Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
best GBA emulator for android
09-27-2014, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 07:05 AM by JuissiFIN.)
RE: best GBA emulator for android
My Boy! is very good, but it's not free. (or maybe it is ;D ) It's only gba emulator i have ever used.
And, it works well on older devices, like zte blade 2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2014, 05:48 PM
I beat shining force resurrection of the dark dragon with gba.emu, emulators by this developer offer good (if not the best) quality.

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
09-27-2014, 07:36 PM
(09-27-2014 05:48 PM)vitality19 Wrote:  I beat shining force resurrection of the dark dragon with gba.emu, emulators by this developer offer good (if not the best) quality.
l love gba.emu also.

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
09-28-2014, 04:04 AM
My Boy is the best, because it has netplay support.

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
09-30-2014, 01:03 AM
I have not used My Boy so i do not know whether it's the best for emu, but i do really think JXD s7800b is a good android game handheld for retro games. I bought it because i love retro games. And so far, the GB games i tested on it run without lagging. Hope this can help you.
Anyway, go and find one you love and works well in emulator games.
09-30-2014, 10:49 AM
(09-30-2014 01:03 AM)sunflowers Wrote:  I have not used My Boy so i do not know whether it's the best for emu, but i do really think JXD s7800b is a good android game handheld for retro games. I bought it because i love retro games. And so far, the GB games i tested on it run without lagging. Hope this can help you.
Anyway, go and find one you love and works well in emulator games.

Yeah! But witch emulator you’re using!? We are talking about emulators, not devices!! LOL

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Which gba games do you guys recommend? I don't like pokemon. I liked DBZ: Buus Fury and Legacy of Goku 1 and 2 on my GBA. I tried them on an android emulator a while back (don't remember which one) but something was off with the punching. What were supposed to be really easy fights in the very beginning of the games were nearly impossible because everyone else punched me before I could hit them first.
10-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Mario Kart Big Grin Well it's not like Forza but it's fun anyway.
10-03-2014, 09:06 PM
(10-03-2014 06:11 PM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  Which gba games do you guys recommend? I don't like pokemon. I liked DBZ: Buus Fury and Legacy of Goku 1 and 2 on my GBA. I tried them on an android emulator a while back (don't remember which one) but something was off with the punching. What were supposed to be really easy fights in the very beginning of the games were nearly impossible because everyone else punched me before I could hit them first.
for the punshing , that a normal thing because its the system gameplay of DBZ Legacy 2 and buus Fury , you need to run and hit , then hide or use ki blast... Wink

If you are a fan of rpg , i will recommand Golden sun, one of the best role playing game on the system
Also you can play the sequel : Golden sun The Lost Age
and for my others recommandation , you should play :
- summon night sordcraft story 1 and 2
- urbz sims in the city
- fire emblem (both games)
- advance war 2
- Zelda - The Minish Cap
- Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories

those are the most playable and enjyable and easy games to handle on the emulator , the lis is long , it just i can't remember them all right nows.. Big Grin

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
10-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Oh yeah I remember minish cap. I got to the last or second to last dungeon and my game kept crashing so I was never able to finish it.

No the punching wasn't a normal thing. I perfected all of those games on a gameboy advanced SP (which I still have.. I lost the charger though). The punching was definitely off in the emulated version. I was rarely able to punch anyone. For some reason enemies constantly punched me first. It was as if they had a greater range or the emulator wasnt responding to my inputs in time.

On the GBA versions I almost always hit enemies first and sometimes even locked them against walls and kept punching them over and over. With the emulator I was lucky to land a single punch. That was a huge problem in legacy of goku 2 but buu's fury worked much better. Not sure what was up with that.
10-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Besides Minish Cap, A link to the Past is also amazing. Actually, the best 2D Zelda in the market!!

About the crashing, it’s really strange!! I just finished minish cap in a emulator. I started playing on a symbian GBA emulator, and then, I transferred the saves to a android and finished it on My Boy!

It should work!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
10-08-2014, 01:42 PM
My boy is awesome I play GBA multiplayer
Pokemon fire red and emerald
Still trying to beat the battle frontier Tongue

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
10-13-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 06:21 AM by JimKevin.)
My Andriod gamepad is jxd.not stuck.May be you will like it.
And I think you should watch some tesing clips of your target before you purchase it.

My favourite is play games with my JXDS7800b!
I like SuperMario!Coz,It's fun!
Lakers fan!I love the Bigshot of Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowitzki.And curry is also a great player~
12-13-2017, 08:22 AM
The best emulator for the Android user is Drastic; It's paid. I'm using this, but I forget how much it costs me, but it worth the price. If you want to try its free alternative, then boycott advance emulator is best.
06-16-2020, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2020 09:19 PM by ninep.)
For me, the GameBoid is one of the best GameBoy Advance emulators for android and now after the update, the emulator is still good. Then there is the John GBA, good but not like GameBoid. is there any 3rd option for the GBA android emulator?