Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are your plans for v0.8 ^ ^
03-11-2013, 09:37 PM
What are your plans for v0.8 ^ ^
first of all congratulations for this amazing emulator Henrik

I walk with the question that if you plan to work with the ATRAC3+ or mediaengine for 0.8???

thanks
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: What are your plans for v0.8 ^ ^
compatibilty most probs.. also more speed.
03-11-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:03 PM by Henrik.)
It would be cool to get mediaengine working for the x264 video, even if we can't get Atrac3+ yet...

EDIT: I mean h.264.
03-11-2013, 10:51 PM
(03-11-2013 10:41 PM)Henrik Wrote:  It would be cool to get mediaengine working for the x264 video, even if we can't get Atrac3+ yet...

H.264 you mean, x264 is just one of the many encoders for H.264 video codec.
03-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Yes, of course, thanks Smile
03-11-2013, 11:25 PM
hey,herik when u fix the sound emulation???I'm play obscure aftermath but its not scary cuz..we don't hear the sound effect
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
well... maybe when the at3+ decoder will be available? lolololol

There is no fix for it... we need to wait for someone who will bring the decoder or wait for another year because it will take about that much of time for someone to make it....

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 03:40 AM
I will be the one to decode it. lol im jk i know nothing of the sort
03-12-2013, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 09:54 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
Please please please, allow memory editing. Without it I can't use cheats/mods in games (which some of them help getting rid of visual bugs). Normaly, I wouldn't ask something like this since I can use Cheat Engine but the program doesn't understand the way stuff are getting stored in it's virtual memory hence I can't edit nothing.

Also PPSSPP seems to have issues with savestates, one thing that I thought was, what about trying o emulate/mimic what PSP does when you put it to sleep mode? Wouldn't that work better?

EDIT: I keep forgetting mentioning it like a week now but this: http://ppsspp.org/development.html needs to be revised, some stuff are already done and some other need to be added, possibly some stuff that current devs have difficulty working on.
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
(03-12-2013 07:24 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Please please please, allow memory editing. Without it I can't use cheats/mods in games (which some of them help getting rid of visual bugs). Normaly, I wouldn't ask something like this since I can use Cheat Engine but the program doesn't understand the way stuff are getting stored in it's virtual memory hence I can't edit nothing.

Also PPSSPP seems to have issues with savestates, one thing that I thought was, what about trying o emulate/mimic what PSP does when you put it to sleep mode? Wouldn't that work better?

EDIT: I keep forgetting mentioning it like a week now but this: http://ppsspp.org/development.html needs to be revised, some stuff are already done and some other need to be added, possibly some stuff that current devs have difficulty working on.
?I dont likecheaters, but this would be helpful for translators.
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't forget about changing Controls, I want to play GTA: Vice City Stories on joypad! Smile
03-12-2013, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 09:10 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
The graphics will be improved and the position of the camera in some games in version 0.8. I'm having problems with a game to use the analog to move the character, the camera goes out of scenario.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
(03-12-2013 12:32 PM)CyberMan Wrote:  ?I dont likecheaters, but this would be helpful for translators.
Prejudice and a personal preference/opinion is not a candidate reason for something not getting implemented. It has been over-discussed on the internet that memory editing is not equal to cheating. Without it alot of intresting stuff wouldn't have happened, like translations, intresting mods, finding unused content plus alot of emulators rely on memory editing to work around dozens of bugs.
Whether call it cheating or memory editing, that feature is in the list of number one standars for an emulator, it's one of those factors behind emulation philosophy.
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 09:32 PM by Henrik.)
I don't mind people modifying their memory to mess with their games, especially if they do productive stuff like fun cheats or translations (although boosting stats or otherwise cheating in multiplayer is just lame).

So yeah, it just hasn't been implemented yet because I've had a zillion other things to do.
03-12-2013, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 10:15 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I have to admit that I use memory editing mostly to dig out unused/beta content out of games and force games to do weird stuff.
Another thing I've been doing on PCSX2 for example is on games with visual bugs you can get rid of those visual bugs by nullifying the value that is responsible for the size of the object that gets affected by the bug.
Another revolutionary thing that memory editing did on PCSX2 was widescreen hacks. Because of PS2's architecture restriction, the usual Dolphin/NullDC type of widescreen hacks was impossible to get implemented. Here's were memory editing did it's ground breaking miracle!
Oh did I mention that there are cheats that modify a game's speed which would result on weak devices like Androids fullspeed gameplay at the cost of some FPS but it would be super accurate result compared to Frameskipping? Yeah that too. Also simmilar hacks resulted to 60fps on games with 30fps cap without touching game speed.

BTW, just wanted to ask if it's possible (not that it's going to get implemented soon or something) but would we be able to replace textures simmilarly to Dolphin and N64 emulators or the combination of PSP's architecture and OGL API would restrict such thing?
Thread Closed