forums.PPSSPP.org
Font folder for PPSSPP on android - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Font folder for PPSSPP on android (/showthread.php?tid=9284)

Font folder for PPSSPP on android - Gurlok - 02-12-2014 06:07 PM

As the title of the thread says, I'm looking for the flash0/font folder of PPSSPP on android platform. I'm making some tests with monster hunter freedom unite and with the buffered rendering + 1x PSP resolution size combo I can't really read anything on a 5 inch phone screen, so I was going to dump and use the psp original font to get past this problem (I'm not even sure this will solve anything, but still I'd like to try). Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - solarmystic - 02-12-2014 08:10 PM

@Gurlok

1. Find the location of the SAVEDATA folder in your Android device. (Where your PSP/PPSSPP saves are stored. I wish I could be more specific but I don't have an Android device, I'm basing this on the way it works on the iPad/iOS devices which is roughly around the same ballpark)

2. Go up one folder level to the PSP folder.

3. That's the place where you'll place the flash0/font folder you've just dumped from your PSP. It will override the original flash0/font folder of the PPSSPP's apk that you've installed to your Android device. (PPSSPP will prioritize the fonts from that location before reading it's own packaged fonts). That way each time you upgrade your PPSSPP version, you don't have to replace the fonts each time.

4. So the final folder structure would be
Code:
.../PSP/flash0/font

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - vnctdj - 02-12-2014 09:25 PM

(02-12-2014 08:10 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  @Gurlok

1. Find the location of the SAVEDATA folder in your Android device. (Where your PSP/PPSSPP saves are stored. I wish I could be more specific but I don't have an Android device, I'm basing this on the way it works on the iPad/iOS devices which is roughly around the same ballpark)

3. That's the place where you'll place the flash0/font folder you've just dumped from your PSP. It will override the original flash0/font folder of the PPSSPP's apk that you've installed to your Android device. (PPSSPP will prioritize the fonts from that location before reading it's own packaged fonts). That way each time you upgrade your PPSSPP version, you don't have to replace the fonts each time.

Code:
.../PSP/flash0/font

Does this method work for the "lang" folder on Android devices too ?

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - TheDax - 02-12-2014 09:31 PM

No, I'm pretty sure only the fonts and shaders are set up to do this.

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - vnctdj - 02-12-2014 09:34 PM

Hmmm...
It's a pity for testing new translations only related to Android then Undecided

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - TheDax - 02-12-2014 09:39 PM

I think it'd be pretty easy to add it in. Maybe I'll look into it tonight. Smile

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - vnctdj - 02-12-2014 09:50 PM

Thank you ! Smile

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - Gurlok - 02-12-2014 09:51 PM

(02-12-2014 08:10 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  @Gurlok

Code:
.../PSP/flash0/font

Thanks for your reply, solarmystic. I feel so stupid now, I was looking for that folder, thinking that it was in some hidden path, while I just needed to create it from scratch, thanks for clarifying this to me Smile

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - TheDax - 02-12-2014 10:56 PM

(02-12-2014 09:50 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Thank you ! Smile

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5425

Sorry for hijacking your topic, Gurlok. We won't make any more posts about the language thing after this. Smile

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - Gurlok - 02-12-2014 11:16 PM

Nah, it's ok, and it was something useful to know too! Smile

RE: Font folder for PPSSPP on android - vnctdj - 02-12-2014 11:17 PM

Thanks again for your work TheDax Smile