forums.PPSSPP.org
turning off graphics? - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: turning off graphics? (/showthread.php?tid=7062)

turning off graphics? - aaronr - 10-27-2013 09:57 PM

Hi.

Is it possible to turn off graphics when playing a game, or at least lower their quality to make the emulator run better on weaker computers. I'm blind so I don't need the graphics at all,, and the audio stutters for most games and I was hoping maybe by turning the graphics off it would make the ggames run better.

Thanks!

RE: turning off graphics? - Superearth958 - 10-27-2013 10:01 PM

(10-27-2013 09:57 PM)aaronr Wrote:  Hi.

Is it possible to turn off graphics when playing a game, or at least lower their quality to make the emulator run better on weaker computers. I'm blind so I don't need the graphics at all

There're actualy PSP games for blind people?Or better is the question how do you actualy play PSP games when you're blind?

However I don't think there is an option to turn off graphics.But you can try "fast memory" for example to get more speed.

RE: turning off graphics? - TheDax - 10-27-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:Or better is the question how do you actualy play PSP games when you're blind?

Via sound.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE

RE: turning off graphics? - GuilhermeGS2 - 10-27-2013 10:36 PM

If you enable the non-buffer rendering, you'll get more speed than buffer rendering.

RE: turning off graphics? - aaronr - 10-27-2013 11:04 PM

How do you turn off fast memory? Somoene told me about it but I couldn't find any way to turn it off.

RE: turning off graphics? - [Unknown] - 10-27-2013 11:09 PM

It would be possible to add an option to use our "NULL GPU" graphics, which wouldn't draw anything.

If you set "Frameskipping" to "8", it should draw a lot less, though. This should help the sound smooth out (unless there are bugs emulating the game you are using.)

-[Unknown]

RE: turning off graphics? - aaronr - 10-27-2013 11:26 PM

Thanks! it rarely lags anymore!