Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.16 Average
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
02-17-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
(02-17-2014 06:40 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Mmm...I wonder if it is caused by the PS3 D3...and if even the xobx360 gamepad suffer the same issue as well...

Hard to tell. I play a ton of EMUs and never experienced anything like it. I was using MotioninJoy for the longest time and scrubbed it for SCP DS3 for security/testing sake.

I don't have an XBOX controller to try. Figured to hit the forums incase anyone else has seen/heard of this before...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Is there anything else aside motioninjoy? IF I'm not wrong, in past I saw a thread in which there were some users asking which was better to use, if motioninjoy or another one, sadly the name escapes me though :|

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
(02-17-2014 07:26 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Is there anything else aside motioninjoy? IF I'm not wrong, in past I saw a thread in which there were some users asking which was better to use, if motioninjoy or another one, sadly the name escapes me though :|

SCP DS3 uses Microsoft drivers for the DS3/XBOX controllers instead of MotioninJoy. So far, its been ok. You can use the MotioninJoy drivers with an application called Better DS3 but I found the button mapping to be non-intuitive.
02-17-2014, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 07:59 PM by Gurlok.)
I see, I'll do what I can to inform the devs about this, maybe they know already about this issue.

02-17-2014, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 08:22 PM by [Unknown].)
Do you have MotionInJoy emulating a XInput (Xbox) device, or a DirectInput device?

Anecdotally, I know someone who used MotionInJoy years ago and was always having minor problems with it. I assume it's probably gotten better, though.

-[Unknown]
02-17-2014, 08:29 PM
(02-17-2014 08:21 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Do you have MotionInJoy emulating a XInput (Xbox) device, or a DirectInput device?

Anecdotally, I know someone who used MotionInJoy years ago and was always having minor problems with it. I assume it's probably gotten better, though.

-[Unknown]

Actually not using MiJ anymore. I never really had problems with it but didn't like it connecting to some remote server out in the interwebs... Using SCP DS3. Both use different drivers and still had the same issue. Tends to happen when multiple inputs are being entered, like moving with the stick, hitting X to attack, then square to dodge, while using L/R to chose my next action.... Its sporatic, but thats when I see it the most.
02-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Do this, start the ppsspp emulator on its home screen at the upper left side you'll see the selection recent, games, homebrew & demos select games, when the icons of your games appear on screen long press your desired game, then the home screen of the game you selected will appear there you'll see the details of the game, you'll see that your save data is blank, download a save data then rename it, eg. ULUS10299 (USA ) for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes, then place it inside the save data folder, then run and load your save game.
02-18-2014, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 04:03 PM by tucla45.)
final fantasy crisis core freezes during the cutscene with sephioroth right before you fight him in nibelhiem. Anyone know what to do

(02-18-2014 04:01 PM)tucla45 Wrote:  final fantasy crisis core freezes during the cutscene with sephioroth right before you fight him in nibelhiem. Anyone know what to do

Im running it on andriod Samsung galaxy 4 btw
02-18-2014, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 04:09 PM by enerio.)
Go here for performance http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236
02-18-2014, 11:29 PM
@tulca45

As I've mentioned in the performance thread, try disabling Fast Memory and all other hacks for that section.

Also upload your savefile/savestate right before that section so that we can help you figure out the issue.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
02-19-2014, 05:06 AM
(02-18-2014 11:29 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  @tulca45

As I've mentioned in the performance thread, try disabling Fast Memory and all other hacks for that section.

Also upload your savefile/savestate right before that section so that we can help you figure out the issue.

How do I upload my save state/save file into the forum?
02-19-2014, 09:12 AM
There are couple ways, you can zip the sava file and add it as an attachment to your post, or upload it somewhere (sendspace, mediafire) and post your link here.

02-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Anyone have this running smoothly on a galaxy note 2?
02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
(02-17-2014 06:07 PM)thecannibal Wrote:  I've been experiencing something very strange when playing FFVIICC. The game is emulated near perfectly for me, so good job on that!

What I experience is some erratic controller behavior. I'll be in battle then all of a sudden, the action selector goes crazy with Zack spazzing out. I can set my controller down and it will continue for a few seconds then quit.

I'm currently using a PS3 DS3 controller via USB. I've tried several controllers, cables, and driver sets which didn't fix the issue. I've only seen this on this game and emu. Currently running 0.9.7.1 but also saw it on 0.9.5 I loaded for giggles.

Any ideas ?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
6 core AMD Phenom II
8 gigs of ram
256 gig SSD

I think I may have fixed this issue. I don't know why or how, but Windows was seeing 2 devices that were the same... I uninstalled both devices and plugged back in my controller so Windows can install the driver.

Since now there's a single instance, I have not seen anymore of the erratic controller behavior thats already caused my rage to sacrifice a controller. Big Grin
02-20-2014, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 03:48 AM by bktonz.)
I keep getting a freeze in the cut-scene after you defeat bahamut in banora. The scene looks fine and it gets to the point where genisis spread his wings and takes off, zack looks up to see feathers falling and then freeze. I have tried waiting ten minutes more than once, I have also tried numerous settings.
I am currently using the ipad air ios 7.04 with the latest ppsspp build 0.9.7.2(I also had this problem on the previous build).
Has anyone else had this problem and/or a solution?
Thanks

Ok so I did a bit of research and deleted ppsspp from cydia and found and older version (v0.9.5-031-g72950d8) It seemed to get me a little bit further through the cutscene. Now it freezes as the airship is flying away and zack is standing there. progress...