing the cut scenes perfectly fine. Anyone here got the cutscenes working on their ppsspp?

By the way, I'm using the latest patch available on the Play Store on my Galaxy S3.
06-09-2014, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 08:23 AM by snap85.)
(06-09-2014 08:04 AM)vendettared Wrote:  The translation Patch of Sky is pretty smooth so far but the cut scenes in the game show only black, which forces me to skip it altogether whereas the original version (unPatched) is playing the cut scenes perfectly fine. Anyone here got the cutscenes working on their ppsspp?

By the way, I'm using the latest patch available on the Play Store on my Galaxy S3.

The cut scenes work fine on my Galaxy S4, but as soon as I take control the game starts lagging really hard. I barely get 20 FPS no matter what I do. Also having the most recent version of PPSSPP.

Does anybody have settings that could work for me? Sadly Multithreading is grayed out. I bet I would get some performance out of that. :/
06-09-2014, 08:40 AM
if you want to check or uncheck multithreaded just go to main menu of the ppsspp and go to system, dont edit it in game
06-09-2014, 08:45 AM
(06-09-2014 08:40 AM)denslife16 Wrote:  if you want to check or uncheck multithreaded just go to main menu of the ppsspp and go to system, dont edit it in game

Ahh thanks. Didn't help at all though. I'll play around with the settings some more. Maybe I'll get lucky.
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
(06-09-2014 08:23 AM)snap85 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:04 AM)vendettared Wrote:  The translation Patch of Sky is pretty smooth so far but the cut scenes in the game show only black, which forces me to skip it altogether whereas the original version (unPatched) is playing the cut scenes perfectly fine. Anyone here got the cutscenes working on their ppsspp?

The cut scenes work fine on my Galaxy S4, but as soon as I take control the game starts lagging really hard. I barely get 20 FPS no matter what I do. Also having the most recent version of PPSSPP.

Does anybody have settings that could work for me? Sadly Multithreading is grayed out. I bet I would get some performance out of that. :/

wow really? were you using the patched ISO for the translation (should be a 2.8gb ISO)?? I was under the impression that this cut scene black error has something to do with the ppsspp emulation's difficulty in supporting large ISO's.

Mine is pretty fast though, it was initially slow but I managed to optimize its performance. try my options:
(Under Graphics)
Non-Buffered Rendering
Check disable alpha test
Check mipmapping
Check Hardware transform
Check software skinning
Check vertex cache
(under system)
Check Fast memory
Check I/O on thread
Psp Model (Psp-2000/3000)
06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
(06-09-2014 11:17 AM)vendettared Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:23 AM)snap85 Wrote:  

wow really? were you using the patched ISO for the translation (should be a 2.8gb ISO)?? I was under the impression that this cut scene black error has something to do with the ppsspp emulation's difficulty in supporting large ISO's.

Mine is pretty fast though, it was initially slow but I managed to optimize its performance. try my options:
(Under Graphics)
Non-Buffered Rendering
Check disable alpha test
Check mipmapping
Check Hardware transform
Check software skinning
Check vertex cache
(under system)
Check Fast memory
Check I/O on thread
Psp Model (Psp-2000/3000)

Yes, I'm using the patched file. I have no issues with the intro videos at all.

I tried your settings, but it's not showing any results. I think I'll either have to wait for update(s) or try out earlier builds which might not even help. :/

Sad stuff...
06-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Disabling the game's ability to use buffers during rendering may cause videos not to show up. Try turning it to "buffered rendering" and enable "simulate block transfer" if you turned it off.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2014, 02:46 PM
the game crash ingame when use non bufered rendering in my iphone 5S
06-09-2014, 03:24 PM
So Sky's update came out and this is now 100% translated !!!!

In testing the game on Android I could make everything run 100% on my S4 octa core with hardly any gfx issues in game....

There is one issue I noticed when starting a new game the fist cut scene is just black...I can skip it or wait for it and the game starts (note not the start menu cutscenes but the actual new game cut scene)

Anyone else have this issue ? Tried with both buffered and non buffered rendering .
06-09-2014, 07:26 PM
(06-09-2014 02:37 AM)Doc4000 Wrote:  Can someone help with an issue I'm having? I'm playing this on my laptop with a GTX 670 card and for some reason I can't complete the first mission because the game freezes after I defeat some soldiers during a cut scene. I'm on Win 7 using a freshly patched ISO. Thanks.

same here Sad

i have no idea what i'm doing
06-09-2014, 09:12 PM
(06-09-2014 02:02 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Disabling the game's ability to use buffers during rendering may cause videos not to show up. Try turning it to "buffered rendering" and enable "simulate block transfer" if you turned it off.

-[Unknown]

I tried these options and cut scenes during the game still show nothing but a black screen. Does it have something to do with the size of the ISO (the Patched file totals to 2.8gb)? Because before the ISO (either UMD1 or UMD2) was patched, its only 1.7gb and it works fine.