Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Game cube emulator?
10-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Game cube emulator?
My old GCube died a while back. Someone told me about Dolphin and it looks great but there's no auto frame skipping. I tested two separate games and both ran at 60-70% in the very beginning of the game. Is there another GCube emulator out there? I mostly just want to play supermario sunshine and luigi's mansion. I poured hours into wind waker so that would be great too. I had the gameboy cable and everything so I could do Tingle's side stuff Sad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Game cube emulator?
As far as I know Dolphin is the only emulator that emulates Gamecube games Undecided

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
10-04-2014, 01:09 PM
What are your specs? Dolphin runs great on my 5 year old machine.
Also, adjust your setting according to the Dolphin wiki and stick to low settings if you want the original GameCube experience AND don't want to mess around with them so much.
10-04-2014, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 08:51 PM by AlphaKennyTime.)
I have to choose Direct3D as my backend instead of OpenGL otherwise I get an error saying my video card only supports GL 1.2 or something like that. What games can you run? I'll check out the wiki right now.

Intel Core i3 CPU
M 380 @ 2.53GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit
Running windows 7

EDIT: You mean this? https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ance_guide I already had those settings except for one audio setting. Everything is in slow motion.
10-05-2014, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 02:47 AM by Made in China.)
Sorry mate, your notebook isn't powerful enough to run Dolphin. While the CPU may be good enough, the integrated GPU is completely rubbish.

And google "-Game Name Here- Dolphin" and you'll get its Dolphin wiki page. You can find every game's recommended settings there, because some games glitch with certain optimizations.
10-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Have you tried the last SVN of Dolphin? In the last month the programmers have added a lot of improvements and fixes to the program. There's a huge difference between Dolphin 4.0.2 (the last stable version) and SVN version.

You also can use a old version of Dolphin (v3.0 or v3.5). It's faster, but has more bugs.

If you graphic card is slow, you should choose a low Internal Resolution (x1).
10-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Sad I downloaded their latest version just a few days ago (not their stable ver. on their front page). Well what games do you think I could run? The nostalgia was strong when I saw the sunshine intro... then I got to the actual gameplay. I looked into just buying a gamecube on amazon but I don't trust used items even though I know nintendo likes to make their products last. I heard the nintendo DS was designed to withstand a 1.5m drop on solid concrete 10 times in a row.
10-06-2014, 07:35 AM
While finding a functional GameCube can be a bit troublesome, finding a functional Wii is probably easier and cheaper - it was the best selling console of the last generation, after all.
Get one with the Classic Controller Pro and you're all set. I even think you can even plug in the original GameCube controller on some models, so if you still have that, you can save $20.
Cost for a brand new console: ~$150, depending on your local vendor.
10-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Dolphin is the best emulator in the market! Sorry pal!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
10-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Ugh I'm looking at $50 for a used wii or $150 for a new wii just to play wind waker, twilight princess, skyward sword, and luigi's mansion. I guess I'll just upgrade my computer some day and try the emulator again Sad.
10-08-2014, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 06:17 AM by Haseeb.)
(10-08-2014 04:31 AM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  Ugh I'm looking at $50 for a used wii or $150 for a new wii just to play wind waker, twilight princess, skyward sword, and luigi's mansion. I guess I'll just upgrade my computer some day and try the emulator again Sad.

Download Dolphin 3.0 man , I'm sure you downloaded Dolphin 4.0 which is slow as hell!
Yesterday , I tried Resident evil Remake on dolphin 3.0 and I was getting good playable speed 23-26/30 fps during gameplay whille I got only 10fps in 4.0 version.
Dolphin 3.5 is a bit faster than 4.0 ... But 3.0 is the fastest!

And my windows tablet specs are 2GB Ram , 1.8ghz quad core CPU and 1GB Intel HD graphic card. Smile

The Signature!
10-09-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 07:13 AM by AlphaKennyTime.)
Thanks Dolphin 3.0 is much faster. Sunshine doesnt run at 100% but it's playable. I don't remember the paint being near invincible though. Every time I wash it mario still slides around as if the paint is still there. The paint eventually comes back but there's no point in washing any of it away if mario still slides even after it's gone. This happens with all paint in all areas. I'm not sure if it's a setting I overlooked or just the version. It's really annoying. This can keep me from walking up steep areas and it made a mini boss much more difficult. I had to pick up bombs and toss them back at some rat thing but because of the invisible goo that won't wash away Mario kept sliding into the bombs instead of picking them up. I had to find a spot without paint, pick the bombs up there, and run closer to the enemy to toss them back.

EDIT: Looks like it's just a setting.
10-09-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 05:52 PM by Haseeb.)
I don't play Mario games on the emulator but I think the problem is in your settings.
Follow mine :

Set the full screen resolution to 400x300 , believe me , it isn't that bad resolution , at least gives much more speed.
Select direct3D9 or 11 .
I use Intel HD graphics as adapter because my tablet has no dedicated graphic card.
Internal resolution = windows size (auto)
AA = none
Antistro = 1x
Hacks = skip EFB , Ignore format changes ,
texture cache = fast (max)
external frame buffer = disabled
Other = fast mipmaps , OpenGL texture decoder , Disable fog.

always use audio DS 32000hz

thats all!
Play game in full screen and tell me how much fps do you get now. Big Grin

I play Resident Evil Remake on it , its a demanding gamecube game. I also don't get full speed but I get 26-27/30 normally and 23/30 in place of zombies. I think its a pretty decent speed.
Mario sunshine should not be a problem Smile
As I've seen your specs , they are double better than my tablet , it should handle a lot of GameCube games.
I'm gonna try Mario Sunshine to check the speed and you should try Resident evil Remake to check if its only mario or all games are slow Big Grin

The Signature!
10-09-2014, 06:24 PM
If you were Brazilian, i would sell my wii!! =P

I have played all these games, and yes… they are all amazing!!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
10-10-2014, 02:31 AM
Test Dolphin R6515

Smile