forums.PPSSPP.org
Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. (/showthread.php?tid=7414)

Pages: 1 2

Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - GuilhermeGS2 - 11-19-2013 04:28 PM

There's too much time that it doesn't works, but I thought someone would fix. But I was wrong, now I guess nobody uses this option, I'm the only one.

The problem is that I love this option, mainly the filter Linear, it leaves the 2d graphics (or somethings like HUD or fonts) very beautiful, but it's not working for me anymore. I don't remember when the issue started, but I'd like someone fix. Thanks.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - vsub_ - 11-19-2013 04:47 PM

You are not alone.
I'm still hoping someone will fix it some day...I use Linear almost everywhere.

The first time I saw that problem,was when I tried 0.9.5 for the first time.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - GuilhermeGS2 - 11-19-2013 04:51 PM

(11-19-2013 04:47 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  You are not alone.
I'm still hoping someone will fix it some day...I use Linear almost everywhere.

The first time I saw that problem,was when I tried 0.9.5 for the first time.

Yeah, now I remember. Started since the 0.9.5.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - vsub_ - 11-19-2013 05:30 PM

If some dev is interested,this is the problem rev
PPSSPP v0.9.1-2045-ga3f2fcf
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/commit/a3f2fcfd8f7897d1543e213f68096ecfd8d3a2c4
It works fine with 2042

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - Danyal Zia - 11-19-2013 05:44 PM

I'll take a look into it tonight. (was too busy)

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - GuilhermeGS2 - 11-19-2013 05:51 PM

(11-19-2013 05:44 PM)Danyal Zia Wrote:  I'll take a look into it tonight. (was too busy)

Thank you! Smile

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - GuilhermeGS2 - 12-06-2013 02:43 PM

Any news about this problem? Was not fixed yet.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - solarmystic - 12-09-2013 09:44 PM

If you self compile (which you should, if you have a machine capable of doing so), to get the old Linear Filtering behaviour back, just change the following line located in GPU\GLES\TextureCache.cpp from

Code:
if ((g_Config.iTexFiltering == LINEAR && !gstate.isColorTestEnabled() && !gstate.isAlphaTestEnabled()) || (g_Config.iTexFiltering == LINEARFMV && g_iNumVideos))

back to

Code:
if ((g_Config.iTexFiltering == LINEAR || (g_Config.iTexFiltering == LINEARFMV && g_iNumVideos)) && !gstate.isColorTestEnabled())

It's only a stopgap solution though, and will cause the issue it's intended to fix (the boxes in FFVII Crisis Core) to reappear again, but will allow you the freedom of applying forced Linear Filtering back to any game you want.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - Henrik - 12-09-2013 10:44 PM

Thing is, forcing linear breaks things in some games when alpha test and color test are enabled.

But maybe people who choose to force linear are willing to live with those consequences... so I'm thinking of doing the above change.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - the_randomizer - 12-13-2013 05:58 PM

Was there a reason for the removal? Just curious Tongue Some games look pretty bad without texture filtering IMHO.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - Henrik - 12-14-2013 01:33 PM

Well, if I turn the texture filtering back on when alpha and color testing is enabled, I will just get other complaints instead about colored fringing on sprites. Don't see a way to make everyone happy..

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - vsub_ - 12-14-2013 02:04 PM

Not really the best solution but maybe just having one more option that work that way(when alpha and color testing is enabled)will make the people currently not happy with that change,happy too.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - the_randomizer - 12-14-2013 04:14 PM

(12-14-2013 01:33 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Well, if I turn the texture filtering back on when alpha and color testing is enabled, I will just get other complaints instead about colored fringing on sprites. Don't see a way to make everyone happy..

I really don't know much about that issue TBH You mean how sprites get a weird pinkish outlining? Like how PSX emulators look weird when scaled to high resolutions?

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - Henrik - 12-14-2013 04:43 PM

Yeah, exactly. That issue appears in many games if I restore the behaviour.

RE: Texture Filter doesn't works anymore. - pepodmc - 12-15-2013 12:37 AM

(12-14-2013 04:43 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Yeah, exactly. That issue appears in many games if I restore the behaviour.

Put an on/off option so everyone will be able to make what they want

Problem solved...