Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
11-28-2014, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 09:02 PM by lumune.)
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Potentially working?
(11-28-2014 08:57 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  Blah. I appreciate the help but no success with your ini. I'm at a loss at this point.

Maybe firewall related? I don't know, have you tried with Evolve and UPnP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2014, 09:05 PM
First guy in video plays alone no other in group secondly in the INI file you wrote coldbird.net but adress is pro.coldbird.net try this
11-28-2014, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 09:08 PM by lumune.)
(11-28-2014 09:05 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  First guy in video plays alone no other in group secondly in the INI file you wrote coldbird.net but adress is pro.coldbird.net try this

It's the same thing, in the end both pro.coldbird.net and coldbird.net points to the same server.

The girl in the video indeed plays alone, not enough proof. My friend is not online now on Evolve, as soon as we can i'll post another video for you.
11-28-2014, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 09:15 PM by NoXsys.)
(11-28-2014 09:01 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 08:57 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  Blah. I appreciate the help but no success with your ini. I'm at a loss at this point.

Maybe firewall related? I don't know, have you tried with Evolve and UPnP?

Yeah, been using Evolve the whole time. I have it set to Host Mode and I'm alone in a party, have my IPv4 address set inside ppsspp. Tried using both the built in server option as well as the other AdhocServer.exe which I downloaded.
Doesn't seem like a firewall issue because I can connect to my friend and start game just fine but cannot start missions, both with him and solo.
11-28-2014, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 09:42 PM by Heoxis.)
(11-28-2014 09:07 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 09:05 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  First guy in video plays alone no other in group secondly in the INI file you wrote coldbird.net but adress is pro.coldbird.net try this

It's the same thing, in the end both pro.coldbird.net and coldbird.net points to the same server.

The girl in the video indeed plays alone, not enough proof. My friend is not online now on Evolve, as soon as we can i'll post another video for you.

I will try it now so i will let you know if its okay with loading screens :O
and you can try with friend when he comes i will try both with adhoc and coldbird

Tried both with adhoc and procoldbird i got one character connected to the mission the other one gets loading bug just like in PSP1 i don't know when this will be fixed but other games can connect :O
11-29-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 08:35 PM by lumune.)
Phantasy Star Portable 2 is working.

However, occasionally an error like this can happen, leaving you waiting forever to join the party.
11-29-2014, 08:23 PM
(11-29-2014 08:15 PM)lumune Wrote:  Phantasy Star Portable 2 is working.

However, occasionally an error like this can happen, leaving you waiting forever to join the party.

How did you get it working help us a little :O did you first level up alone and then multiplayered?
11-29-2014, 08:34 PM
(11-29-2014 08:23 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  

How did you get it working help us a little :O did you first level up alone and then multiplayered?

Indeed. I've played the first Story Mission of the game, i've saved right after arriving at Little Wing.

Then i've hosted the game and formed the party, my friend Viktor then proceeded to "Find Party", then clicked my nickname and i've received a confirmation as you can see just a couple of seconds at the start of the video.

DO NOT form a party then enter the city while your friend isn't connected into the Multiplayer, both players need to enter at the same time (like you saw in the video).
11-29-2014, 08:43 PM
(11-29-2014 08:34 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(11-29-2014 08:23 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  

Indeed. I've played the first Story Mission of the game, i've saved right after arriving at Little Wing.

Then i've hosted the game and formed the party, my friend Viktor then proceeded to "Find Party", then clicked my nickname and i've received a confirmation as you can see just a couple of seconds at the start of the video.

DO NOT form a party then enter the city while your friend isn't connected into the Multiplayer, both players need to enter at the same time (like you saw in the video).

I will try that xD
11-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Sadness. My only idea left is to try having my friend host the game instead of me - I'm doubting this will matter as it doesn't load missions even on Coldbird, and I've never had any issues with my network when it comes to running any kind of server. Hopefully we get it figured out - this game is truly awesome with friends.
11-29-2014, 10:05 PM
(11-29-2014 09:47 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  Sadness. My only idea left is to try having my friend host the game instead of me - I'm doubting this will matter as it doesn't load missions even on Coldbird, and I've never had any issues with my network when it comes to running any kind of server. Hopefully we get it figured out - this game is truly awesome with friends.

Uncheck Check for new version of PPSSPP since this is custom made version you uncheck that and try then
11-29-2014, 11:17 PM
(11-29-2014 10:05 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  Uncheck Check for new version of PPSSPP since this is custom made version you uncheck that and try then

No sir, made no difference.
11-29-2014, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 11:49 PM by Heoxis.)
(11-29-2014 11:17 PM)NoXsys Wrote:  
(11-29-2014 10:05 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  Uncheck Check for new version of PPSSPP since this is custom made version you uncheck that and try then

No sir, made no difference.

I played with only me in group and i get loading bug plus i lvled up :O plus i checked debug it got socket errors and some error when loading bug appears
11-30-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2014 04:22 AM by NoXsys.)
(11-29-2014 11:40 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  I played with only me in group and i get loading bug plus i lvled up :O plus i checked debug it got socket errors and some error when loading bug appears

Loading bug you mean when you enter a mission right? I've tried different characters - level doesn't seem to matter.

EDIT: I'm throwing in the towel on this until something changes or a workaround is discovered. I've tried everything known to man with no success.
11-30-2014, 09:19 AM
(11-30-2014 12:19 AM)NoXsys Wrote:  EDIT: I'm throwing in the towel on this until something changes or a workaround is discovered. I've tried everything known to man with no success.

This was me yesterday. I'll just wait for official support, or for the custom version to be more reliable. (Even though it's a cool first step, I'll admit)