forums.PPSSPP.org
About ppssppdebug version? - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: About ppssppdebug version? (/showthread.php?tid=8284)

About ppssppdebug version? - vsub_ - 01-04-2014 11:10 AM

Since I'm not home(for maybe 2 or 3 weeks more)and the pc I'm currently using can't run ppsspp(for unknown reason),I want to ask,what is the difference between the normal version and the debug version(there is also 50mb file in the builbot builds).

Are some of the debug features removed from the normal version or are there some extras that exist only in the debug version

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - Obi55 - 01-04-2014 05:22 PM

If by debug you mean git builds, then, well, some features are added and/or removed in those versions. So the standard versions are updated when released with the latest changes, while the "debug" versions are rapidly changing.

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - vnctdj - 01-04-2014 06:46 PM

I think he is speaking about the "PPSSPPDebug.exe" (or "PPSSPPDebug64.exe" for x64 builds) file which is in buildbot's builds Smile

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - TheDax - 01-04-2014 06:55 PM

Debug builds provide more verbose logging, and make it easier to get accurate stack traces.

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - vnctdj - 01-04-2014 07:00 PM

Thanks for the information Smile

Moreover, in Windows 32bit builds, there is a "PPSSPPDebug.pdb" file : if I remember correctly, this file is only useful for building, so I think it shouldn't be there, nope ?

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - TheDax - 01-04-2014 07:18 PM

It contains debug symbols so you can see where a crash occurred if you open up a debugger, so no, it should be there.

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - vnctdj - 01-04-2014 07:40 PM

Oh, OK, I didn't know... Confused

RE: About ppssppdebug version? - vsub_ - 01-05-2014 07:10 AM

Ok thanks for the info