forums.PPSSPP.org
Stuttering of new builds - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Stuttering of new builds (/showthread.php?tid=7052)

Stuttering of new builds - akimikage - 10-27-2013 09:59 AM

Okay, I thought it was only MonHun Freedom Unite but I've tested my other games and they all stutter after a few mins of playing. This doesn't happen on the official 0.9.1.

These are the builds I've tested :
0.9.1-1927-g4f6b022 ( first new build that started stuttering )
0.9.1-2200-g0ae5e5c ( latest build tested to test if it's fixed )

Games I've tested :
MonHun Unite ULUS-10391 (stutters)
Gods Eater Burst ULUS-10563 (stutters)
Disgaea 2 DHD ULULS-10461 (stutters)
MonHun 3rd HD NPJB-40001 (does not stutter - although I'm not sure if I just didn't play it long enough for it to start stuttering)

I don't know if it's the config of my rig but I've uploaded the debug console screenie. The lines after "vs 19 fs 34" are the lines that appear when the game starts stuttering

RE: Stuttering of new builds - [Unknown] - 10-27-2013 02:00 PM

Linked shader means it's creating shaders. What was the most recent build that didn't have this issue for you?

-[Unknown]

RE: Stuttering of new builds - akimikage - 10-27-2013 02:54 PM

I rarely use SVN builds. I only downloaded an svn build coz I wanted to see how custom shaders look like and 0.9.1 doesn't support shaders. Those two builds are the only ones I tested. The official 0.9.1 is the only build that doesn't have this kind of issue

Edit : I'm going to test if it's the custom shaders I added. I'll post the results later
It still stutter even with a fresh, untouched download

RE: Stuttering of new builds - akimikage - 11-17-2013 10:44 AM

I think I got the culprit. It was the multithread option