Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
06-07-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 10:45 PM by BagusThanatos.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(06-07-2013 12:07 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  That's very strange and very interesting. Here's a question: if you have display raw framebuffer OFF, and while the video is playing but not visible you either resize your window or savestate, does it start showing?

Doing either of those things resets FBOs (which is not a fast thing to do, although it's also done naturally when we detect it needs to be.)

-[Unknown]

Dude, it works! Big Grin

I resized my window and it start showing the cutscene Big Grin

cool Big Grin
Oh, yeah. I'm still using 0.7.6 1161

sorry for my bad english..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Just so I'm clear, for the latest GIT builds (No specific one, though I did test it on the latest), the audio is supposed to be REALLY off, right?
06-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Hmm, yes, there seem to be some sound effect problems...

At least the videos now show fine.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2013, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 06:19 AM by Silpheed.)
It sounds like, for the background music, there are two different soundtracks trying to play over each other, or something like that.

Also since the latest build I got today (v0.7.6-1214-g5335416) there is extra slowdown in the game. Before in previous builds, it would run okay despite it's normal slowdown coded into the game, but now anytime something new appears on the screen (a new menu, thunder in the background, the camera pans out), the game will severely slow down and stutter.

Just some info, in case this helps someone look into something.
06-09-2013, 06:30 AM
Hmm, that's strange. Can you double check an old build? It kinda sounds like you may have enabled texture scaling or filtering.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2013, 07:35 AM
(06-09-2013 06:30 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, that's strange. Can you double check an old build? It kinda sounds like you may have enabled texture scaling or filtering.

-[Unknown]

Ah yes, I did enable texture scaling to x2 to help smooth the pixels. After turning it off, the slowdown goes away, but in parts that it would slowdown, the audio stutters.

Also with whatever sounds are playing over the background music, I can't tell what they are, I don't recognize them from other parts of the game. This only occurs during the gameplay itself- cutscenes/fmvs play smooth and right.
06-09-2013, 07:49 PM
For the sound, I observe that, while the FMVs play flawlessly (Win32, latest GIT), the audio issues occur everywhere else. THe background music is either horribly balanced and playing something that's muted in the original, or playing something wrong, and the actual sound effects are wrong and often too loud (For instance, the textual vocal effects overpower the background music, while in the game proper they are very quiet).
06-09-2013, 09:08 PM
(06-09-2013 07:49 PM)Furby Wrote:  For the sound, I observe that, while the FMVs play flawlessly (Win32, latest GIT), the audio issues occur everywhere else. THe background music is either horribly balanced and playing something that's muted in the original, or playing something wrong, and the actual sound effects are wrong and often too loud (For instance, the textual vocal effects overpower the background music, while in the game proper they are very quiet).

That has been my obversvation as well. I have tested it off a US version, a Euro version, and off my own copy I bought from the PS Store.

Also: There is a known fix for the coded slowdown that is present in the game (a slowdown unrelated to emulation). If I patch it directly to an iso, the slowdown fix works on my PSP, but in emulation, it plays with the slowdown, as if it is not patched.

I don't know what the odd music and the patch ignoring have to do with the emulator, but I'll try to research whatever I can to find out why it's doing this- with the music in particular.

A secondary thought I had to the emulator was, this game has another way to fix the slowdown patch, involving editing a file the PSP Firmware, in seplugins/GAME.TXT to add ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1, and creating a folder called livepatch at the root of your memory stick and put the file livepatch.prx inside this folder.

Though with an emulator, I don't think there's a way to duplicate this process, so I was going to stick with patching the iso itself. I can't understand why the patch would be ignored when played through the emulator though, since it actually changes some of the code. It's confused me!
06-09-2013, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 11:12 PM by Furby.)
(06-09-2013 09:08 PM)Silpheed Wrote:  (Cut Patch Talk)

I've never seen the iso-patch version of this, only the Live Patch. Can you post me a link?
06-10-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 07:57 AM by Silpheed.)
Unknown, we're almost there!! Your latest build, v0.7.6-1250-gb7152c2, has slightly muffled some of the extra sound effects. They're still there, but it sounds like they are trying to be muted. Still obvious enough to cloud the background music, but some of the extra sounds that shouldn't be there are cut off (not fully gone, but cut off quick), which is a good start.

Secondly, since the 1250 version, the isos I have patched with the slowdown fix now work smooth! Ah, this is great. Progress~

For Furby, ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.0 - in this thread is a Slowdown Mark 2 and, on the last page, Mark 3. This is for the Euro version. Someone in the last page of the thread posted a patch for the US version (note, there is no iso here, only a patch to change the code of the slowdown)

edit: build v0.7.6-1260-gd8618e5 has almost completely fixed the sound issue of this game. There are no longer two musics playing over each other. There seems to be an extra sound effect that plays after every button press/command, like an echo, but not the same sound. Trival issue though considering how well the music plays now.

Texture Scaling even to x2 seems to cause slowdown, and if turned off, there is some audio hiccups where it would have slowed down, but this also is a minor issue only.
06-10-2013, 07:57 AM
try again, some more audio related issues that would allow sounds to hang onforever just got fixed.
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Just tried with v0.7.6-1267-gc98d2eb. While the sound isn't as hilariously bad as before, we're still looking at the text scrolling sound being to loud (This could just be me not remembering how loud it's supposed to be, but I think I'd remember that), the selection noise being extended and sounding off, and the background music being off (I don't have a definition for it... Elongated is the closest thing I can come up with).
06-10-2013, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 10:26 PM by bellcross1.)
Using v.0.7.6 - 1176 - gc2dcebf
Game version EU ULES 00850
Playing these games without sound so can't comment on that, but I had no problems whatsoever up until the end of the 2nd battle(the battle after the church.). Had to turn Buffered Rendering off at the start of the cutscene for it to show and then turn it back on immediately after the cutscene started for the game to continue after the cutscene, which was hardly a problem. Went through the second battle without problems, except after the battle ends it shows the loot I got, screen turns black and ppsspp completely crashes. I can now no longer even start the game as it immediately crashes the emulator. Can't even get a log cause' of it. Sometimes it loads the game properly but then crashes again at exactly the same point and then I can't even start the game again for some reason.

Edit: K, forgot to add a // in the games cheat page, so now I can start the game properly, but still crashes the emu after the loot list at the end of the 2nd battle.
Edit 2: Had to change to interpreter for the emulator not to crash and managed to check the log, its the same thing that happens to Stark777 in page 6 of this thread. Keeps listing hundreds/thousands of invalid addresses.
06-19-2013, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 12:18 AM by makotech222.)
Does anyone else get a crash after the first battle. Something in the debug log about not being able to access a memory address, spamming multiple times.

Edit: HA, should've looked one page back. Okay then, guess its still in the works.
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 12:56 PM by combusken.)
Game runs smoothly, even with texture scaling on.

Can only get to the second battle, with the same error at MemmapFunctions.cpp line 91 in ReadFromHardware: Invalid address ********.

Game just closed immediately with Fast Memory turned ON.

Maybe there's a problem with displaying the world map? Because, with PSP it has a several seconds delay.