Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memstick on Linux Mint?
07-09-2014, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 03:51 AM by xenowildfire.)
Memstick on Linux Mint?
Can anyone tell me where the Memstick is on Linux Mint or where the fonts go for ppssppQt, I can get the fonts to work on ppssppSDL but not Qt.
I got it to work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: Memstick on Linux Mint?
Moved.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-10-2014, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 06:43 AM by xsacha.)
(07-09-2014 03:29 AM)xenowildfire Wrote:  Can anyone tell me where the Memstick is on Linux Mint or where the fonts go for ppssppQt, I can get the fonts to work on ppssppSDL but not Qt.
I got it to work.

On all Linux systems, the memstick is in ~/.config or $XDG_CONFIG_HOME

If you are getting a different directory, perhaps it's due to the maintainer of the package setting it differently. Otherwise it's a bug.
07-10-2014, 01:55 PM
(07-10-2014 06:41 AM)xsacha Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 03:29 AM)xenowildfire Wrote:  Can anyone tell me where the Memstick is on Linux Mint or where the fonts go for ppssppQt, I can get the fonts to work on ppssppSDL but not Qt.
I got it to work.

On all Linux systems, the memstick is in ~/.config or $XDG_CONFIG_HOME

If you are getting a different directory, perhaps it's due to the maintainer of the package setting it differently. Otherwise it's a bug.

I fownd it, Qt looks in assets but when I put my Psp fonts in there SDL world use them and the text in Lunar came out great but when I would use Qt it would over write them with the ones it came with.
So I deleted them and I would put the font folder in .config/ppsspp/psp next to the save game folder. As long as you have the font folder in Assets Qt always looked there but would stay with defaults, even if you had fonts in the config folder. I think I deleted them out of assets before I placed the folder in .comfig/ppsspp/PSP and Qt would still show text but SDL wouldn't. That was how I figured out to delete and put them in .config/ppsspp/PSP. So I do think it's a bug with Qt anyways but I could be wrong too.
07-10-2014, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 03:14 PM by xsacha.)
Qt version doesn't come with any fonts. They are embedded in the executable. In fact, PPSSPPQt will operate entirely independently without any other files whatsoever.
So it seems you were overwriting them with the fonts that came with your SDL install.
It should probably look in the same directory order SDL looks in though.
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 10:33 PM by xenowildfire.)
(07-10-2014 03:13 PM)xsacha Wrote:  Qt version doesn't come with any fonts. They are embedded in the executable. In fact, PPSSPPQt will operate entirely independently without any other files whatsoever.
So it seems you were overwriting them with the fonts that came with your SDL install.
It should probably look in the same directory order SDL looks in though.

oh ok I see before I had put the fonts in .config Qt would use it's built in ones.
SDL would look in assets and when I deleted them it had none to use until I put the new ones in .config.
And SDL when I would put the fonts in assets text would show up, but since Qt has them embedded into it then it wasn't over writing it was using what it came with, but I think I tried SDL after using Qt and putting the fonts in assets text would show up like it was before I used my own fonts.