Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
08-08-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: Two MHP3rd on one PC
(08-08-2015 10:30 PM)Relic1882 Wrote:  Is it possible to play two instances of Monster Hunter 3rd on one PC? I tried using the built in adhoc in version 1.01 and also the separate adHoc Pro server but my 2nd instance of the game keeps getting a connection error when trying to enter the online gathering hall. I did also go into the .ini file for the 2nd instance and change the nickname to PPSSPP2 so it didn't match the first instance. Is there anything else I can do?

Ok, so I have it set up where both players from both instances of PPSSPP can join a gathering hall and sign up for a quest together using the adhoc pro server(not the built in one), but once we depart on the quest, the 2nd player always gets stuck at Beginning Quest, then the two drop from each other's games and it goes solo for each instance.

Is there something else I could try?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 03:07 AM
you need this build http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=14313
08-09-2015, 10:53 AM
I tried that build. Still can't get it to go. Both players can get into the game but when the hunt begins one of them always drops from the server.
08-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Try to disable fast memory mode in ppsspp
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Still no go with Fast Memory disabled on both. Bind IPs are 127.0.0.2 and 127.0.0.3 respectively. AdHoc IPs are both 127.0.0.1. I'm using the Pro Adhoc server NOT built in. Also tried with the built in adhoc but I just simply get a communications error when the 2nd one tries to join the host.
08-09-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: [Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-10-2015, 09:12 PM
If it helps, the version I'm using to try and do this for MHP3rd is PPSSPP v1.01-463-adhoclocal-chatsimple. Is this the right one to be doing this with? I thought it was.
08-10-2015, 11:34 PM
I don't get it at this point. I'm doing everything right. I even copied the video tutorial showing MHP3rd from the OP exactly. Every time both players start the quest is brakes off. Is there anybody who can tell me what I may be missing?
08-13-2015, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2015 06:42 PM by albertoonezio.)
How Configure for 4 controls?
I want a control for each emulator so being able to play with 4 people in the same PC.
08-14-2015, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2015 09:46 PM by Relic1882.)
If you have controllers that can do DirectInput (Like a Logitech F710 or something), set it up with a profiler like XPadder or the Logitech profiler to use keystrokes. My setup uses an XBox360 controller for my 1st PPSSPP, and the Logitech profiler with an F710 using DInput with keystrokes for the 2nd PPSSPP. You can set each controller and PPSSPP to use different keystrokes for each controller. So for one controller you can use WASD as your analog stick, another can use TFGH, etc. You probably can use Joy2Key as well to do the same thing. Not sure about it though.

Does anyone know why I followed the tutorial at the beginning of this forum exactly like on the video for MHP3rd and the game still gets broken off when the actual hunt starts? I'm dying here and my son wants to play this with me more than you can possibly imagine! Smile
08-15-2015, 12:27 AM
(08-14-2015 09:44 PM)Relic1882 Wrote:  If you have controllers that can do DirectInput (Like a Logitech F710 or something), set it up with a profiler like XPadder or the Logitech profiler to use keystrokes. My setup uses an XBox360 controller for my 1st PPSSPP, and the Logitech profiler with an F710 using DInput with keystrokes for the 2nd PPSSPP. You can set each controller and PPSSPP to use different keystrokes for each controller. So for one controller you can use WASD as your analog stick, another can use TFGH, etc. You probably can use Joy2Key as well to do the same thing. Not sure about it though.

Does anyone know why I followed the tutorial at the beginning of this forum exactly like on the video for MHP3rd and the game still gets broken off when the actual hunt starts? I'm dying here and my son wants to play this with me more than you can possibly imagine! Smile
try play using PPSSPP-adhoclocal with PPSSPP noadhoclocal.
the one who using PPSSPP-adhoclocal should host the hunting mission
08-15-2015, 02:12 AM
I finally got it! I had my PPSSPP versions mixed up. First, I ran the Adhoc PRO server(the stand alone), then I ran the adhoclocal-simplechat version to host the hunts, then I ran the Standard Download PPSSPP version for my son. As long as I do it in that order, everything works! The only issue is that if the adhoclocal-simplechat version leaves the online gathering hall and tries to come back, I get a socket error. I'm not sure why, but it goes away just by restarting PPSSPP. Good enough for me! Smile Thanks again for the tutorial and help.
08-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Anybody know why everytime when I try to join with adhoclocal ppsspp I got "socket error (10065) when connecting to 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:27312? I have no idea what i do wrong :/
08-29-2015, 01:15 AM
(08-28-2015 06:14 PM)Radarow Wrote:  Anybody know why everytime when I try to join with adhoclocal ppsspp I got "socket error (10065) when connecting to 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:27312? I have no idea what i do wrong :/

Which game are you tese, did that game adhoc working with original PPSSPP?
08-29-2015, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2015 06:21 AM by Anim8rDude.)
Just signed up simply & solely to confirm that Relic1882 method works. So for Jamrockz, JerofEldr, Bironate, & and all those in the sinking ship called "MHFU kicks players at quests' start!" should just follow his steps.

-Run the Adhoc PRO server (the executable) first.
-Then, adhoclocal-simplechat PPSSPP version.
-Followed by the Standard PPSSPP versions for the rest.

After a couple of hours tinkering with fast memory & numerous combinations of settings, this, without exaggerating, magically worked!

A couple of notes;
-The settings are the usual; Server IP Address set to 127.0.0.1 with Bind Address set to 127.0.0.2 , the rest set to 127.0.0.3 etc...

-"Enable built-in Pro Ad hoc server" box must be ticked in the adlocal-simplechat version, the box un-ticked in all other PPSSPP versions (more standard settings).

-adlocal PPSSPP version must always host the quest, otherwise it won't work. I also had Soul Calibur on hand & had the chance to test it as well. Same scenario; adlocal version must host!

I also had the opportunity to test two identical gamepads on one PC as well. I can also confirm this working, just do it in this order;

-Run Adhoc PRO server, then adhoclocal version.
-Plug in first 360 controller, map your controls, tick "Ignore Gamepads when not focused" box.
-Run second standard PPSSPP version.
-Plug in second 360 controller, make sure the "Ignore Gamepads" box is un-ticked.

(I actually don't have two 360 controller, but I used two PS3 ones instead with the combination of the DS3 Tool)

That's that I guess! If you get any socket errors, changing the bind IP address usually does the trick.

Edit: Perhaps a bit off-topic, but if you're interested in getting two PS3 controllers running on PPSSPP, you may want to give this a look (fix the "http"); h ttp://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=16442