Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.16 Average
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
06-06-2013, 04:10 AM
RE: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
So I have been able to play this game near perfectly 60 fps perfect throughout However after the fight where you change swords the game stalls. The movie plays for the point but you are stuck at the point with the monster. The character is still moving you can't control it all but you can pause.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 06:57 AM by trunks182.)
hey guys, on my galaxy s2 i don't get full speed everywhere. there's certain places / direction i face and ill drop to 40 fps. If i put my frameskip to 2 it seems to be 60fps always, but the screen seems to keep flashing black over and over. i've tried pressing the fast forward button as someone else suggested but that doesn't get rid of it.

can anyone help?
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM
RE: Crisis core final fantasy 7
(06-06-2013 02:48 AM)RPG Advocate Wrote:  Might want to update your PPSSPP. FF7CC is playable with minor issues on the newest builds.
does the minor issues include - no video and a bit slow gameplay ?

[P.S] the dump is not .iso but i can still play the game
06-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Merged
06-06-2013, 11:18 AM
The FMVs play smoothly on the latest build (1140), the choppy audio in FMVs is also fixed. Thanks for your hard work, devs.

"Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero you need to have dreams... and honor."
—Angeal Hewley
06-06-2013, 11:44 AM
The game is fully playable ... initial sound and video are perfect. Great job dude. Thank you.
06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
(06-06-2013 06:57 AM)trunks182 Wrote:  hey guys, on my galaxy s2 i don't get full speed everywhere. there's certain places / direction i face and ill drop to 40 fps. If i put my frameskip to 2 it seems to be 60fps always, but the screen seems to keep flashing black over and over. i've tried pressing the fast forward button as someone else suggested but that doesn't get rid of it.

can anyone help?

anyone????
06-06-2013, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 03:23 PM by kenny43.)
RE: Crisis CoFinal Fantasy VII
(06-06-2013 02:00 PM)trunks182 Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 06:57 AM)trunks182 Wrote:  hey guys, on my galaxy s2 i don't get full speed everywhere. there's certain places / direction i face and ill drop to 40 fps. If i put my frameskip to 2 it seems to be 60fps always, but the screen seems to keep flashing black over and over. i've tried pressing the fast forward button as someone else suggested but that doesn't get rid of it.

can anyone help?

anyone????

You've a mid-high end device, you can't expect it to perform all highly and moreover, have in mind that you're using a cellphone with an ARM CPU, not a core2duo or an i3.

Pair numbers on frameskipping causes extreme flickering, so set it to 1, 3, 5 depending on your need, then finally, have in mind that this is on developement stage and there are yet lot of imrpovements and optimozations to do, be patient.

Edit: Few tips, disable buffered rendering, set frameskip to 1 or 3 as I said, avoid use any kind of filtering and/or scaling, and have fastmem activated, doubt there'll be any crashes unlike before.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
06-07-2013, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 01:51 AM by zander6669.)
so I still Can't get passed the angeal fight. Movie plays and then you're back at the point where you fought him. I've disabled every single thing in the game and nothing seems to work. I did look at the debug log and it says something about a scekernel.h:445 having a bad object handle. I don't know if this is what is doing this or not. I can post the whole message if that would help anyone fix it.
06-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Is it possible that while the music is working for this game, it's not working fully?
I've played the opening a couple of times now (first gameplay I mean) and compared it to playing on my psp and videos on youtube.
While it certainly doesn't sound bad, it feels like small parts are missing, which is the only thing aside from the damage numbers looking the way they do that prevents me from actually starting to play. (Latest I've tested is 0.7.6 v1192)

Just wondering if this is something I could have done wrong, or the devs know this and it's just a case of "still in development" ?
Also mentioning it because if you haven't played the original you might not even notice the music is off.
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
All such bugs you see are a case of "still in development"...
06-08-2013, 02:24 PM
(06-08-2013 02:19 PM)Henrik Wrote:  All such bugs you see are a case of "still in development"...

well that's right answer for all games questions Tongue

my english is poor , sorry
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Well, yes, maybe I phrased it wrong '^^

I was just wondering whether the current sound was considered to be functioning properly for this game or if it was "in development" and the devs considered this current stage to still be lacking.
I know it's in development and that there's been huge jumps in video and audio support recently, I was just making sure that crisis core wasn't checked off somewhere as "audio= perfect" when it actually isn't yet. (and also making sure that it's not just me who has this little issue, as I have had audio problems others didn't seem to have on other emulators)
06-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Nothing is "considered working" , we just keep improving things as we see broken things, and usually many games benefit from each fix. There's no checklist (well, unless you consider the "Issues" on github one).
06-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Ok, thanks Smile

I guess I got used to the way other emulator forums often operate, having a section above playable called "perfect", which then often had issues left that seemed to be considered (very) minor, often music related. (Or at least, that's how it sometimes felt, I'm in no way assuming any of this is easy or that I know what goes on behind the scenes. I know just enough about programming to know that I know nothing at all, haha)

Very happy that's not the case here then Smile

I guess I should've looked into that github issue list instead and voiced my audio concerns there, my apologies.

I just keep forgetting that this isn't a 5+ year old emulator when everything but the occasional little sound or visual hiccup works so well '^^