Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
01-19-2015, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 04:06 PM by dragonhart6505.)
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Just beat Ventus story, working on Aqua now. Major lag during the first fight with Vanitus while he rides the Keyblades, but once you knock him off its all back to normal speed. Seriously...needs to be moved to Playable section
Also anybody with a rooted Android phone needs to install Pure Graphics HD mod. Increased playable framerates dramatically. Will upload screenshots of my settings in a little bit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2015, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 01:13 AM by dragonhart6505.)
Settings I use on a low/mid-range, dual core overclocked Android device. Speeds almost 100% through the entire game. Should be perfectly fine for U.S release (non Final Mix) version

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-20-2015, 02:25 AM
Retain changed textures will probably be counter productive in this game (in most it probably makes it slower, there's only a few that it helps with, and those it helps _very_ noticeably.)

-[Unknown]
01-20-2015, 09:38 AM
I havent experienced any issues with it on or off, though your probably right. Thanks for the heads up
01-24-2015, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 05:15 PM by iakoboss7.)
hello, i am playing the translated version 1.0.12 and i use the latest x64 svn versions but this thing happens : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4279

i know the solution is supposed to be a specific driver version but i am using this driver : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370745
and everything else in my pc works perfect and i kinda dont wanna change it!

this thing ofc happened also in the past but i was able to use this patch http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?...99&page=80 in the comment #1992 (its not available but he explains what it does later on) and everything worked PERFECT (that was more than 9 months before), after some revisions of the emulator (this july) i was able to play without using these files anymore!

till today that i started playing again psp games, i was able to play 10 hours of "brave story" without any problems (without using the patch) but today that i started playing kingdom hearts the driver (and emu) kept crashing after some mins of gameplay, i tried using the patch again but this time it didnt help at all....

what am i supposed to do now to play kingdom hearts? as i said brave story worked fine but kh has a problem!
is this game specific or the game just uses something the emu and driver doesnt like and so it crashes?

is there any fix for this?

also someone that is using The 11.11a drivers can you post the "ati6axx.dll" and "opengl32.dll"? (also if there is a x64 version of these files please post those also), who knows maybe this will fix my problem... also if you have any other suggestions i am all ears!!!!

thank you!

edit: i am playing with aqua but i am still in the start so it has nothing to do with the endgame bug and x64 builds of this emulator
01-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Different games use different graphical effects. Whatever triggers a crash in that driver is probably never done by Brave Story (although that game does its own interesting / complex things.)

You can try Direct3D instead. I'm not really sure how well the game works in Direct3D but the driver may not crash at least.

-[Unknown]
01-24-2015, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 11:59 PM by iakoboss7.)
thank you i will try it and report back, if you are using the 11.11a performance drivers can you (or anyone else) maybe upload the files i mentioned so i can try them out?

update: direct3d seems to solve the crashing problem

now for a new problem i found. whatever settings i use on the emulator when i try to meld commands either the game goes black screen or the emulator crashes (the emulator crashes if i use fast memory, without it the black screen occurs and the only thing i can do is stop emulation).

can i somehow help on this?

[Image: 2eezh94.jpg]

UPDATE it seems it only happens in some places... when i do it in other worlds its fine. strange staff xD
also i cant play the ice cream game on disney town... after i agree to "play" the screen just sits there and the event doesnt trigger.. i cant do anything... my character moves though cause the duck is looking at me as i move arround but i dont see myself...

is this game becoming worse with every update of the emulator? i used to be able to do it just fine before...
actually i cant play ANY game in Disney town... it just sits there doing nothing... if i am lucky i can leave the area by blindly going to the exit of the area...

can someone help?

EDIT: it seems on the android version all disney games work fine! I will try the x86 build tomorrow and report again.
tried x86 build (i always use latest builds) also, it seems ONLY on android builds the Disney town games work!

any idea what to do with it? can it be fixed?

also when using d3d on x86 the screen every some seconds flickers with a black frame and when closing the emulator it always crashes (with d3d, with opengl its fine). i couldnt even change it back to opengl because it kept crashing so i had to do it from the ini.
02-02-2015, 04:11 PM
All Disney town games work fine here(KHBBS and KHBBSFM)on 1.0-7 x86/x64
It could be video card\drivers related.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
02-02-2015, 08:16 PM
i a couple weeks i will have a new graphics card (nvidia gtx 670, better than my hd4850 for sure) and will be able to use newer drivers cause now i am stack with old! i will report with those when i get it!

thank you!
02-03-2015, 02:55 PM
i know its dev releases and it might get "fixed" later but... latest builds that made changes in CWcheat engine by saying that: Might fix JIT-related cheat crashes, well till now it renders some cheats to crash! like "exp command deck 9999".
03-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Hey guys!
First post Smile
Does anyone have a "No Subtitles" code?
Like on PCSX2 with KH2FM, I have a no subtitles code, so I could watch the cut scenes without subs.
I've been looking around for anything like that for all the other KH games but it seems only KH2 has that kind of code Sad
03-25-2015, 04:45 AM
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix English Patch issue
Hey there first timer to this forum and hopefully a solution may come of it ^_^

First, if this thread is already up somewhere please move it there. I have read through the kingdom hearts BBS thread and nothing was said about this that i could find.

ISSUE....

Clean BBS final mix iso, patch the files needed to be patched so things are in english.

Success doing so, menus and subtitles are in english.

Problem is when i get to the opening scene where your getting out of bed and it goes to the next scene where you take control for the tutorial the game just sits at a black screen.

I ran the game without the english patch and it works 100% fine i can run through the tutorial and play the game no issues. Just running the patched one i get that problem.

If anyone knows whats going on or what i am doing wrong with this please enlighten me.

Thank you to whoever responds to this and is able to help me.

I am running the latest PPSSPP version everything is set to defaults still.
03-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Greetings everyone. I am having a slightly annoying issue with the Undub version of BBS Final Mix.

I got the Undub iso and it works as expected. The cutscenes are in English, while the combat voices are in Japanese. I say "as expected", because it seems that you need a plug-in to turn the cutscene voices to Jap, at least for the PSP.

Since PPSSPP does not have plug-ins, I've done my research and found a cheat that would work the same way.

"_C1 Japanese language mode (= no voices)

_L 0x0035B02E 0x00000001"

I used the cheat, and it does work. The cutscenes are now in Japanese. But, at the same time, I now have no combat voices. (By "combat voices" I mean "declaring the attacks", "guttural noises" when swinging keyblades around, etc etc.) All other sound effects still work, but the voices.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or had the same issue? It is great to have the cutscenes in Japanese, but silent "blade swinging" is... anticlimactic, to say the least.

Thank you in advance.
04-04-2015, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 09:23 PM by InmentoRiku.)
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (Aqua Story Mode)
So I can play through Terra and Ven's story modes no problem (Although Vanitas is a pain) but then here's my issue. As soon as I choose to play as Aqua, it starts the cutscene where you normally would start if you chose Terra or Ven (In the castle where the test is being taken for Aqua and Ven to become masters of the keyblade) it just shows the window...stops....and then PPSSPP closes.

So I reload PPSSPP, and then Aqua's story, and I assume it's a problem with the video so I skip cutscene...no...instead it just keeps saying Skip Cutscene and then boom it closes again.

I'm new here so this might be the wrong thread but as far as I can tell it isnt.

So any advice on how to fix it?

(I think I'm on PPSSPP 0.9.8 or 0.9.9)

Edit: Actually found out I am on PPSSPP 0.9.1 could that be the issue?

Highest Regards,

InmentoRiku