forums.PPSSPP.org
The Freedom Wall Thread - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: The Freedom Wall Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9862)

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Goddess of Death - 06-24-2014 05:46 AM

not possible? < ( T~T ) >

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Raimoo - 06-24-2014 10:42 AM

but screenshots can XD

not sure about the pictures tho, some games does allow you to save picture and wallpaper o.o
video and BGM i'm not sure

Usually people extract those media using a computer o.o

and i bet he/she has high computer skill >.<

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Goddess of Death - 06-24-2014 01:04 PM

i can extract? so maybe i just study how? :3

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Obi55 - 06-24-2014 07:36 PM

Maybe.

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Raimoo - 06-25-2014 02:05 AM

i heard you can use real PSP to extract media from PSP games. I'm not sure :o

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - barbanium - 06-25-2014 02:33 AM

(06-24-2014 01:04 PM)Goddess of Death Wrote:  i can extract? so maybe i just study how? :3

Have you tried UMDGen? Big Grin

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - TheDax - 06-25-2014 04:57 AM

It would vary wildly based on the game. If it stores all of its files in one huge archive for example, you'd have to reverse engineer the archive to see how it's compressed (if at all), encrypted (if at all), how files are stored (if it's not a proprietary format), and then look at the files themselves to determine what sort of format they are. Basically, UMDGen won't help you do any of that, except get the file(s) it/themselves. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to use an emulator (e.g. PPSSPP) to dump media files to disk (there's debug code that's not activated to do some of this; for example, there's code somewhere in the Media Engine code to dump video frames we play to file, iirc), or record audio (though you'd need a device or PC powerful enough to both emulate and record at the same time, and an additional program, since I don't think there's code in PPSSPP to dump audio).

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Goddess of Death - 06-25-2014 07:16 AM

it's complicated Rin-chan >(×_×)>
my brain collapse...

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Raimoo - 06-25-2014 08:27 AM

(06-25-2014 04:57 AM)TheDax Wrote:  It would vary wildly based on the game. If it stores all of its files in one huge archive for example, you'd have to reverse engineer the archive to see how it's compressed (if at all), encrypted (if at all), how files are stored (if it's not a proprietary format), and then look at the files themselves to determine what sort of format they are. Basically, UMDGen won't help you do any of that, except get the file(s) it/themselves. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to use an emulator (e.g. PPSSPP) to dump media files to disk (there's debug code that's not activated to do some of this; for example, there's code somewhere in the Media Engine code to dump video frames we play to file, iirc), or record audio (though you'd need a device or PC powerful enough to both emulate and record at the same time, and an additional program, since I don't think there's code in PPSSPP to dump audio).

I remember PPSSPP has that media dump feature in it but i don't know how to use it X.X

JCPSP looks too complicated to even launch a game into it x.x

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Obi55 - 06-25-2014 11:57 AM

Goddess of Death Wrote:it's complicated Rin-chan ((╬ಠิ﹏ಠิ)
my brain collapse...
Lol, I knew you'd say that.

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Raimoo - 06-25-2014 01:04 PM

(06-25-2014 11:57 AM)Obi55 Wrote:  
Goddess of Death Wrote:it's complicated Rin-chan ((╬ಠิ﹏ಠิ)
my brain collapse...
Lol, I knew you'd say that.

LOL why did you change her smiley? she didn't write that kind of smiley...

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Obi55 - 06-25-2014 01:05 PM

It was funny. XD

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Goddess of Death - 06-25-2014 02:14 PM

hmmp. baka.

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - barbanium - 06-25-2014 02:25 PM

Or this: [Link Removed] Big Grin

Mod edit: Please don't link to warez sites..

RE: The Freedom Wall Thread - Goddess of Death - 06-25-2014 02:51 PM

^ ( 0_o ) ^ exe file to use?no link, not work?

why is things very complicated??? Dodgy