Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Windows XP support officialy ends today.
04-11-2014, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 01:48 PM by Raimoo.)
RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today.
(04-10-2014 12:07 AM)karry299 Wrote:  >due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Pfft. Bwahahaha !
When did something like that ever matter ? Are there actually people in the world who thought "oh no, now Microsoft wont release any more security update, tomorrow i will be swarmed with thousands of viruses !!!"
Are there really silly people like that ?
Do viruses still exist even ? I used to be paranoid about security, but now it's been nearly a decade since i last used antivirus software, and anything more than the simplest firewall available, and nothing bad ever happened.

Even if Microsoft discontinued its support on XP, if you are able to maintain it yourself, then its okay. But i bet it wont be able to last long. Antivirus wont be able to protect new viruses for sure. Once it got hit by a virus, you can't fix it anymore. So if you need to use it, use it until you have enough money to buy a New OS.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 10:13 AM
go with windows 7 , the best OS for me right now , video games running full speed , also emulator like Pcsx2 , PPSSPP , Desmume.. working great with no problem or crash.

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
(04-12-2014 10:13 AM)slamandar Wrote:  go with windows 7 , the best OS for me right now , video games running full speed , also emulator like Pcsx2 , PPSSPP , Desmume.. working great with no problem or crash.

And with my 2st PC : 448 Mb ram, 64 mb video & Pentium Dual Core 3.3 Ghz
Win 7 or more will be crashed Sleepy

Windows 7 is not the best, because lot usage ram... and Aero is bad... Classic is more better and fast!

Now with my PC Gaming, I have Win7 ok but I don't change my accustomed!
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/82749240a.jpg

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
04-12-2014, 11:42 AM
(04-12-2014 10:54 AM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 10:13 AM)slamandar Wrote:  go with windows 7 , the best OS for me right now , video games running full speed , also emulator like Pcsx2 , PPSSPP , Desmume.. working great with no problem or crash.

And with my 2st PC : 448 Mb ram, 64 mb video & Pentium Dual Core 3.3 Ghz
Win 7 or more will be crashed Sleepy

Windows 7 is not the best, because lot usage ram... and Aero is bad... Classic is more better and fast!

Now with my PC Gaming, I have Win7 ok but I don't change my accustomed!
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/82749240a.jpg

and in Windows 8, people complaint as to why change from Aero to Metro interface lol....

Oh well suit yourself guys. Whether to keep using Windows XP or upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, it's all up to you. Just bear in mind you will have compatibility issue if you keep using Windows XP in the near future, along with safety and stability issues that may arise if you didn't maintain your Win XP properly.

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
04-12-2014, 05:13 PM
in some country , people use cracked/hacked Windows XP with no update because its free and they don't feel any deffence ....

04-12-2014, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 05:27 PM by tiktakt0w.)
(04-12-2014 11:42 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  and in Windows 8, people complaint as to why change from Aero to Metro interface lol....

Oh well suit yourself guys. Whether to keep using Windows XP or upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, it's all up to you. Just bear in mind you will have compatibility issue if you keep using Windows XP in the near future, along with safety and stability issues that may arise if you didn't maintain your Win XP properly.

Basically This ^. I don't see the reason as to why people say that "older" is "better" or "faster" when it comes to software.

Sure, not every new update will be everyone's cup of tea but the point is, Manufacturers/Programmers update their code to make it more efficient and squash pending bugs whilst adding more features.

Windows XP is not really "faster" nor "better" than 7. The only reason as to why I see people lingering to it is that, some software that they use doesn't work properly or does not work at all in Vista/7/8. If people likes the "classic" look of XP, then why not just tweak Windows 7 to look like XP while having the benefit of a leaner and more secure OS altogether.

In my own opinion, Vista started the "plug and play" age wherein you just have to plug your peripherals and let windows install the required drivers. Never has it been easier to not look for them missing driver installation CD's.

Most probably, those people who says that Windows 7/8 is worse than XP are those with ancient computer rigs with outdated processors, measly amount of HDD space and RAM. Of course! For Christ's sake. Our experience will only take us as far as what our hardware can give.

That does not necessarily mean that you need to dump your rig when a new version of your current OS arrives. It's just that, there comes a time when we need to let go of our old companion (Uhh, your old PC) and adopt to a more recent piece of technology, to ensure maximum productivity in the highest of efficiency.

Just my two cents.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
04-12-2014, 10:59 PM
(04-12-2014 05:13 PM)slamandar Wrote:  in some country , people use cracked/hacked Windows XP with no update because its free and they don't feel any deffence ....
In China, more than 65% users use IE 5.0 or 6.0 Wink

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
04-13-2014, 12:18 AM
(04-12-2014 10:59 PM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 05:13 PM)slamandar Wrote:  in some country , people use cracked/hacked Windows XP with no update because its free and they don't feel any deffence ....

Huh

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
04-15-2014, 08:43 AM
(04-13-2014 12:18 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 10:59 PM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  

Huh

Do you mean they still using internet explorer ??!!

why any one want to stick with that ugly browser ? they have lot of alternative like downloading firefox...

04-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Yeah man, Internet Explorer is awful. I use Opera.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I like XP, it is the best Windows version ever.
The reason to use Windows 7 is the hardware support, which includes drivers and Directx 11.
Directx 11 is not important for me, because the system requirements of games that use it are way high. Big Grin
I do not know Windows 8, but it seems it is as terrible as Vista.

Everything that comes with Windows is pretty useless (Internet Explorer and other things that I have never executed). Everything that I execute is things that I had to install.

Any Windows is not secure, no matter if it is new or old. Anti-virus are not perfect and may fail.
If the number of users of a system decreases, the number of viruses will also decrease.
If you want a secure system, use Linux. Smile Lubuntu 14 LTS will be released this month.
04-15-2014, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 07:21 PM by Raimoo.)
(04-15-2014 04:36 PM)Squall Wrote:  I do not know Windows 8, but it seems it is as terrible as Vista.

If you have tried Windows 8.1, this doesn't look like Vista at all.

The good part of Windows 8.1 is that its use less RAM and it boots very fast.

The bad part of Windows 8.1 is the Metro UI, which pretty much receive a lot of criticism from Windows users because they don't find it user-friendly and quite hard to interact with.

Honestly, I would use those Free OS if all i ever do is work and programming. Gaming doesn't seem perfect for those Free OS even with Wine support. If you like gaming, Windows is better since most games are build using Windows platform.

The reason Linux is more secure is that Windows because basically no one ever attempt to try to put a virus in a Linux OS lol.

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
04-15-2014, 07:33 PM
(04-15-2014 07:21 PM)Raimoo Wrote:  The reason Linux is more secure is that Windows because basically no one ever attempt to try to put a virus in a Linux OS lol.

You should read this Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-16-2014, 01:09 AM
The Linux viruses suffer from incompatibility in different distros. There can be difference in directories or in the version of shared libraries and there can be lack of dependencies. ^_^
04-16-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 03:50 PM by vnctdj.)
Ahah Wink

I agree that there are less viruses on Linux than on Windows but saying that there are no viruses on Linux is wrong Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2