Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
02-25-2013, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 06:43 AM by sfageas.)
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Hey there forum users, new user here.

I just found the PPSSPP (PSP Emulator) software yesterday and it works fairly well. Though I only have one game to test it with, and that's Pixel Junk's Monsters. Fun game to.

The emulator needs more options for graphics control. I know this game can work better but, as it is now it's missing some of its graphical elements. An example would be the trees in the game, they appear as just shadows, no textures. I've looked up and down the user options and have turned things on and off, with no luck on resolving the issue. The fact that it plays at all is amazing. Here are some screen prints I made just for this post.

Title Screen:

[Image: Title.jpg]

Map Select Screen:

[Image: Maps.jpg]

Stage Selection Screen (with options exposed)

[Image: Options.jpg]

In Game Action (where you can see the missing textures)

[Image: In_Game.jpg]

Is there any work being done on the emulator at this point or has work went stagnant with the project? I bet ole Sony is about to shit a brick.
BTW I tried it with both the commercial release and a decrypted copy from the internet, both worked the same.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Pixel Junk Monsters Thread
Actually, it's improved greatly recently. Until like this past week, you could not even see the main character so the game was unplayable. At this point, I think it's playable but yes, the misising trees makes it hard.

Haven't yet found the cause, but definitely progress is continuing. FWIW, this is a game I regularly test my changes with.

-[Unknown]
02-25-2013, 08:22 PM
(02-25-2013 08:16 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Actually, it's improved greatly recently. Until like this past week, you could not even see the main character so the game was unplayable. At this point, I think it's playable but yes, the misising trees makes it hard.

Haven't yet found the cause, but definitely progress is continuing. FWIW, this is a game I regularly test my changes with.

-[Unknown]

Right on, well it's nice to know someone who knows more about programming than I ever will is working on it. I'll have to keep an eye out for new releases of the emulator.

Your right about it not working at all before. I had tried one of the slightly older builds and it only showed the title screen. This is one game that I think will work very well with high compatibility, what ever the developers did to the emulator, keep it up. IT's working! Just gotta fix those darn trees Smile
04-21-2013, 06:43 AM
broken when you try to write your name and the weird spikes bug with the latest builds

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-21-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Oops, thanks for pointing that out.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1420

-[Unknown]
04-22-2013, 02:55 PM
added to compatibility list

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
04-23-2013, 10:39 AM
The game has no sound on ipad 3 v0.7.6-1
04-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Version: v0.7.6-227-g35b6d27
Game ID: UCUS98739

Finally doesn't crash on the name input screen, trees are visible, works at full speed, but without sound.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
great!looks lovely Smile
01-29-2014, 03:05 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Update: On Windows 7 (x86) Using the Euro Mini, on v0.9.6-683-g3249a9a.

Game looks & sounds perfect still, no change.