Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC - HD ver.
05-22-2014, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 06:08 AM by Varda Elbereth.)
Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC - HD ver.
This has been discussed somewhat here:
    github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/1494
But I don't think it's been resolved? I can get to the menu, but not into the game itself.

Name: 英雄伝説VI空の軌跡FC改HD Edition (Sora no Kiseki FC HD/Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky HD)
Genre: RPG
Region: JP
Type: EBOOT
Version: 0.9.8 Gold and 0.9.8-718-g56bea03
Game ID: ULJM05170
Notes: Emulator crashes. exdata issue?
Screenshot::
    s30.postimg.org/g32viphtt/ULJM05170_00002.jpg
Logs:
    pastebin.com/PWMbb46Q (the windows crash log)
    pastebin.com/4D7sVU1k (the PPSSPP log)

System:
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    16gb DDR3 RAM
    2x Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (SLI 2048mb)
    Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (Sandy Bridge)
    Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-e
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 06:12 AM
RE: Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-22-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 02:31 PM by Varda Elbereth.)
(05-22-2014 06:12 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.

Should this be merged? They're two separate games with separate problems.

Mine is specifically talking about the HD Remastered copy. I can't get nearly as far into the game as the people playing the vanilla PSP one (they seem able to actually start it).

I mean if you want it merged, that's totally fine, but yeah. Earlier on in the thread you talked about not merging the JP and US copies, so I think it might make sense not to merge the HD Remaster and the Vanilla copies.
05-22-2014, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 02:56 PM by vnctdj.)
Oh, OK, I'm sorry, I didn't notice that your thread was about the HD Remastered version Undecided

I will split this thread right now Smile

Thread split and renamed.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-23-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC - HD ver.
AFAIK this one requires code changes currently to enable the remaster memory and etc. There's also something about exdata...

-[Unknown]
08-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Maybe im confused. I thought the HD remasters where only for ps3. How does one remaster something in HD for a system that doesnt do HD and is the same hardware? Wtf even changed?

Also unless you're playing this on a mobile device whats the point in even playing the psp version.

The xseed PC version is the best version of the game released more so than any Japanese release as it has the most features including all the back ported features from the psp version and the high res assets of the ps3 version are coming as a free update as well.
08-01-2014, 07:03 PM
HD Remasters on PS3 are just upscaled PSP games running in the PS3's PSP emulator (with the option of loading slightly higher quality textures), which emulates having more RAM than even a PSP Slim (2000/3000/Go). One valid reason to play this over the PC version is financial: If you already purchased the game, and don't feel like re-buying it on a new platform, simply play your investment in an emulator so you can use it regardless of platform.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-02-2014, 04:04 AM
(08-01-2014 07:03 PM)TheDax Wrote:  HD Remasters on PS3 are just upscaled PSP games running in the PS3's PSP emulator (with the option of loading slightly higher quality textures), which emulates having more RAM than even a PSP Slim (2000/3000/Go). One valid reason to play this over the PC version is financial: If you already purchased the game, and don't feel like re-buying it on a new platform, simply play your investment in an emulator so you can use it regardless of platform.

Well maybe im still confused. I see nothing about HD remasters on psp so wtf is this person talking about?

How does someone even remaster a game on the same original hardware it was released?
10-22-2014, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 12:44 AM by Varda Elbereth.)
(08-01-2014 06:48 PM)Clessy Wrote:  Maybe im confused. I thought the HD remasters where only for ps3. How does one remaster something in HD for a system that doesnt do HD and is the same hardware? Wtf even changed?

Also unless you're playing this on a mobile device whats the point in even playing the psp version.

The xseed PC version is the best version of the game released more so than any Japanese release as it has the most features including all the back ported features from the psp version and the high res assets of the ps3 version are coming as a free update as well.

If I may? I am friends with the head translator of the XSeed version and we've worked together on other projects before that one. I'm also friends with their head beta tester on that project. So I know the quality of that version very well - it's great!

That said, however, I speak Japanese fluently and would prefer to play the game (which I did purchase) on my PC so I don't have to boot up my PS3 constantly. Additionally, you can upscale it even further and make it look even better on PPSSPP. I'd also like to play it on the go - on my laptop!

Beyond that, FC/SC/3rd have a feature where your saves can be imported into the next of the series. I don't know if that will be possible in the Steam version or not - or even if they'll come out with 3rd (SC is apparently in the works as the licensing was already settled when they settled FC's, but FC's sales have been poor so 3rd is unlikely in the US).

There's a lot of reason still to play the definitive version of the game - the PS3 HD version. Or, even if you somehow think the PC version is better, and that's fine I suppose, there's still a reason to play the definitive Japanese version. We're not all English speakers and some of us who are also speak a foreign language quite well and would like to enjoy the games in that environment either for practice or entertainment (or both, let's keep it real).

I should also say... I have been communicating with BlackDaemon (who is wonderful) and he's managed to get it working, though I cannot duplicate his results. Here is what I've done so far...

1. Extract Eboot.pbp and Document.pbp from DATA000.pkg with PSP PKG HD Remaster decrypter by LMAN
2. Extract all other files from DATA000.pkg with PKGView by Ifcaro
3. Run encrypted edat files through the TrueAncestor edat batch-mode decrypter using the key 0DB85732366CD734FC879E743343BB4F
4. Renamed all .DAT files to remove .DAT extension (ie c_stchr0.itp.DAT->c_stchr0.itp) [used cygwin to do programmatically]
5. Placed resulting data directory into ppssppgold/memstick and jcpsp/exdata.
6. Grab ULJM-05170.iso from Eboot.pbp via PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor 1.83
7. Load ULJM-05170.iso into ppsspp via menu
8. Try to select "Start" via in-game menu
9. PPSSPP crashes

Or

7. Put iso's path into JPCSP
8. Load ULJM-05170.iso into jpcsp via UMD image selector
9. Try to select "Start" via in-game menu
10. JPCSP 'pauses' and does not unpause when pressing 'run' again
02-15-2016, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2016 01:52 AM by YamashitaRen.)
Just a little follow up to confirm that Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Kai is working.

Here are steps that I followed :
1. Extract Eboot.pbp and Document.pbp from DATA000.pkg with PSP PKG HD Remaster decrypter by LMAN
2. Extract the EXDATA dir from DATA000.pkg with PKGView by Ifcaro
3. Put the content of the EXDATA dir in memstick/exdata/ULJM05353 (on Linux, you should have .config/ppsspp/exdata/ULJM05353/data_3rd/...)
4. Decrypt all the .EDAT files in the data_3rd's subdirs. (Decrypted files shouldn't have the EDAT extension : file.ext.EDAT > file.ext)
5. Optionally, you can convert the Eboot.pbp into an iso with PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor 1.83
6. Start the game from the .pbp or the .iso

Everything but the movies (which are silently skipped) seems to work fine Smile
05-28-2016, 08:43 PM
I believe that FC/SC/3rd all go in game now, although they may still have problems (and I believe the videos are skipped.)

-[Unknown]
07-09-2022, 06:56 PM
Is the third chapter with english patch?