01-14-2015, 12:59 AM
Fighting Fantasy: The Talisman of Death
Title: Fighting Fantasy: The Talisman of Death
Genre: Adventure / Point and Click / Choose Your Own Adventure
Region: US
Format: ISO
Version: v0.9.8
Compatibility: Technically 'playable'
Notes: When opening the game, there are giant black rectangles in place of what I can only assume are options menus. I can press the arrow keys and try to proceed, but the menu after that is an even bigger giant black square.

What setting do I need to enable / disable to get the graphics to show up properly? Thanks for your time. Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Fighting Fantasy: The Talisman of Death
First off, try the latest git build from the download page. It may work much better. v0.9.8 is very old.

-[Unknown]
01-14-2015, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

I downloaded and unpacked ppsspp-master.zip, but I'm a little lost. I don't see where to go to launch the program? There's so many folders.
01-14-2015, 03:41 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what you got. Assuming you're on 64-bit Windows (you probably are unless you're on XP), this is the latest git build:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index....dows-amd64

It won't be "ppsspp-master.zip". It will just have one folder in it, ppsspp. Extract that somewhere, like your desktop.

Inside that folder (now extracted), open PPSSPPWindows64. That's it.

If you want your saves from your previous version, you'll need to copy the saves into this directory.

-[Unknown]
01-14-2015, 04:41 AM
I downloaded that and got a MSVCP120.dll error, the same error I got when I tried using the download here ppsspp.org/downloads.html instead of the Installer. The Installer version runs fine, but the download version insists I don't have MSVCP120.dll.

I did go to the site it reccomended and tried to run the .dll it presents, but that also gave me an error about not being a valid something or another. That's why I resorted to the Installer version. Sad

I tried googling out what this might have been, but there's been a lot of PPSSPP users with the same MSVCP120 issue and I can't see any that got a solution.
01-14-2015, 04:57 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

Click the big red Download button, and then select both x86 and x64. Once they've downloaded, run both of them. This will install the necessary runtimes (for the link I gave you only need x64, but other software can require these, so might as well just install it.)

That's the solution.

-[Unknown]
01-14-2015, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 05:12 AM by FightingFantasy.)
Ah, yeah, that's the one I tried downloading before that made me give up and use the Installer.

The error prompted when running it is:

vcredist_arm.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I'm not sure why it won't simply run. Sad Also, I'm really if this is becoming a hassle.
01-14-2015, 05:48 AM
Only do the x86 and x64 ones. Do not do the arm one. That is for Windows RT devices (like tablets) that run on ARM processors (which PPSSPP doesn't really support anyway.)

-[Unknown]
01-14-2015, 06:10 AM
Oh, strange. The first few times I used that link, clicking Download only prompted the ARM file to download. This time it gave me three options, how bizarre. All works now, thanks! Big Grin