Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are there so many VN games?
09-15-2014, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 09:53 AM by TheDax.)
Why are there so many VN games?
I use the [Removed] to get PSP patches, and I noticed recently that there were a ton of Visual Novels being ported to the PSP. Now I love quirky Japanese only releases but I always wondered what was the appeal to Visual Novel games(Besides the obvious hentai games). I love point and clicks but I'd love to know what makes a Visual Novel a popular genre outside Japan(And again no hentai, that would be like asking why would someone eat at McDonalds)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2014, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 09:53 AM by TheDax.)
RE: Why are there so many VN games?
(09-15-2014 06:52 AM)MrBoolean Wrote:  I use the [Removed] to get PSP patches, and I noticed recently that there were a ton of Visual Novels being ported to the PSP. Now I love quirky Japanese only releases but I always wondered what was the appeal to Visual Novel games(Besides the obvious hentai games). I love point and clicks but I'd love to know what makes a Visual Novel a popular genre outside Japan(And again no hentai, that would be like asking why would someone eat at McDonalds)?

Cause is like a interactive book, And On other countries that is not very well seeing cause they like shoot or kill things dont like to read a lot (its really a lot) for me thats the main reason

♥Join US ♥ party on EVOLVEHQ for ALL MonsterHunters English:

https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:FIlZsoO7VtIqC2x1,party:L5fuksYOCYQWJh_i

♫Status♪ Yuu-Eucliwood Tittles: → Perfect Against Chickens ← ►Kaiser of Heaven&Earth◄
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Please don't name warez/piracy sites on here. Thanks.

Moved.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Okay!! No hentai!! But there is some fanservice, and guys Love it!! LOL Just kidding!

Besides that, a great story makes you keep playing this kind of games. I honestly think one of the best games I played was a mix of VN with Puzzle adventure (999 for DS). The puzzle factor was great, but what makes me love the game was the storyline with the multiple endings.

I didn’t stop playing until I betted then all!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
09-15-2014, 11:01 PM
(09-15-2014 09:53 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Please don't name warez/piracy sites on here. Thanks.

Moved.

Oh I didn't mean that for piracy(Isn't that where everyone get patches and homebrew for their ISO dumps?) My bad.
09-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Mainly because they love the storyline and some CG screenshots (especially eroge).

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
09-16-2014, 03:41 AM
oh! oh! i answer! shiishii Big Grin because when play , i feel like i am play main character, like inside the game myself. it's fun Smile

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\