Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Jeanne d'Arc
02-22-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Jeanne d'Arc
(02-22-2014 12:04 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Merged. Please post in the game's topic in the future. Smile

Thanks for not being too rough on me, will do...

BTW I still need help with this guys, any help or suggestions would be appreciated...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 01:53 AM
@pondhop

I can't reproduce the crash myself on my machine.

Are you using the default settings? Try going back to default settings and play the game again.

Something looks really odd with your screenshot of the game, it seems like the menu options are cut off on the left hand side of the screen.

Here's what yours looks like:-

[Image: 12686161733_9fdea37d6d_o.png]

Here's mine in comparison:-

[Image: ibmeFtx5pFpNob.jpg]

Try getting a log from the emulator until it crashes:-

1. Run the InfoLog.bat file in the ppsspp directory.

2. PPSSPP will launch in logging mode.

3. Run the game, and play it until it crashes.

4. The logfile will be produced in the ppsspp directory (ppsspplog.txt). Zip it up and attach it to your next reply.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
02-22-2014, 03:53 AM
(02-22-2014 01:53 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  @pondhop

I can't reproduce the crash myself on my machine.

Are you using the default settings? Try going back to default settings and play the game again.

Something looks really odd with your screenshot of the game, it seems like the menu options are cut off on the left hand side of the screen.

Here's what yours looks like:-

[Image: 12686161733_9fdea37d6d_o.png]

Try getting a log from the emulator until it crashes:-

I havent changed any of the settings, they may be different from the usual as I downloaded the latest version from orphis..

The menu is cut off because it doesnt always crash at that EXACT time, sometimes before I see the menu at all, and one time I saw the complete menu, but still crashed as soon as I could...

I did the log thing and zipped it, hope I did it properly...

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspplog.zip (Size: 9.25 KB / Downloads: 314)
02-22-2014, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014 08:56 AM by solarmystic.)
(02-22-2014 03:53 AM)pondhop Wrote:  I did the log thing and zipped it, hope I did it properly...

Thanks for the log, I don't see anything out of the ordinary there though.

I just recalled you're using an ATI card.

Just to be sure, is Catalyst A.I. disabled? This setting can cause issues for ATi cards when using PPSSPP.

Head to the Catalyst Control Panel, find the setting called Catalyst A.I. (in newer versions it's called Enable Surface Format Optimization), and turn it off.

One more thing you can do.

Make PPSSPP crash in Jeanne D'arc again, but this time, when it crashes, click on "show problem details at the bottom left corner of the "PPSSPP has stopped working box", highlight the details in that box, copy and paste it into your next reply.

An example (from a crash I triggered in an older build):-

[Image: ibgKmwmXHap1vH.jpg]

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
02-22-2014, 02:09 PM
(02-20-2014 05:48 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I think it's still hanging. I haven't gotten around to getting from that save to the cutscene, if someone gives me a save right at the end of the battle I'll probably get around to it sooner.
-[Unknown]

Hi, Unknown. I have just uploaded a quicksave for you. You have to use "Continue" and then "Resume Quicksave" (it will be deleted after doing that). You will be in the battle before the cutscene. Just kill the cleric/priest and you are there.

The cutscene seems to be ok, but it ends with a black screen and nothing more happens (the emulator doesn't respond either). It can be omitted with start/triangle so the game is still playable. I hope you can find a solution for this. Wink

You can download the quicksave from here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2lir1v

Good luck! Big Grin
02-22-2014, 06:56 PM
(02-22-2014 08:51 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(02-22-2014 03:53 AM)pondhop Wrote:  I did the log thing and zipped it, hope I did it properly...

I just recalled you're using an ATI card.

Just to be sure, is Catalyst A.I. disabled? This setting can cause issues for ATi cards when using PPSSPP.

Head to the Catalyst Control Panel, find the setting called Catalyst A.I. (in newer versions it's called Enable Surface Format Optimization), and turn it off.

One more thing you can do.

Make PPSSPP crash in Jeanne D'arc again, but this time, when it crashes, click on "show problem details at the bottom left corner of the "PPSSPP has stopped working box", highlight the details in that box, copy and paste it into your next reply.

Hey, it took me ahwile to find the amd control centre or whatever, but disabling the catalyst option worked! just finished my first entire battle with no problems Big Grin...

p.s I made it crash before I disabled it, and there is no option for me to show details

anyway thanks a lot Smile
02-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Okay, great. I got a JpcspTrace log from that and I have some ideas what might be wrong, I'm pretty sure it's in sceFont so it's time to build out tests for that stuff...

-[Unknown]
02-23-2014, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 04:12 AM by pondhop.)
FRIGGGGG.... so im having problems again... the game is crashing like before (I got by it but still happens randomly in this area, also said area is not visible...) I can tell im walking around (possibly a world map) but I cant see it, its all black... heres a printscreen of when it was freezing, and when I finally got by it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115575276@N05/

also, how do I just post photos like you guys so I dont have to always upload em to flickr?

ALSO also, I just tried to play the third mission (after picking it blindly in the dark world map), where I first get to place my units, after I place them and "start mission" it goes to a never-ending loading screen.... crashes when I minimize it, but when I keep it open it just never stops trying to load :/

am I destined to never play this game? Sad

yupp... just found out I can buy it on ps3... thanks for all the help up till now guys, bye Smile

....I take it back... apparently I just wasted 15 bucks on buying it only to find out its for psp... what the gently caress
02-23-2014, 07:58 AM
(02-22-2014 07:38 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Okay, great. I got a JpcspTrace log from that and I have some ideas what might be wrong, I'm pretty sure it's in sceFont so it's time to build out tests for that stuff...

-[Unknown]

Also, does anyone know if this works in JPCSP? I've spent some time digging into sceFont and improved a lot of differences, but I can't figure out how what the game is doing is working. Whenever I try it, even on a real PSP, it doesn't work, and I've tried to match it as closely as possible.

I must be missing something...

-[Unknown]
02-23-2014, 10:49 PM
I am running the latest 0.9.7.2 android version. When in game play, all the characters as well as the background are black.
02-24-2014, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 03:33 AM by Buko Pandan.)
(02-06-2014 03:21 AM)kruxer Wrote:  After the 2nd (I think) battle of Orleans, the toad swallows 2 skill stones and forms a new one. I believe it's the beggining of the alchemy or stuff thingy. It's a few hours into the game. But, after I get the "You created 'Sniper' by combining" the game freezes and sort of fades the message almost completely, but it doesn't continue.

I finally finished the game using the Windows version of the emulator, after skipping the scene with a freeze bug mentioned by "kruxer" everything went smoothly until up to the ending and clear data save creation part.

The only cons I experienced while playing it using the official 0.9.7.2 running in my Integrated Intel are:

1. I have to use frameskip at 1 in order to play at reasonable framerate.
2. and the game lags heavily when the camera view zooms out from the battle map and when deploying characters before start of combat (Even at x1 Rendering Resolution.)

But other than those,I see no other problems,the game can be played up to the ending credits using the official 0.9.7.2 version.

Here's the device I've used

Sony VAIO Loptop
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Intel Core i3 CPU 2.6Ghz (4 CPU's)
4 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics Integrated - Version 8.15.10.2827
OpenGl 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2827
GLSL 1.20 - Intel Build 8.15.10.2827

And here's a few screenshots I've tooked during the ending credits as evidence,pardon the spoiler.

Thank you very much for making this game playable (On my Windows at least ^_^)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
02-24-2014, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 09:23 AM by sergio_zar.)
(02-22-2014 07:38 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I've spent some time digging into sceFont and improved a lot of differences, but I can't figure out how what the game is doing is working. Whenever I try it, even on a real PSP, it doesn't work, and I've tried to match it as closely as possible.

I must be missing something...

-[Unknown]

And you must have found out what it was, because now it works well and the cutscene doesn't crash with 9.7.2-85. Thank you, great work! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

There are some problems with odd framerate (40/40 100%) and sudden slowness with short jumps to 20/15 at the beginning of the enemy's turn., but the game is perfectly playable. Big Grin
02-25-2014, 04:53 AM
Bug: Missing effects, The effect that indicates a Unified Guard link seems to be broken. Unified Guards can still be triggered so its a minor issue but without it you can't see who's linked up. It should show as blue circles of light around the characters but currently you see nothing.

02-25-2014, 09:01 PM
Firstly, this is the best emulator on Android and I've tried nearly all of them. I bought the Gold version after only trying it for about five minutes. I'm using an Nvidia Shield, which doesn't have proper OpenGL ES 3 support (which is baffling). Is there any possibility of a fix for the invisible characters coming that will work with GLES 2? It's a shame I can't play this game as the Shield works really great with this emulator for most games. Thanks for the excellent emulator!
02-27-2014, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 04:48 AM by gueber.)
Somethings not quite right between build 96 and 110 font was actually broken as opposed to improved as the commits would suggest see screenshot.

Edit* Font was good in build 106 so its narrowed down to this commit:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/commi...c853f16d8b